• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids fighting severe constipation

I'm on methadone and if I dose in the AM before I poop I have to wait til the next AM til I can go. Then if I dose before I go that morning, I have to wait til the NEXT morning... It can get rather ugly if I carry on this way. I just try an wait til I poop before I take my dose. Usually that means drinking coffee, smoking a cigarette, and sometimes waiting for mild withdrawl to start. Maybe just timing her doses and her poops will fix it, like it did for me? Caution: the first poop after not going for a while might take a little more "help" to get moving, but after that it should be easier to stay on a regular routine. I feel her pain though, ripping your asshole with a giant turd totally hurts, especially because it usually happends when withdrawl is setting in :/ best of luck
Ps. Dried mangos are soo good and have me poopin no matter what time I dose

Happens me on tapentadol, and nothing but water helps me, loads and loads of water, lack of water is a major factor which contrbutes towards constipation xxx

You just have to wait on your dose and let yourself withdrawal a little bit, its worth it just to take a dump believe me.
However, If u cant, u could always go get some meth or some type of stimulant to help...

Now thats fucking nasty.

To clarify, he was digging it out of himself, not me. I don't take opiates for long enough periods to get that bad.

Need to get it out one way or another, stopping taking opiates when I'm constipated works for me.

Stimulants, even caffeine might help too.

Papaya during breakfast, fibers, lots of water and 2 spoons of mineral oil before going to bed.
It should work. Magnesium also helps..

Hey there, I'm prescribed MS Contin (morphine ER) and it gives me trouble. Exercise, a healthy diet, and some milk of magnesia will do the trick. It works fast, but it makes the stomach really rumble and does cause diarrhea, but that is a relief. Hope that helps.

I just wakeup in the morning, drink some coffee, smoke a cig and BAM. Do all this before your dose of whatever, and you're good...

Also...if your body is used to opiates (like mine)...you can stop them for 12-24 hours and you will definitely go to the restroom....then start back on them. I had to do that when I 1st started MS Contin because I got frustrated. Doing that causes some other issues (sweating, restlessness, cramps, and pain), but it isn't a big deal if you know you will be taking them again as prescribed once you can go.

Hi,

my girlfriend is taking about 1mg buprenorphine everyday. Constipation isn't always a problem. For weeks it's working normal, or she even gehts diarrhea for some reasons, but every few weeks it gets really, really terrible. From time to time it takes her bowels from 6 to 12 (^_O) days, to let her take a dump.

Usually she takes Macrogol (polyethylene glycol) to support bowel movement. Usually 2 bags at once, But it won't work always (besides, this shit is expensive here in Germany). Is there anything she could take to support the effects of Macrogol? She is really suffering from constipation. When it's been 4-5 days after the last dumps moving a lot becomes a pain in the ass (no pun intended) and she experiences a lot of pain in her stomach.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Hansimglück

Hey
Dont mean to try & push aside your post but i too was wondering the same thing. For the last 4 months ive been on duragesic & on the first day that i place my patch on, usually 8hrs or so i begin getting this horrible pain on both sides of my stomach from my rib cage down to my groin. I begin sweating & rocking & nothing helps until i clean out my gut.After that first episode i dont hv that pain anymore during the 72hours on my duragesicc. I already deal w/ mild constipation most likely due to my oxycodone 15mg four times a day. I use to go back & forth with diarrea/constipation ....& ive never being a "regular" kind of girl but this duragesic thing honestly makes me wanna go off these thing esp since it stops working by day 2 for my pain. I told my PM & she offered no advice or concern regarding this problem so i wished some severe constipation to her on the voodoo doll i hv of her. Im gonna look into some of the suggestions that were offered here on this post. Again sorry if i took over the original post.

Dulcolax never worked for me. I remember they kept giving it to me in the hospital, but I didn't even go once, even after I refused the vicodin they were giving me. Then 2 days out and going back on oxy after my surgeries to remove infected tissue from an abscess, I shit for like a whole day.

Magnesium citrate always works great, without having to spend a day within 20 feet of a toilet.

I'm will have to go back to the MS Contin from Oxycontin (which I prefer) because I'm not using insurance right now...so I'll experiment with different medications to relieve constipation if it happens again with the MS...I'll report back...

Sennosides or Sennkot ( vegetable laxative ) always makes my PST bricks soften and come out within 24hrs but you have to take four to six of them with a lot of water... Mag Citrate works as well. Both these ( I think ) somehow rehydrate the hardened shit so it can move. I have had to physically remove what I always refer to myself as a "plug" several times. It seems that the hardest and dryest part of a stuck movement is always at the end, your anus, so though it's not comfortable a fleet enema ( two at a time ) and laying on your side for 5 minutes with the liquid from the enema staying in your colon always helps. It's nasty but many have to dig the hardest part out and do all the above things to keep from having a possibly harmful impaction ... good luck

Got be the worst thing its been a big problem all the years I been using its not unheard of for me to go over a week without a shit an that is just horrible the only thing that properly helps me is a powder called movicol its prescription over here in the UK but it does work forget fibregel or any other over the counter stuff opiate constipation the next level