• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids fentanyl how quickly do you overdose after smoking fentanyl?

BrutalRollar

Bluelighter
juast wondering how fast do you overdose after smoking fentanyl?
like say you just finsihing smoking it, do you overdose seconds, minutes after initlally smoking it?

if you survive the first ten seconds is it safe to say your not gonna overdose?

unless you smoke more but that isnt my question?

some insight quickly will be most appreciate?

thank you bluelighters

My worst overdose ever was from smoking fentanyl. It happened as I was still exhaling. Inhalation reaches arterial blood, and thus the brain, faster than intravenous as it bypasses the venous system and right side of the heart.

That's not to say a buildup of drug blood plasma levels couldn't happen shortly after, I would doubt much longer than 10 minutes though as fentanyl has an incredibly short half-life. That is assuming no other drugs are involved and solely fentanyl.

Chronic use could slightly increase the possible time frame as well, as elimation half-life increases with repeated use.

People say that fent is a cold a short-lived high.. but I highly suspect the world has some fent going around that's modified to be super euphoric and long-lasting. I don't know if anyone can confirm this? I just think the game is evolving.

If you're paranoid about not breathing just drink two cups of strong coffee beforehand, it keeps you breathing

Just to clarify, if you consume enough opioids to overdose and stop breathing 2 cups of coffee aren't going to do anything. The only thing that would 100% make you breathe again is naloxone/naltrexone (possibly buprenorphine as well).

I think you're right and I never thought about this.

I can tell you based on experience:

Pure pharmaceutical Fentanyl is good for only three things: anesthesia, research, or oblivion (quoting myself from another post on another thread). The ROA is irrelevant! So as I said: you could very well be right!

It's good for ruining your entire life with one giant nod of a blur and saying "wait what happened?" I highly suspect that I'm right though. I don't know who is manufacturing it (people say China) but there will always be more and more powerful synthetic agents evolving and we're passed the point of just pretending people don't use opiates recreationally anymore. My country has announced so many heroic statements on the situation and continues to do... well basically nothing.

I wish I could tell people not to do fent. That wouldn't work anyway and also regarding "HR" at least with fent you know what your product is and can measure it. Heartbreaking to say that heroin is that unsafe.

Last edited:
Agreed. And you're right. My Fentanyl "obsession" or "fetish" (not a user i.e. just fascinates me and done the odd "test" here and there but of course of my own Fentanyl i.e. not some street shit) took me down another road just last week. Search these forums or the Internet for Ohmefentanyl (if you've not already heard of it) and ITS analogs. And yes: the only pharmacological data available for Ohmefentanyl actually originates from China so far as I can tell. Is that some huge coincidence? Nah. I don't think so.

Probably one of those look but don't touch scenarios. Never again for me--but I think it's overlooked how addictive analogues are. I was blown away by it and not in a good way. The sickness by the way transcends traditional painkillers by another level. It is beyond what most people could cope with. Inevitably not worth but people say that about every substance. It's probably pure misery.

We just lost our plug on this white chunky synth dope that easily had 30 hr legs if needed. Used daily for about a year n the plug died unexpectedly last month from a car wreck n now we have been tryin to stay outta the chills n yawns using like 10 fent presses daily. Everyone was so scared when I slammed 3 trying to get "there" n barely felt a slight change. Rly wish it wasnt so hard to ever find anything like what we had. Everyone called it "China white" but def wasnt the east coast white raw either... fuck my life nowadays, think my luck would be better on the Dweb?

We just lost our plug on this white chunky synth dope that easily had 30 hr legs if needed. Used daily for about a year n the plug died unexpectedly last month from a car wreck n now we have been tryin to stay outta the chills n yawns using like 10 fent presses daily. Everyone was so scared when I slammed 3 trying to get "there" n barely felt a slight change. Rly wish it wasnt so hard to ever find anything like what we had. Everyone called it "China white" but def wasnt the east coast white raw either... fuck my life nowadays, think my luck would be better on the Dweb?

I totally understand your situation. My source (luckily) depleted entirely. It was the only way I was able to escape. The good thing about fent is that the withdrawal does seem to pass sooner (physical side effects-wise). The depression is otherwordly. I simply have no answer for it besides lying in bed and waiting every second for it to pass :( Believe me when I say I feel for you.

Just to clarify, if you consume enough opioids to overdose and stop breathing 2 cups of coffee aren't going to do anything. The only thing that would 100% make you breathe again is naloxone/naltrexone (possibly buprenorphine as well).

Would something like Methamp or 60-100 mg of tweaky adderall/dex save your life?

raises HR and BP

Would something like Methamp or 60-100 mg of tweaky adderall/dex save your life?

raises HR and BP

For the sake of harm reduction I'd say no. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't help a serious overdose. If someone isn't breathing the right thing to do is to call the paramedics and/or give them naloxone/naltrexone (or buprenorphine if narcan isn't available).
In order to start breathing again you need to get rid of the opioid agonist that's binded to the mu receptors, the over-activation of this receptor is responsible for the respiratory depression caused by opioids. There may be some respiratory stimulants strong enough to force you to breathe despite the respiratory depression but I think this is very unreliable (and it probably wouldn't work with meth or cocaine in most cases).

If you are in a situation where you feel like you took too much and are about to OD, a strong stimulant may help you stay awake just a little longer in order to seek help. I've a couple of anecdotal reports about these kind of scenarios.
I wouldn't count on it to save your life.

Agreed. The issue with opioid overdoses is respiratory depression, without oxygen the heart continues to beat, but it's just perfusing the organs and tissues with blood void of oxygen. Increasing heart rate and blood pressure via stimulants will solve little to nothing, unless you're at some very specific, nuanced stage in the overdose spectrum. I definitely wouldn't bet my or someone's else's life on it, for sure.

Narcan (naloxone)/naltrexone/Suboxone (buprenorphine with naloxone), CPR with no chest compressions (unless the heart has stopped - no pulse - and then it's either 911 or death, naloxone or any alternatives won't help) and always 911 regardless are the only safe options.

Not really. I have had the worst luck on DW trying to get other dopes than we had here in chicago. Markets are shady to start, but with no account that has a large amount of good feekback and time, nobody will probably mess with you. You will be getting ripped of by FE's. They will tell you BTC is dropping and give the money now. Or they need the BTC up front to score the dope. You will hear all the stories. Never do it. You will get countless orders rejected also. Especially now during covid and nobody is really getting dope, its probably worse. Give it a shot, just never FE, and don't expect shit since you probably won't get it.

However weed and mushrooms had perfect luck always. Dope dealers are shady, especially on DW. Haven't been on there for a bit since can buy weed in the store now here. But now that you bring it up, may get some mushrooms. Been a bit.

Last edited:
Ive seen it happen like 15-30 mins after, it was a heroin fentanyl mix im pretty sure though

How would you know when to use narcan on yourself btw if you suspect an overdose?

Don't you wake up in a fit of unfathomable rage too lol?

How would you know when to use narcan on yourself btw if you suspect an overdose?

Don't you wake up in a fit of unfathomable rage too lol?
I guess if you are nodding a little harder than you want.

Every time I narcanned someone it wasnt to bad, its probably worse if you load them right up with tons of the stuff though

There's definitely no way to reliably do this. There may be some less severe overdoses on the spectrum an individual may get lucky with, and even then almost impossible to subjectively determine, but otherwise someone else is going to need to administer it. I suppose the one caveat would be, maybe if you see your lips and tongue turn blue and somehow aren't unconscious yet. Otherwise, it's going to be a guessing game that I can imagine people won't be too willing to continually do, as it's going to feel terrible to do it to yourself.

For the most part, someone who is fading out with shallow breathing wouldn't be realistic to Narcan themselves everytime they reach that stage, as it is this point some (or more?) opioid addicts strive to achieve. When I used opioids, everyone I knew, including myself, that was the ultimate goal.

It's when you have to fight the nodd that you know it's too late. Funny thing is exactly thé same happened to me with my bladder Yesterday. Couldn't fight the "nod" yiu know