• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Fentanyl 100mcg/hr transdermal patch...now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I am new to this site, just registered 5 minutes ago. Though, I have browsed these forums for years and have gained much knowledge and am so thankful for that. I have a question about these Fent Patches and dosage.
I am a chronic pain patient, for 8 years now I've been on opiates. Besides needing them for actual pain management I also use them recreationally, probably more than for actual pain. My current RX is for 180 oxy IR 30mg tabs per month, 6 per day. On most days I can easily consume 4-5 at a time, 3-4 times a day. Usually I take 12-18 pills a day, depending on my pain or need for getting high. So that is about 400mg a day in 120mg intervals. I have just acquired a few 50mg Fent Patch's. I have worn them as prescribed in the past and they do work for pain, but not so much for getting high, I think that's because of my tolerance. So if I wanted to use one of these patches to feel an instant; or pretty quick high, what would be the best way Based on my current tolerance? I have read many articles about these patches and to be honest, I am scared to use it recreationally because of all the warnings, but I fear I am going to do so anyway because at my current tolerance level I simply cannot afford to buy oxys anymore when my script runs out. Do you guys think that one 50mg Fent Patch used on the side of my gums is way too much for me? Cut it in 8 pieces perhaps? I hope there is someone out there with a similar tolerance level that can give me a pretty straight forward answer on how much to use for my first time, keeping my incredibly high opiate tolerance in mind. Thanks in advance fellow BlueLighters!

This stuff has been covered a lot. It's easy to find when typing "fentanyl and bluelight" into google. It will give a good list of all the threads. Anyways, I will give you my 2 cents anyways:

Not taking into consideration the OD factor, fentanyl patches are wasted - essentially - when you abuse them. I'm on the 50mcg/hr patches as well. If I cut it into 8ths and put one on my gums, I get a little bit high for a few hours, but fentnayl is really short acting and it really defeats the purpose. You end up having to toss the patch even when there is still a ton of fent in them. It also takes a little practice to get it in right. You WILL end up wasting a lot and running out early.

I'm not exactly naive but so much slang even from different countries so...

what exactly do you mean when you say "railing?" what does it mean to "rail" something?

Thank you in advance.

Railing or to rail something means to crush it in to fine powder and snort a line(s) of it through a tooter/rolled bill or paper/straw. A hot rail is to snort the vapor/smoke.

This stuff has been covered a lot. It's easy to find when typing "fentanyl and bluelight" into google. It will give a good list of all the threads. Anyways, I will give you my 2 cents anyways:

Not taking into consideration the OD factor, fentanyl patches are wasted - essentially - when you abuse them. I'm on the 50mcg/hr patches as well. If I cut it into 8ths and put one on my gums, I get a little bit high for a few hours, but fentnayl is really short acting and it really defeats the purpose. You end up having to toss the patch even when there is still a ton of fent in them. It also takes a little practice to get it in right. You WILL end up wasting a lot and running out early.

Aloy of people like me don't have a steady script and aren't worried about running out early just want to get the best euphoria we can with what we gave at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.