• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Feeling Poppy Pods after Suboxone??

Screaming_Skull

Bluelighter
Hey, so I have been craving an opiate buzz besides,ughh, Suboxone very bad lately. Kinda spur of the moment but I ordered a pound of Mammoth Pods(it's been dry as hell in my area due to a doctor or two going away and all thats available really are Norco's or a few Percocets, and I always found a strong glass of tea or just eating the ground up powder to be stronger than both hydro or oxy , plust no needles can be used with this such as Roxi's so that's a plus) I can achieve a buzz off of both hydrocodones or just percocets if I don't take my Subs for a few days, so I figured a couple of handfulls of these would get me to where I want to be...hopefully there not shit. ANYWAY to my main question, what is the half-life of Pods? I use to use them alot, and found them to be my favorite opiate and would usually feel them all day while using daily, and while I wasn't using daily I would feel them until the next day. So what is the half-life, or a guestimation of the half-life?? Asking because when I start my Subs again I do not wanna go into Precipitated W/d from them. Thank you

If you're on suboxone and you wanna cheat...You might as well just go straight to shooting dope. Otherwise I really don't think its worth it. Any other oral buzz isn't going to be all that much better than a suboxone buzz. Just my personal opinion...

Btw, you don't have to wait "a few days" to feel other opiates. You only gotta wait about 24hrs (unless you're on a high dose)

I think that poppy pod preparations can certainly be potent enough to surpass the euphoric effect of buprenorphine, so I disagree with siq's comment that you ought to just shoot dope if you want a good opiate high aside from buprenorphine. I would stress being careful with dosing, but if you have a good deal of experience with poppy pods in the past, you already know this, because one brew might have a hell of a lot more opiates in it than another brew, because the opium content in the poppies can vary quite greatly. They have the added danger of not peaking as quickly as other opiates might, so as to lead to unnecessary and dangerous re-dosing. As for the half-life, I really have no clue as to how I could say. Frankly, the main effect should be from the morphine, however oral morphine does not linger in its effects nearly as long as poppy pods do, and for this reason, I have never quite understood poppy pods, nor have I had the chance to drink their tea or use their opium otherwise. I don't doubt their potency, however, based on all reports I have ever heard or read, nor do I doubt they really last as long as they are said to. I just don't quite, logically, understand the reason why.

I think that poppy pod preparations can certainly be potent enough to surpass the euphoric effect of buprenorphine, so I disagree with siq's comment that you ought to just shoot dope if you want a good opiate high aside from buprenorphine. I would stress being careful with dosing, but if you have a good deal of experience with poppy pods in the past, you already know this, because one brew might have a hell of a lot more opiates in it than another brew, because the opium content in the poppies can vary quite greatly. They have the added danger of not peaking as quickly as other opiates might, so as to lead to unnecessary and dangerous re-dosing. As for the half-life, I really have no clue as to how I could say. Frankly, the main effect should be from the morphine, however oral morphine does not linger in its effects nearly as long as poppy pods do, and for this reason, I have never quite understood poppy pods, nor have I had the chance to drink their tea or use their opium otherwise. I don't doubt their potency, however, based on all reports I have ever heard or read, nor do I doubt they really last as long as they are said to. I just don't quite, logically, understand the reason why.

I agree completely. Pods can provide a VERY significant and completely unexpected degree of euphoria - particularly for relatively new users who don't expect much from a quasi-legal brown floral arrangement. Dpeneding on the strength, it can absolutely be just as strong or stronger than a decent dose of some of the stronger opioids.

While it's true that morphine makes up most of the alkaloid content in pods, one reason why they last longer than pure morphine is because as a natural product, there are actually HUNDREDS of different alkaloids present - albeit mostly in tiny amounts. Nevertheless, they seem to combine in a synergistic way to produce a whole that is much greater than the sum of its parts. When you drink tea, you're consuming MANY opiates - possibly even trace amounts of some that haven't yet been exactly identified or synthesized in the lab. Incidentally, this is also the reason why a true strong pod tea can be one huge bugger to quit. Once you get addicted, you're hooked on at least a handful of psychoactive opiates, all of which carry slightly differing pharmacological profiles and effects - mostly because of their varying receptor binding affinities and how strongly they activate them (as well as overall dose of course). I also suspect that the method of ingestion is at least partly responsible for it's unique effects (at least in relation to morphine). When you take a pill, it dissolves in your stomach and enters solution at a relatively uniform temperature and amount of time. Poppy tea being a usually warm liquid, doesn't need as much time to pass into the small intestine and rapidly start to produce effects. It's also usually consimed quickly while warm to hot. Heat will affect onset, especially on an empty stomach. Heat is energy which translates to motion, but more importantly it dilates your blood vessels so more of the drug is able to seep into the bloostream at once, and at a greater rate.

Such a difference in uptake time and eventual blood concentration is sure to affect the overall time it takes to fully metabolize and produce other effects in the body. So while pod tea can often be described as morphine-like in terms of overall feeling, there's really a lot more biochemistry occuring than meets the eye.

When you withdrawal from morphine, you're withdrawing from morphine alone - not an entire chemical factory.

Last edited:
A point I never considered until now. Opiates that self-synergize - that is a neat idea, and I suppose it is possible the natural product has evolved to be more than just morphine, despite morphine's obvious influence.

I have been doing opiates over 10yrs now, all types. Why have I never heard about these poppy pods? Or this opiate tea or whatever the fuck it is... I mean, should I know about this shit? lol

^

They're way more expensive and harder to get nowadays. Back in the ebay days, shit was hella cheap and good. Then the Arizona pods were the shit. But anyways, pod tea was my DOC for six or seven years. I loved how long the high lasted and how it felt. It was a very well rounded, natural feeling opiate buzz. But that shit put me in debt and the wd was horrific. Now I'm on subutex which has made my life much easier.

Yes, I've had two habbits with the pods, one when they were on ebay and super cheap where you could maintain a habbit(and get high)off of a very cheap amount a day and the arizona farm were still around...another habbit when they were expensive and harder to fine and cost the same amount as pills, at the time while using everyday I was mostly maintaining ang gettling a slight buzz off them because of the price, but on special occasions I would take more than that amount and get goin good...Well I gotta pound so I think I have enough to play around with,lol, was going to get two, but damn, prices really have gone up!!! Can't discuss them but damn, it's really the same as buying percocets or norcos now, which is sad. I'm worried about the half-life because A) I do not want to put my myself in precipitated w/d, I don't plan on these to last long because honestly I just got them to get BUZZED on for a few days, well more than buzzed. B) I have a drug test at my Sub doc on the 30th of this month which I might already fail because I've had 120mg of Valium the past 2days, and I usually avoid Valium like the plauge because of the half life, which is why I'm interested in the Poppy/Pod/Seed half life. Today is going to be my first day without Sub, took 4mg yesterday, usually take eight milligrams a day and have some Gabapentin(1800mg for today & 2morro) to get me through today and tomorow, plus, I figured I would still have some leftover Sub in me for a day or two before W/ds started..What I'm worried about is the HALF LIFE of the Pods. I might get a few percocets for an extra kick with them(or norcos). This feels better than getting 10 roxis that would be gone in two days(well day and a half) while paying the same price anyway. Those are just way overpriced now...

I'm curious how it goes. The half life of pods is pretty long I'm guessing, as is bupe. Just wait till you feel wd.

I'd be concerned about the sub clinic and pissing dirty. I failed a few times early on in my treatment. Have you failed the test before? Also, do you think it's worth it? Like, will you feel the pods?

Did you tell your sub doc you were addicted to pod tea? Mine hadn't really heard of it. I still feel it's my all around fav opiate, my number one doc. Luckily, I'm not a slave to it anymore.

Pods/seeds are something I never got around to experimenting with. Which would you guys say is better for effects - pods or seeds? Are there still quality sources online for the better of the two?