• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

FILM: Thirt13n Ghosts

Tech Kinetics

Bluelighter
I just saw this movie last night and I give it a 10 out of 10 rating!!!
The storyline could've been written a little better because it was a little hard to understand at first but the Incredible Sound and Production work make up for it.
I personally think that each ghost had a particular history behind them that might've been explained a little more on the DVD version.
But seeing it on VHS still left some questions in my mind unanswered.
But the main reason why I love this movie sooo much is because the Special Effects are mind blowing!!
It's a perfect trip movie!
So without a doubt I give THIRTEEN GHOSTS a 10-Star rating!

13 GHOSTS .......

Holy shit .... that movie was crazy! A shitty plot but still kicked ass!
It would be pretty straight to live in that house though, without the ghosts ofcourse.
I was LMAO ..... when this kid Christian was all covering his face and turning his head and shit.
I love scary movies!
So who else and seen it and what do you think?

The story did kind of suck, but the ghosts made up for it. The whole idea of a house that is a machine designed by the devil is spooky enough. That house was pretty bad ass. I think the part were the girl was washing her face in the tub with the dead chick siting in it was pretty damn creepy.
[ 16 April 2002: Message edited by: KURVE ]

All in all, I thought it was okay. But yeah, the effects and the ghosts kicked ass. Especially the angry princess and the juggernaut.
It madd freaked me out...i mean, these are those types of movies that after you finish watching it...yer like, is this really going on right now. Hehehehe.
What did ya guys think of House on Haunted Hill, which came out a lil while back but done by the same director. w00t!

i didn't like house on haunted hill, but 13 ghosts was awesome! the story was lacking, but i really liked the special effects.

the ghosts look badass, but sucks that the plot is shitty. :\

It was an alright movie. It was funny watching that American Pie girl try to act... she really can't. Lots of cliches too.

i watched this tonight and was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the production design and, especially, the ghost concepts.

i agree with TK - the effects were also excellent without being overwhelming.

on the downside, there are more than a handful of neo b-movie cliches. i wouldn't give it a 10 but it's a very solid 7.5 :)

alasdair

I saw this at the cinemas and was on the edge of my seat throught the whole movie. Most of the time i had my eyes closed so i had to rent the movie sometime after that. When i rented it, it was still as scary as the first time i saw it.

Yeah, i agree the special effects were fantastic, they made the ghosts look very goth and industrialised. I love how the guy gets sliced in 2, i think it was the lawyer??

i saw this film in the theater a while ago. i generally thought it was really good. the special effects were awesome, although the story line was lame/ predictable at some points.

i cant tell if this is sarcasm or not?

Anyway, thirteen ghosts was fucking terrible.

Yeah I can't in good conscience say that it was a good movie, the concepts are great but Shannon Elizabeth + Matthew Lillard was total fail.