• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: Robocop

Rate this film:

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

marsmellow

Bluelight Crew
I'm surprised there is no thread for this yet. It's a really good movie.

IMDB Summary said:
Detroit - in the future - is crime ridden, and run by a massive company. The company have developed a huge crime fighting robot, which unfortunately develops a rather dangerous glitch. The company sees a way to get back in favour with the public when a cop called Alex Murphy is killed by a street gang. Murphys body is reconstructed within a steel shell and named Robocop. The Robocop is very successful against criminals, and becomes a target of supervillian Boddicker.

Poll please. :)

This film seriously didn't have a thread?

Damn.

I love the commercials and news reports.

And Boddicker's quotable lines:

"Can ya fly, Billy?"

"Bitches leave."

There were tons of perfectly good threads deleted during spring cleaning, including threads for which links still exist in index pages. It was probably there.

This and Total Recall are probably my favorite Verhoven films, though I've heard good things about some of his recent work that didn't get any wide international release.

I love sci fi, but for some reason I never saw Robocop til a couple of years ago. I loved it. And the villain is sadistic as shit

lol... still makes me laugh. :D

emilbanner.jpg

Last edited:
When I read this I thought this was a remake Robocop thread......damn that would be tight!
This one and part 2 were both good films....even if they are pretty 80's out!

Darren Aronofsky was going to remake it, but he lost interest for some reason. It will probably be remade by some shitty director like Michael Bay now.

I could go for some 'nuke' from part 2 lol. But yeah its a good movie, not great but good once in a while. Actually I think I'll check it out again cuz of this thread.

The scene where they shoot up murphy and blow his limbs off made me sick to my stomach! :(