• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl into Suboxone

FutureBoyWonder

Greenlighter
After a couple years sober unfortunately I've started using for the last couple months but I've successfully tapered down to a .25g of fairly low quality dope, and no needles a miracle! In my neck of the woods everything at least has at least some fentanyl in it I've been testing it. I heard since fent is lipophilic that's where the difficulties of suboxone shows itself. I can't get in a methadone clinic until the 6th but i was curious about something. I'm 6'5" and about 150lbs so not terribly uh.. lipo-centric. Do these facts give me any hope to avoiding precipitated withdrawal by relying on the COWS score?

I've come to realize i no longer have the gall to handle withdrawal as i did when i was not so much younger.

After a couple years sober unfortunately I've started using for the last couple months but I've successfully tapered down to a .25g of fairly low quality dope, and no needles a miracle! In my neck of the woods everything at least has at least some fentanyl in it I've been testing it. I heard since fent is lipophilic that's where the difficulties of suboxone shows itself. I can't get in a methadone clinic until the 6th but i was curious about something. I'm 6'5" and about 150lbs so not terribly uh.. lipo-centric. Do these facts give me any hope to avoiding precipitated withdrawal by relying on the COWS score?

I've come to realize i no longer have the gall to handle withdrawal as i did when i was not so much younger.
Look up the Bernese method, lol to the “not terribly uh... lipocentric”

I would recommend starting off with 100 mcg bup, take the strip, put it into 8 ml water, 1 ml now = 1 mg, take 0.1 ml under your tounge, wait 2 hours, take another 100 mcg, wait two hours, take another 100 mcg, wait a day, repeat, but take 125 mcg per dose, wait a day, take 150 mcg per dose, just work your way up, I doubt you’ll go into pw that way

The half life wing break down too fast between each day? Appreciate the gameplan
As a complete aside does pwd shorten the total withdrawal period?

If you've been off opioids for two years, I think you should be fairly resilient. I would just wait the 24 hours, if its too hard take some benzos. If the suboxone is not enough to relieve the withdrawal, just keep it at and your body should adapt in a couple days.

If you've been off opioids for two years, I think you should be fairly resilient. I would just wait the 24 hours, if its too hard take some benzos. If the suboxone is not enough to relieve the withdrawal, just keep it at and your body should adapt in a couple days.
That's key to note. He will feel like shit on switching...but that's doesn't mean it's a precipitated WD

Bec Fentanyl is lipoic u can get into trouble thinking fentanyl will be a quick withdrawal. Find yourself in precipitated withdrawal easy after full 24 hrs later....and of course I’m talking IV. Transdermal really same as methadone. You should have a short acting opioid to step down, unless u have a bone head for a dr like me...which is likely.

I was told by my sub dr to really be sure you won’t go into precipitated withdrawals you have to wait 72 hours to start induction after last dose of heroin (involving fentanyl) before all this fent shit I used to be able to take a sub as soon as 12 hours after my last shot of H. Man those were the days! Suboxone used to be like a little pill in shining armor to me when I would start withdrawing. Now I’m scared to death to even take a crumb of it in case the H I last did had fent in it. I’m trying to get off H now. One of my dealers has nothing but H with fent in it. The other has just pure H, no fent in it. The problem I’m having is making the jump from highly potent fent cut H down to the regular H to then jump to the subs for a couple days to then be done with all this. It gets real expensive going from dope with fent in it down to regular dope to have enough to feel “normal” for at least a week before switching to subs. If that is an option for you I would get fent test strips and maybe if you can find someone that’s got H without the fent in it. Use the non fent H for about a week and then switch to subs. Back in November my car broke down and I was broke and jobless and I just had to keep doing cotton shots until the water was clear and just stayed in bed then switched to subs after I figured I’d basically just been shooting up water and felt sick enough. That worked for me then. Sadly I have a job now and don’t have enough PTO built up to take off and be able to stay in bed and be sick yet for more then my regular 2 days off. Good luck to ya. Hope you’re able to work something out that works.

So I've been gradually taking subs while still using and slowly increasing the dosage and lowering my usage. I only once did a little too much sub and not enough dope but it was very mild hard to call it full PWD. I now took a quarter sub and will wait out the night and see what happens in the morning