• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

fentanyl (GENERICS)

Oh and i forgot to say that this is the dose given for i.v. so i would imagine you would be ok eating it or chasing it.

i just cut the patch in half (usually a 100 mcg patch) and eat about 3/4 the gel and then rub the remaining 1/4 on the veins on my wrist till its absorbed..i am opiate tolerant tho...i wrap the other half of the patch in tinfoil to store it and put it in a dark cool area.

I was asking about the generic SOLID (no gel inside) form of the patch made by Mylan. I guess not many people have tried them yet. Could I let it soak in something to get the fentanyl out? Should I chew on it for a while? I searched and found nothing. Any info would be helpful.

when i want to extract the fentanyl for IV administration i let a piece of the pact soak in ethanol and then mix with saline and inject.. however this is for safe shooting, if you want to avoid the ethanol you could just let it soak in lemon juice and then put a few drops under your tongue or add to a drink. (lemon because of the low PH, you can also use coca cola or whatever)

if you totally shred it to pieces, a few hours maybe. but if you put in a big piece, i guess a day or something.
if you want to take it right now i suggest you just cut off a piece wich matches your tolerance and just chew on it and put it under your tongue for 5 min and chew again etc. etc. for about an hour. you should feel it pretty strong. i use the chewing method all the time.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but I just have one more question. Do these patches lose potency once the package is opened? Thank you Navel

i've heard they do.. but if you cut them in 1/2 or 1/4 you could keep the rest free of air, and you should be able to save them for quite some time. and don't be afraid to ask, you've got to get the most out of those wonderfull patches ;)

Hopeless666 said:
I was asking about the generic SOLID (no gel inside) form of the patch made by Mylan. I guess not many people have tried them yet. Could I let it soak in something to get the fentanyl out? Should I chew on it for a while? I searched and found nothing. Any info would be helpful.

It's true. I had to start this thread because I found almost nothing online about these new patches. It's interesting how most people automatically assume we're talking about the duragesic patch and they give advice about what to do with the gel. I appreciate the fact that people are attempting to help, but I could find out anything I wanted to know about duragesics without having to ask.

I would like to try smoking the remaining portion of my patch, but I don't think there's a reasonable way to do it without inhaling plastic.

s0nic said:
I would like to try smoking the remaining portion of my patch, but I don't think there's a reasonable way to do it without inhaling plastic.

How about soaking it in iso alcohol, then resoaking to get the last bits of extra, then evaporate the alcohol, and you're left with gel. Though i dont know how good the gel itself would hold up exposed to air.....then again i would think that while it sits in the iso alch, evaporating, it would be protected, and when all the alc has finally evaporated, you immediately wrap it in foil and put it in the fridge.

That might work. What do you think would evaporate faster/cleaner iso alcohol or lemon juice? Are you sure that after it evaporates I will be left with gel?

the alcohol ofcourse, and no it won't leave you with gel.. the best thing to do is just let the solvent evaporate for about 90% and then ingest the other 10%

^ In that case I'd be better off ingesting a small piece of the patch.

im on it now 75mcgs + Xyrem for sleep. They are okay, but keep falling starting to peel (how am i gonna take a shower?) and they make me so dry mouth and everywhere!

i just retaped it, on on my 2nd day. didint sleep too well either.

tcluna said:
im on it now 75mcgs + Xyrem for sleep. They are okay, but keep falling starting to peel (how am i gonna take a shower?) and they make me so dry mouth and everywhere!

i just retaped it, on on my 2nd day. didint sleep too well either.

Damn, based on what you just typed you seem pretty fucked up. Do you have any kind of a tolerance?

What brand of fentanyl do you have?

i get some drymouth when i take opiates. Then again, i dont hydrate myself enough while sober, so it probably is just that carrying over into the experience, i dunno though, dose anyone else get drymouth?

dry mouth is a common side effect.. i experience it every time. I don't know why it happens though.. if you really want to know you should do some research and post the answer here and develop a "how to abuse opiates without the dehydration FAQ" ;)

I know tramadol is diuretic, would it be an effect you get of all opioids?