• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl and alcohol use.

SkyeWaters

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm new here and not sure exactly how this site should be used so I'm sorry in advanced for any issues with my post. So recently I've had access to fentanyl transdermal patches 50mg/hour. At first I tried one and noticed no effect after an hour so I went to sleep however I woke up and felt nauseous. I took the patch off and then threw up the whole day and felt like I had a migraine and everything was too bright. The next day I had recovered. Also I must state I've never tried them before or had any tolerance built towards opioids and I had slept for 7 hours or so. Also I had cut a corner off of the patch and ingested it. moving on, the next time I tried the patches I used 5 with two cut in half and placed all around my torso, this was a month after the one patch use give or take, this time I felt a very and I mean very slight buzz within the hour but I went to sleep again ( also I don't think it's the fentanyl making me tired as I took them two hours before I usually go sleep but I can't be certain ) . Consequently I was sick for two days and still felt bad on the third but I had recovered after that, I had took the patches off after 8 hours. I've messed around more after that, a month after I tried two to chew and boiled two in a tea and for 5 minutes and drank it, as per usual I just slept and threw up for the next day or two. It's now been a couple months since I've touched a patch. I have 7 saved and I was thinking of sticking them all on me and drinking vodka or something of similar strength, now to be clear I don't want to die, I'm not suicidal. I want to feel the buzz and I've read that fentanyl isn't exactly that great for a buzz but it's all I have access too besides alcohol, now I'm not knowledgeable on drugs and interactions that they have with other drugs, however I read in short that alcohol enhances fentanyl's effects. Now I'm either being bold in assuming I have some natural tolerance to fentanyl somehow and that's why I can shake it off or it's that the maximum time I've had patches on is 8 hours, what I want to know is in detail how dangerous is alcohol with fentanyl patches ( these patches are not prescribed to me and I'm aware I shouldn't be taking them) in detail for someone like me. Again I don't want to die I just want to feel something but it feels like I just take it before sleep and then wake up sick.

TLDR: is alcohol with 7 fentanyl transdermal patches going to provide a buzz to someone with no known tolerance? Used patches before but was only sick for a couple of days. How risky is this to my life? I feel like the risk is low as I've not died after having 50/mg patches on for max 8 hours. I'm not suicidal I just want to feel a buzz. Thanks for any replies

TLDR: is alcohol with 7 fentanyl transdermal patches going to provide a buzz to someone with no known tolerance? Used patches before but was only sick for a couple of days. How risky is this to my life? I feel like the risk is low as I've not died after having 50/mg patches on for max 8 hours. I'm not suicidal I just want to feel a buzz.

Come on man, what's the point of asking something like this when you already know it's a stupid idea?

That amount of fentanyl without known tolerance is stupid. Adding alcohol into the mix is even more stupid. You know you're risking your life if you decide to do that, otherwise you wouldn't be asking that specifically.

Come on man, what's the point of asking something like this when you already know it's a stupid idea?

That amount of fentanyl without known tolerance is stupid. Adding alcohol into the mix is even more stupid. You know you're risking your life if you decide to do that, otherwise you wouldn't be asking that specifically.
I'm aware that I'm risking my life, however I want to know how big of a risk it is. There are many mixed answers on the topic of patches and I just want a clear understanding of what I'm getting myself into. Telling Me it's a stupid idea or any other opinions you have on the subject won't sway me. I want to know accurate information about fentanyl patches. Does using multiple make that much of a difference? Is wearing them more safe than chewing them? Will alcohol cause an immediate effect? If you was to give an estimate what are my chances of just bring sick again? Does taking them off after 8 hours really save me or is it just stopping me from getting a buzz and I should just keep them on for longer. I just want simple factual information about abusing fentanyl patches (non gel) with alcohol while avoiding death. I don't know if alcohol has a dramatic enhancement and I've seen people saying cutting them is safe but what's the point of that when I've worn multiple patches for hours with throwing up for a day and being sleepy being the only "danger" I've experienced. I'm doubting that this drug is as bad as people make it out to be (at least in my case) as multiple tests have shown I'm perfectly healthy and fine to this day. So how can I enhance the effects of the patch while still being safe, I've heard of checking but I haven't found accurate information on the method and I can never get it to stick to the inside of my cheek. If you don't know any accurate information on this topic then that's ok but advice would be appreciated however if you're going to insist that this is a bad idea then I'll have to let you know in advance I won't believe you or be swayed as I've seen for my own eyes I'm still alive and healthy after multiple uses with the drug. Good day :)

TLDR: is alcohol with 7 fentanyl transdermal patches going to provide a buzz to someone with no known tolerance? Used patches before but was only sick for a couple of days. How risky is this to my life? I feel like the risk is low as I've not died after having 50/mg patches on for max 8 hours. I'm not suicidal I just want to feel a buzz. Thanks for any replies
In short, you could go to sleep and never wake up if you mix fentanyl and alcohol with no tolerance to opioids.

You’re stating that after using the patches you’re throwing up for days. This is the effects that fentanyl is having on your system. It is an overdose reaction and you are in dangerous territory here. Please stop using these patches. Fentanyl is a shit drug, it offers no euphoria and as you’ve learnt it brings nothing but vomiting and high danger of death. How is that worth it?

You’re much better having a few shots of the vodka and getting a buzz off the alcohol. Seriously.

Fentanyl and alcohol is a deadly mix for seasoned users.

Please put your life first and throw those patches away. They really are useless.

I've worn multiple patches for hours with throwing up for a day and being sleepy being the only "danger" I've experienced. I'm doubting that this drug is as bad as people make it out to be (at least in my case) as multiple tests have shown I'm perfectly healthy and fine to this day
You are experiencing the patch, the effect it’s having, the vomiting and sleeping is what it does. That’s it. You’re getting the experience. Fentanyl really is a shit drug, especially to users that use the patches.

It’s also shit for you because you have no tolerance to opioids. So of course you’re going to be nauseous and be sick.

Honestly, if you mix those patches and alcohol you’re going to risk vomiting in your sleep and aspirating on your own vomit. That is a real risk.

I am being honest when I say there’s no way to get anything else out of those patches.

If fentanyl makes you sick the only thing alcohol might do is kill you. It's not going to bring out or enhance the high of fentanyl.

And honestly fentanyl and alcohol were directly related in my last overdose.

Overdose is something you don't expect to happen and is always a result of biting off more than you can chew to get as high as possible.

Please be safe and I highly discourage combining alcohol with fentanyl.

Yeah I think you got that backwards. You don't have a natural tolerance, you got sick because you took too much fentanyl !
Patches usually take a long time to kick-in and they deliver the dose gradually, that's why you didn't feel much after one hour.

What you're doing is really risky, specially since you're opioid naive. Taking many patches at once, trying to defeat their delivery mechanism, going to sleep with the patches on without knowing the dose you're about to take... You could die in your sleep, either by asphyxiation or by traditional respiratory depression, please be careful and for sure don't add alcohol to the mix.

Also just to reaffirm every time I've done something like fentanyl with no opioid tolerance the experience is very unpleasant and mostly nausea and dizziness.

Fentanyl in itself is not a very euphoric drug relative to something like oxy or heroin.

Alcohol and some percocet is one thing... fent is obviously going to send you into the far reaching point (with alcohol) of potentially dying. You could take one more puff and boom. Especially if you're intoxicated and the fent feels real good.

If you continue to do this you just can't see yourself as a victim. I'm probably reacting strongly because of how dangerous these drug interactions are.

What is the benefit of being on both fent and alcohol? Do you you even feel any of the fent at that point?

Many have died on benzos and oxy/percocet/etc... but fent is just something no one should combine with booze unless they have insane tolerance to preferably both... and in chronic pain desperation and already an alchy.