• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Film] Wolf Creek

I liked it though it was totally different to what I expected.

I was expecting a suspenseful, jumpy, 'whodunnit?' movie. Instead, the movie was predictable in what would occur next, there was no wondering as to what would occur it was just the thought of how bloody it would be.

Surprisingly, I still liked it because I thought John Jarrett played a good role, even though it will take down the Australian standing in the eyes of the world back down to Crocodile Dundee days... :\

I also wondered why the directors made the two girls British when they both couldn't hold the accent for long... why didn't he just make them interstate tourists or at least hire English actresses?

Still, I rate this high for an Aussie film! :D

<3

iamtha1 said:
I also wondered why the directors made the two girls British when they both couldn't hold the accent for long...why didn't he just make them interstate tourists or at least hire English actresses?
^Yeah, this was one of my major gripes too. :X.
Their accents were appauling. Duckboy had to listen to me bleating on and on about it on the way home in the car.
If you're going to do an accent do it bloody properly!!! /end fiery rage.

Boring.

I have to ask - those that walked out, or even thought about walking out ; was it the "horror" aspect, or just the fact that your bottom was getting sore or you thought that watching passers-by on the street outside the cinema and waiting for a potential pedestrian vs car accident might be more entertaining?

i detected very little "gore". i was never in suspense. i was never shocked.
How it copped an R18+ rating i will never know. Medical tv dramas show more blood.

On the lighter side, though, I had to laugh at them buying an S.A rego car from a W.A. car yard though... didn't think you could do that. Not even up north. Maybe i'm wrong though :)

Pisses me right off when directors don't hire actors of their native country for the roles they're obviously meant to be playing. For example, many Amercian films feature a token Australian character. Inevitably he/she is an American faking a bad (VERY bad) Australian accent. Why??? Clearly there'd be thousands of out-of-work Australian actors who'd jump at the chance to showcase an authentic accent. Similarly in the reverse. If a foreign person is called for, fucking hire a foreign person who has the native dialect downpat. Or at least ensure your straight-out-of-NIDA actors know their voice coaching.

Um... rant over, sorry, I haven't even seen the movie :D

^ I'm glad they hired Australians in an Australian production. God knows they need the work. That being said, they could have done a little better with selecting people who can actually stick to the accent.

This movie was shit. So shit that my boyfriend and I were so pissed off about spending $15 on it that we went into the next theatre afterwards which was playing 40 year old virgin. Surprisingly, I enjoyed this more than Wolf Creek.

I can only reiterate what people have said before me. The start was too long! It didn't really build up tension and was fairly dull. The gore wasn't shocking and normally I can't really deal with the whole blood and guts thing. And what was that little endnote? I know it was supposed to mirror the Falconio case but honestly...