• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Few questions about heroin (probably been answered already, but fuck it)..

Get some scales that are very accurate , then start off 10mg and see how you feel , don't redsose until, next day .

The fucking difference is once you go the route of heroin you will never be the same again. I can guarantee you will regret it. If you are already addicted this will be the end of who you are right now because once you travel this road you will never be the same again.

We say what we say because we were once like you and have become battle scarred veterans of the drug world. .

yes, very well said.

Personally I think some RX opioids have WORSE WDs than dope (fentanyl, methadone, oxycodone in high enough doses from what I have heard from people who have gone through both (I have gone through fent WDs (100x worse than dope once you are up to 25mgs a day or so) and methadone (40mgs a day wasn't TOO bad but lasted forever, 90mgs a day was 10x worse than dope AND lasted forever) never oxy at any level other than like 10mgs a few times a day, but I've heard from people who are using 80s 3-4 times a day (or now usually a couple 30s multiple times) those WDs are worse). I don't know why so many people say H has the worst WDs as I have experienced worse from opioids that are prescribed in cases. Also, even coming off like 1mg a day of clonazepam (well prescribed 2mgs a day, dropped to 1/0.75 a day for a couple weeks then stopped) was as bad as dope but that is a whole different class (alcohol- even worse)...

Now, I do think in OPs case they will get worse when he switches to H as it is hydro (and I'm guessing not HUGE doses as hydro doesn't come in very big doses with APAP). But to say "hey, you could go for any number of other pharmacuetical opioids..." some people will feel those WDs worse than dope. I think fent is the absolute worst by far (and it only took like a couple weeks to go from about 300mcgs IV per shot to literally 1-3mgs per shot)....

Wanted to add I'm not saying to OP that he should do it, yes the best thing is to stop by tapering. But, I do just feel like from the experiences of several people including myself that I have had worse opioid WDs than dope.... getting stronger pain meds like OP regularly switching to fent, methadone, hydromorphone, etc. might cause just as bad WDs

Personally I think some RX opioids have WORSE WDs than dope (fentanyl, methadone, oxycodone in high enough doses from what I have heard from people who have gone through both (I have gone through fent WDs (100x worse than dope once you are up to 25mgs a day or so) and methadone (40mgs a day wasn't TOO bad but lasted forever, 90mgs a day was 10x worse than dope AND lasted forever) never oxy at any level other than like 10mgs a few times a day, but I've heard from people who are using 80s 3-4 times a day (or now usually a couple 30s multiple times) those WDs are worse). I don't know why so many people say H has the worst WDs as I have experienced worse from opioids that are prescribed in cases. Also, even coming off like 1mg a day of clonazepam (well prescribed 2mgs a day, dropped to 1/0.75 a day for a couple weeks then stopped) was as bad as dope but that is a whole different class (alcohol- even worse)...

Now, I do think in OPs case they will get worse when he switches to H as it is hydro (and I'm guessing not HUGE doses as hydro doesn't come in very big doses with APAP). But to say "hey, you could go for any number of other pharmacuetical opioids..." some people will feel those WDs worse than dope. I think fent is the absolute worst by far (and it only took like a couple weeks to go from about 300mcgs IV per shot to literally 1-3mgs per shot)....

Actually, just to clarify, I'm on oxycodone and not hydrocodone.. I did start off on hydro's though but made the transition to oxycodone rather quickly.. oh, and I think oxycodone is stronger than H on a mg to mg basis.. 100 mg of oxycodone is stronger than 100 mg of heroin, correct? I currently take Percocet though which is (as you very well may know) oxycodone.

No- H is stronger MG per MG at least as far as analgesia is concerned. Sorry, I had thought it was still hydrocodone; still from the sound of it if it has APAP you probably aren't up to the like 100s of mgs a day point yet since the strongest perc w/APAP is 10/325 I think?