Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Fer de lance venom

telepathetic

Bluelighter
I once had this applied by a "shaman" to a burn, in a similar fashion to Kambo (which id never do again and isn't medicinal whatsoever). It was given as a sort of antipsychotic. It was very tranquilizing, for a few hours. Almost benzo like. It didn't make you sick like kambo other than a slightly elevafed heart rate. The one interesting thing is the wound swelled up and started making a raised path along my arm, where the head bubbled up into a circle, and the traveling venom made a slithering snake up my arm, looked just like a snake.

I've never heard of this. Did it have any lasting aftereffects or anything? Did you gain something from it? What was the purpose that you went into it for?

I've never heard of this. Did it have any lasting aftereffects or anything? Did you gain something from it? What was the purpose that you went into it for?
No, nothing to really speak of other than the sedation, some dizziness, etc. The guy just suggested it, so I agreed.

He said it would help with anxiety and paranoia. I say "shaman" as he was also my coke dealer, or his brother was, or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I once had this applied by a "shaman" to a burn, in a similar fashion to Kambo (which id never do again and isn't medicinal whatsoever). It was given as a sort of antipsychotic. It was very tranquilizing, for a few hours. Almost benzo like. It didn't make you sick like kambo other than a slightly elevafed heart rate. The one interesting thing is the wound swelled up and started making a raised path along my arm, where the head bubbled up into a circle, and the traveling venom made a slithering snake up my arm, looked just like a snake.
I would not do this again, isn't the fer de lance snake a pit viper? Kambo is from a poison dart frog right?

I would not do this again, isn't the fer de lance snake a pit viper? Kambo is from a poison dart frog right?
Id repeat it sooner than I'd do kambo again. The guy was adamant that a dangerous amount could not make it through the small burn, and the venom was diluted, so I agreed even though I couldn't find anything online about anyone ever doing this. This was somewhat pleasant despite the mild stinging. Kambo is miserable.

Id repeat it sooner than I'd do kambo again. The guy was adamant that a dangerous amount could not make it through the small burn, and the venom was diluted, so I agreed even though I couldn't find anything online about anyone ever doing this. This was somewhat pleasant despite the mild stinging. Kambo is miserable.
You were burned first? Why? Are you in Mexico?

Ok but why were you burned first? The entire experience sounds super dangerous and not fun or enjoyable.

Often venoms are applied to burn wounds, I’ve heard some folks describe the reason being it helps the substances to be taken up into the lymphatic system.

-GC

Ok but why were you burned first? The entire experience sounds super dangerous and not fun or enjoyable.
I guess this is the traditional way to apply poisons, adapted from kambo it seems. The burn works as a sort of bottleneck, allowing only a certain amount to absorb, preventing a deadly reaction, which i hear for these sorts of things the mucous membrane or a normal cut or any other ROA would be deadly. The burning doesn't hurt, though did leave some scars visible to this day.

The burning is the way it (kambo, and apparently this snake venom too) is applied and allowed to enter the bloodstream. You make a burn or series of burns (small ones) and apply the venom to them, and it enters the bloodstream. Could be that there is a better way, but it is typically how it's done.

I’m confused as to the benefit of using a hemotoxin, however. A neurotoxin seems sensible if the goal was to relieve pain. Hemotoxins, when injected (fangs, nematocysts, etc.), cause incredible pain, in increase in ♥️ rate and a complete destruction to the clotting properties of our blood.

My suspicion is that the OP will probably have permanent scarring from this particular venom, at the very least.

Go Bullet Ant, or go home!

Occam's razor: substance was most likely not fer de lance venom.

Like Fiori di Bella said, that venom is a hemotoxin. Hemotoxins are no fun, no fun at all. Well, unless you like gangrene, amputations, splenectomies, that kinda thing.

As for what it actually, I have no idea.