• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Fever/Severe Uti-like symptoms from ketamine (possible mxe)

Stormlust

Greenlighter
I wanted to know if any of you have experienced something similar. I'm a k user I snort about 1-2 grams a day on average. I haven't had this problem before but I have a feeling the last stuff I did was MXE not k.
I did a bunch of it then into the next day I started experiencing bladder problems. Urinating too much, pressure on my bladder. That night I woke up and I was FREEZING and trembling and my entire body was aching. I had a terrible migraine and my stomach was aching on the right side under the rib cage and by the hip.
I was sweating profusely and though I was cold and wearing a sweater and pants and two blankets, my girlfriend had no clothes on and was over the covers dying of heat.
I took my temp and did not have a fever. It's been 4 days now, my appetite has gone to shit and I have no energy. I stopped using yesterday morning. I do feel a bit better now but I still have pain in my side and my head and neck and shortage of breath and trouble with my bladder. Can anyone help?

Kidney problems like you describe are pretty common on heavy ketamine use - some people have had to have surgery etc due to very heavy use.

You really should seek medical help.

There are dozens of threads around the place talking about this but I will move your thread over to other drugs where you may get a few more replies.

Urinating too much ? I thought ketamine caused you be unable to empty your bladder

Ketamine can cause some nasty bladder problems, and has led to a few people having to have their bladder removed altogether (which obviously affects their quality of life)
This seems to only happen to really heavy users.
If i were you i'd seriously consider cutting my use back. Nobody here can diagnose what happened to cause your fever, but ketamine is known for serious bladder damage, and this might be a warning sign that shouldn't be ignored.
Not trying to scare you, but you're in risky territory for this kind of thing.

See a medical professional. Tell the doctor how you use Ketamine, the amount and ways you administer it, and how it can sometimes be MXE or the other drugs you suspect it is, and your symptoms. You will not get into legal trouble for seeking medical advice. Completely stop using Ketamine, MXE, and any other drugs you use. Stay safe and I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:
Honestly sounds like an opiate withdrawal, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense as even if it was cut with something with opiate effect it's unlikely you'd have what seems as such pronounced w/d effects.

The bladder thing is the one thing that does not really match opiate withdrawals. The waking up freezing, trembling, sweating, too hot & too cold, and a few others although the remaining long term effects make no sense.

You need to stop using Ketamine, MXE, or any arylcyclohexylamine dissociatives NOW. Cutting down is not enough!

As has been stated, the bladder damaging effects of these substances are not something to fuck around with. Current theories suggest that a metabolite, or metabolites of these substances, cause urine to become corrosive to the lining of the bladder, and literally shear bladder epithelium cells from the inside of the bladder wall. The bladder has some capacity to regenerate these cells but it is theorised also that there is a threshold at which too many epithelial cells are lost, when the damage begins to become permanent. Another small study suggests around 50% of chronic Ketamine users experience improvement of symptoms on cessation of Ketamine use, which suggests that the damage is reversible up to a point - but this percentage could likely be much higher if more users caught these problems early on, so again, stop now.

Sources:
http://ajp.amjpathol.org/article/S0002-9440(16)00073-0/fulltext
http://www.goldjournal.net/article/S0090-4295(15)01151-6/abstract
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/861056#vp_1

Forgive me for repeating myself here, but if nothing else, I really want to emphasise the importance of this point - I know it might be hard, but if you do not want to risk losing your bladder or suffering permanent damage, you must not use any more dissociatives for a long time.

Other than that, stay hydrated, and as has been stated also, please go see an actual medical professional as soon as possible.

I've gotten the bladder issues and frequent urination from small amounts of 3meopcp use. my dissociative use has been sporadic and not heavy by comparison to many ppl on here.

But it seems that if I use 3meo more than a day in a row these issues creep back up. definitely alarming and unfortunate since they are such great drugs

I gave up ketamine entirely and forever after similar symptoms. You are playing with fire and already starting to burn. Stop now. It will only get much much worse.

i currently have to get up 4 times a night on a bad night to piss. if it's only one, im lucky and have been following my IC diet (interstitial cystitis diet) to a T. for years i used about a gram a day, this has done more to affect my quality of life than anything else ive done to myself. quit while you're ahead or risk understanding why old people are so grumpy waaaay to early in your life.

did kambo/sapo frog venom. am now sleeping 6 - 10 hours without having to urinate. hopefully the effect will persist. 10/10, would vomit uncontrollably to sleep a full night again.

did kambo/sapo frog venom. am now sleeping 6 - 10 hours without having to urinate. hopefully the effect will persist. 10/10, would vomit uncontrollably to sleep a full night again.

Had no clue that was a thing but just wanted to say I really loved this post. Truly encompasses the spirit I come here for.

still pissing full 300 - 400ml instead of 80 - 100. Just to update. slept 8 hrs last night no interruption.

i was doing it for something else, it happened to benefit this actually more though.