• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Tolerance Spike

Dr.Hulkster

Greenlighter
So I couldn't find any actual studies about Fentanyl. But I did see plenty of personal accounts that once people used it for weeks or months they could no longer get high off of less potent opiates such as Hydro, Oxy, or Dillies. Does anyone have any studies on the effects of Fentanyl on opioid tolerance? Would using once negatively affect my tolerance or would I have to use repeatedly?

Is one that doesn't eff with Fent, but knows many who enjoy it, OD and died from it.

It's a tricky drug in the sense that it can blow your tolerance or if you don't have much of a tolerance, cause you to OD.

My neighbor uses Fent patches, she's always nodding, burning herself with cigs, falling asleep with cigs, etc. If it does everyone this way, why use? I like to be alert when I am stoned.

And chewing the patches...known a few who have died because the med was not evenly distributed, so first time they chewed, nada, second time they chewed, too much.

I don´t have any studies just right now, but I can share with you that Fentanyl could be one of the worst medications to get off as they are like 50 x stronger than morphine if not more. So many people have died from Fentanyl. Besides being too strong the patches are supposed to last 3 days.
I've seen addicts having to detox Fent. with really high doses of methadone to be able to go down. And once you've make that choice things could get really tough.