• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl patch, can't believe my tolerance

cactus3

Greenlighter
About 3-4 weeks ago (begin of October) my Oxycodon and instant release fentanyl I had been using for 2-3 months prior, have been replaced by a fent patch. 150mcg/h.

Since I don't give a f*ck about life I thought I finally had the golden 'end patch' so I cut up the patch, microwaved it for ~30 seconds in some water, and kept everything in my mouth for buccal absorption. Tried several other methods since - simply sticking the patch in my cheek, eating it with some hot tea, etc.

But it does nothing. 150mcg should be a friggin lethal dose but it does nothing for me. I have the matrix patches and not the gel patch, but still. What am I doing wrong? (I'm not asking for suicide advice but just in general why I don't feel any effects, not even from a 'proper' dose)

oral use of fentanyl is a huge waste, it has only 30 percent bioavailability, compared to 100% BA when worn on the skin. even hopen for buccal absorption is a wasted because you have lots of water in your mouth and the fent in patches is a freebase so solubility will be poor in the mouth.

I had patches presribed for about a year. I'm always amazed at how this myth is so widespread that this is a good way to use patches.

If you have the matrix mylan brand, wear on skin and heat with a hot towel or blowdryer (be careful, easy to overdose like this because its hard to gauge how much you are getting)

Or stir the patch in citric acid or acetic acid solution to turn the freebase into the salt form, then filter very well and inject (still a wste in my experience, I got a longer lasting and stronger high wearing on the skin with heat compared to IV use in this method)

If they are the gel patches they can be smoked to better effect than injecting the others I just described, but this is super dangerious and I had my one and only overdose in years of IV opiate use using this method.

...but putting patches into your mouth is a huge waste for the reasons i described above.

Thank you for the reply. I have the matrix kind, Teva. I didn't applied them to my skin for at least two months, then applied 6 100s and heated them and it still didn't do a thing(wore them for about 36 hours with heat). Wtf. I was sure I would at least get sleepy or something but I noticed no effects at all. I just don't get it. (I don't smoke, and I'd rather stay off the needles)

Oxy (instant release) did't do much for me but at least got me sleepy when I took 80mgs (before I got the patches). If I took them now, would they do anything?