• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Gel taken orally having no effect. What's the deal?

OpiLuvvr

Greenlighter
Hello, brand new Bluelight poster, but an avid reader of your wonderful forums.
My friend is trying to help me with pain reduction at the moment. I have a very high opiate tolerance (ex: zero effect from Morphine, can easily take 200mg+ Hydrocodone daily and not think twice). I will not inject anything. Ever. No experience with fentanyl. So...
Friend has Fentanyl patch (the one with gel in it). I believe it's the 100 you leave on for 72hrs. I have no experience with Fent, and my friend is obviously wanting me to err on the side of caution. So far, I've taken about three droplets of the gel over two hours, orally on my tongue. Last dose about an hour ago. No effect on me. Is this normal? My friend says I'm possibly "high and don't know it," but being an avid opiate user I feel like I should know I've taken something. But I've had no pain relief, no buzz, nothing. I'm about to just give up on the Fent.
So my main question is, am I doing it wrong/not enough? Is it normal to have nothing happen? What's going on here? Don't want to risk doing anything stupid.
Would it be ok to just say screw this and take some Lortab at this point, if I'm feeling nothing?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Also...

Three hours later, still nothing. Am I safe to take some Lortabs or could this Fent actually be in my system without my noticing a thing and Lortabs cause a bad reaction or their effects be more potent than usual?

3 drops of that gel orally isn't going to do anything.

Best bet is to wear it. Gel patches are sh*t orally

Or stick to what you know.

Edit: particularly with your tolerance, you could easily wear a 100mcg per hour patch. Let me just add I gave that advice to you based on your opiate tolerance. If someone with no tolerance is reading this for advice, do NOT wear a 100 mcg patch with no tolerance.

Just had to add that for HR sake

Last edited:
Thanks

I think I'll just stick to what I know. Wouldn't want to wear it, I'm an oral person, and there's too many ifs with trying to make it work orally. Definitely not worth dying over, and seeming like too much of a headache to get what I want out of it.
Thanks much for the advice!

Obviously your tolerance adds some safety, but screwing around with fent is incredibly dangerous, regardless of tolerance. If anything just wear it as a patch if your sick or something one day, otherwise, don't try any other methods of administration.
And also for HR's sake*** - really hope you're Cold Water Extracting those hydro's since 200mg from most ALL brands of hydrocodone pills brings with it thousands of milligrams of APAP/acetaminophen (tylenol) that can be very damaging.
Good luck!

You can't just swallow the shit either. If using Fent, just wear or smoke it if it is gel. You can try sublingually but even that is hard to get it to work. But if you are just swallowing the gel, you're not going to get much in the way of bioavailability.

I try to keep Tabs to a max of ten 10-325's, so I don't go over the daily max of acetaminophen. Any tips for easy extraction for a newbie? I've never done an extraction, but have had interest.

Last edited:
Oh, and would wearing gel straight on me off like a bandaid work? How much do you recommend starting with? Thanks

Last edited:
So are u trying to get high or stay well? If you stick it under your tongue, it will work to get you high..wearing it as indicated takes away the pain and brings on lethargy.....I've taken patches I've worn and stored in airtight container in frig.....just for the heck of it I stuck a used patch under my tongue, as the adhesive contains the fentanyl, and got a nice little buzz.....hey, I'm an addict and will always enjoy the occasional buzz. The gel I am not as familiar with but I assume it would work the same way melted under your tongue....can't be sure....

"can easily take 200mg+ Hydrocodone daily and not think twice.."

unless you are getting Zohydro or doing a CWE, that's at least 7g of apap (10/325 x 20), which your liver will be thinking twice about.

Also, fent is crap. Really. the high or nod is short lived and it blows tolerances to lesser opiates.

If you're doing it orally, you have to keep it in your mouth, under your tongue, the way you'd use an Actiq lollipop. Fent is destroyed by stomach acid so any swallowed before it absorbs is gone.

and yess! screw fent and take the lortab.

btw, if you are tempted to IV, dont bother. Aside from the fact that most everyone here at BL will (rightly) say it's a horrible idea, tolerance goes to the moon.

"can easily take 200mg+ Hydrocodone daily and not think twice.."

unless you are getting Zohydro or doing a CWE, that's at least 7g of apap (10/325 x 20), which your liver will be thinking twice about.

I should have said COULD easily take that much, not can, as I really don't. At least that's not the norm for me, maybe once in a blue moon it's happened because I wasn't keeping up. I was just trying to stress how high my opiate tolerance is.

I did say screw the Fent, though. It's just too much trouble. At this point I don't know why anyone bothers with it.

And I would never, ever, ever IV anything. Nor do I condone that for anyone.

Thank you all again for your help! Xxoo