• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

film: Rebuild of Evangelion

tathra

bluelighter
Finally, a [shitty] english sub of the 2nd movie is available! there have been quite a few changes from the original series, but they have certainly been for the better. the new character is fucking hot and awsome, but how does she know so much about the evas and their secrets?! it'll probably be another 2 years before the last 2 films come out though :(

anybody else following these?

great series. mental as fuck near the end though. the first movie just confused things more. :D

it'll probably be another 2 years before the last 2 films come out though :(

given that reality, i believe i will wait until there's a proper version available. cam rips ruin my appetite :\

Impacto Profundo said:
great series. mental as fuck near the end though. the first movie just confused things more.

are you aware that we're discussing the REBUILD of eva, not the movies belonging with the original series?

So it's basically the whole series re-written in a few movies? I used to love this show, I'll have to check it out.

from what i hear there's a complete divergence from the original series from the 2nd movie onwards and maybe even a new end to evangelion,

NSFW:
which would be cool since i hate endings where everyone dies and all life ends everywhere and the world explodes. those can be bummers

added some tags, wouldnt want to ruin the series for anyone who hasnt seen it yet, although the rebuilds might be so epic that they make the entire history before that completely redundant

THREAD BUMP

fuck i can't believe i had been waiting almost a year for a legitimately subbed 2.0 in 1080p but it was fucking worth it. pretty much a complete divergence from the original series, and thankfully they replaced the shinji self-pity bullshit with genuine character development. they really established a high standard for the next movie.

what impressed me the most was the animation. i could barely keep track of the story because i was drooling over every single frame. i can understand how it took so long to create this. reality itself isn't even so detailed.

they replaced the shinji self-pity bullshit with genuine character development.

reeeeally? i might have to watch this now. i saw the previews for 2.22 and was impressed, but worried that they might not tool around with the story much.

yeah, it's completely different. the focus is definitely more on the characters this time than on just shinji or the fight scenes (which btw are fresh and not repetitive like they were)

Hrm, yeah I'm watchin 2.22 now and while the focus seems to be more character oriented, theyre throwing characters at me so quickly that i cant always remember who they are. Its been years since I saw the original show, you see.

edit: okay, they kept my fav scene in of misato cashin the beer with the penguin nearby, so i officially like this.

shinji is such a badass now. gainax originally intended for rei to be a "creepy girl with no personality," etc, but noting that they failed, they decided to give her some personality!

i hope kaoru becomes even more badass in the next movie too (i <3 kaoru)

and mary is pretty damn awesome too. i hope they go into her story in the next movie.

Wow I'm lost. Let's say I watched the originals like a decade ago. If I were to watch the new re-done series can someone please, in simple layman's terms, tell me exactly what to watch, and in which order? All of this 1.0, 2.0, 2.2.2.2222 stuff in confusing me almost as much as the original ending did :(

Wow I'm lost. Let's say I watched the originals like a decade ago. If I were to watch the new re-done series can someone please, in simple layman's terms, tell me exactly what to watch, and in which order? All of this 1.0, 2.0, 2.2.2.2222 stuff in confusing me almost as much as the original ending did :(

2.222 or whatever seems like a fine point to start. only one ive seen since the original.

you can (not) advance.

^They should watch 1.0 first, shouldn't they? The wiki page has the episode list. There's only four episodes, two of which have been made. The third one doesn't have a release date, but looking at the time between the release of 1 and 2 sometime in fall seems like a possibility.

I just finished watching a download of a file labeled 2.22 all ketted and high, and the plot was the same as the wiki page's plot description for 2.0, so I'm not sure what the decimals are about. As others have stated, the animation is absolutely gorgeous and the characters are much more dynamic. I think I've gone through the full original series on TV or in downloads over the years propelled on by its reputation; so far the rebuild is a lot more narratively and aesthetically satisfying than I remember the original being, and I don't think it's just the ketamine.

I just finished watching a download of a file labeled 2.22 all ketted and high, and the plot was the same as the wiki page's plot description for 2.0, so I'm not sure what the decimals are about. As others have stated, the animation is absolutely gorgeous and the characters are much more dynamic. I think I've gone through the full original series on TV or in downloads over the years propelled on by its reputation; so far the rebuild is a lot more narratively and aesthetically satisfying than I remember the original being, and I don't think it's just the ketamine.

lol, no, it wasn't just the ketamine :)

1.0 and 2.0 are the theatrical releases while the rest correspond to the dvd and bluray releases which supposedly contain additional content but are more or less the same as their whole number counterparts

There's also more than one English translation out there I just now see. It makes a big difference. This second translation I'm seeing is much more coherent.

yeah the recent release that was ripped from blu-ray was frickin sweet. the original cam and translation was godawful, but better than not being able to watch it.

sigh, the wait for the next movie is killing me. they had to end it right when kaworu shows up! bastards!

Yeah, I hope it comes out at least sometime in Fall. I've watched both movies twice now and it's been a blast each time. Something about the vibe of it goes so well with the mix of a dissociatives, cannabis, and 4-ho-DPT -- it's all so much epic beautiful fun.

yeah the recent release that was ripped from blu-ray was frickin sweet. the original cam and translation was godawful, but better than not being able to watch it.

oh man. i deliberately avoided the cam release knowing the bluray was gonna totally shit all over everything. i can just imagine a cam version would have missed at least half the details.

on a related note, japan is the same region code as north america so we should be able to order the real disc at some point (maybe already now?), subtitled in english.