• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

fentanyl (GENERICS)

sonic

Bluelight Crew
Ok, I just read in the forum guidelines that once the generic fentanyl patches are released then it will be ok to post about them. So I figured I'd ask you experts a few questions. I already posted a thread in drug basics:
(http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=187674&r=10)

but I wanted to draw the attention of all the opiate experts in this forum. I probably should have posted here originally. I'll try not to make this a cross thread the best I can. Close this thread if you feel it's necessary, but I'm really trying to get as much info as I can on these new patches since they're so new and not very much is known about them yet. If this thread is closed feel free to post in my drug basics thread ;).

Has anyone tried the new mylan solid patches? I recently acquired one and I have no prior experience with fentanyl. Can these patches be cut in half or in quarters and still work effectively? I have heard rumors that they can, but I don't know anyone who's tried it yet.

Is it safe to assume that the fentanyl is distributed evenly throughout these patches? I'm considering cutting this patch into very small pieces and eating a tiny bit at a time. Does this seem like a reasonable idea if done carefully and responsibly?

I've done the math and with my low opiate tolerance I'm thinking .15mg is a good starting dose for me to try.

Would these solid patches be ok to store after they have been cut up?

seriously now....

i don't like the taste of the patch adhesive but orally it works well.. seeing as there is a release date on the fentanyl suckers... heh.. if only we all could walk down to the corner store and buy those..

i've heard of them leaking..

Damn, no one seems to know much about these yet. I guess that's because they've only been out for 4 days.

Would you mind posting a picture so I could see what these look like compared to the brand name?

Do you want a pic of the packaging or the patch itself? If you want me to take a picture of the patch itself I can't do that until I plan on taking it which probably won't be till next Friday.

The package and the patch preferabely. :)

I don't get how you could cut it into seperate peices though. If you cut the patch it would expose the insides to air which isn't good at all.

good timing. i just cut my patch into quarters and chewed on one quarter of it. first time with fentanyl and im extremely impressed.

MagicHours said:
good timing. i just cut my patch into quarters and chewed on one quarter of it. first time with fentanyl and im extremely impressed.

What brand of patch was it (Duragesic, Mylan, or the other brand that I can't remember)? What kind of opiate tolerance do you have? How did you preserve the other 3 quarters of the patch?

Does anyone think my idea of vaccum sealing the remaining part of the patch while it's inside it's opened original packaging would work well for preserving it?

cut a mylan 100 ug patch in half and it worked well.:)

What did you do with the other half of the patch? I'm really interested on how to properly store a cut up patch.

I don't know about the Mylan patches, but I have quite a bit of experience vaporizing the duragesic patches. I generally would just cut a corner and squeeze a match head size drop on to aluminum foil. You can work up from there...

Christ, I've been reading threads of people dying from wearing 75mcg/hr patches. It's really giving me second thoughts about trying it since I'm non-tolerant. I still don't want to waste this patch though.

Is it reasonably safe for me to wear a cut up patch that releases 12.5mcg/hr. I weigh 180lbs and I have no real opiate tolerance. Should I start lower to be safe even though it might not even get me high? I can try like 6.25mcg/hr or something.

I don't believe cutting and wearing the patch will work. Unless these new patches are significantly different than the name brands, once to cut you can not wear. I honestly believe the safest method of consumption is to smoke the gel inside the patch by vaporizing. Eating the gel would be second but is a little more dangerous because it takes a bit to hit you. I would probably even start smaller than a match head if smoking........

you can always do more....

^^

LinZ-E said:
cut a mylan 100 ug patch in half and it worked well.:)

The mylan patches ARE significantly different than duragesics. It's a solid patch. I've done a fair amount of research on it even though I haven't opened the package yet. It doesn't have gel in it. I dont know how I could go about smoking it without inhaling the plastic or whatever adhesive material is used on it. Since I can't get gel out of it my opinions are either to wear it or eat it and I think wearing is the safer option.

Definitely wear it. DO NOT attempt to cut it up and then decide to wear it...it's an either/or proposition. And if you're non-tolerant, I'd try to find a weaker patch (25 mcg/hr)- I'd definitely not start out w/ the 100 mcg/hr ones...esp. if you consider yourself to be "non-tolerant"...:\

^^ Are you familiar with these brand new MYLAN SOLID fentanyl patches or are you giving me advice as if I were talking about a duragesic gel patch?

Interesting, I look forward to hearing about your experience with this new little treasure! Cheers...

^^Actually, Paradoxcycle, those are the Estradiol (female hormone) patches (also made by Mylan, though).
The fentanyl patches look completely different (they're dark, rectangular patches, w/ the strength imprinted on them in white) although, I'm quite sure that the application process is the same...;)

Last edited:
sonic, the other part of the patch i just sealed up airtight in a ziplock bag. its the best i could think of. It was a duragesic i believe. sorry for the late response.

About my tolerance. I have no significant tolerance, cuz i dont use very often, but all the opiates i have used are hydrocodone, codeine, morphine, heroin, and now fentanyl.

Another note: i was very sick the next morning. I think i took to much (no shit).