• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl matrix patches placed on open wound.

Dentanyl

Greenlighter
i am not saying i am going to do it. but just wanna know has any one tried it?...has it been done and if has what affect did it have. Im not talking about the gel patches rather the thin ones with just the glue. I beleave thay are called matrix patches but am really not shore. I have a really strong amunity to opioid drugs and find that wearing the patches does very little so litlle i find the only way i get releafe is to chew on parts of the patch. any reply would be great. thanks

it would probably increase the effects a little bit as it would get into, but you've absolutely no way of knowing how much you've ingested per hour so you have no way of controlling your doses and it would be very inconsistent. also, sticking shit onto open wounds means it won't heal so you risk getting infections and the like.

stick to cutting them up and taking them bucally (through your cheek) if you must abuse them. if theyre prescribed for legit pain, just tell your doc they're shit.

Are you trying to kill yourself? That sounds like an absolutely terrible idea on so many levels.

Pls don't do this...

Putting a patch that restricts air flow over an open wound is a great way to trap bacteria, prevent scab formation or healing, and get an infected wound.

The limiting factor is not absorption of fentanyl through the skin anyway, it's migration of fentanyl out of the patch, so it won't pose any benefit anyway.

A better idea would be a fentanyl-infused plaster... IDK if anyone's ever done that.

Isn't it how many mcg/hr the patch is what determines how fast the chemical gets in you?

It's not the best idea to begin with but there's lots of other ways to speed up the release without doing something as dangerous as putting in on an open wound.