• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Feeling 'E' all the time is possible?...

The_Great_Refusal

Bluelighter
I was surfing the net for new mdma writings..i came accross a paragraph that is very exciting in terms of potential...In summary, its saying if the government allowed more research from day one, we could have an altered version of mdma, that you could take everyday without the side effects...

"altering the density and signal-transduction efficiencies of the mission-critical receptor subtypes [5-HT1B(?), 5-HT2A(?), dopamine D2(?)], could, ideally, deliver sustained ecstasy without emotional burnout. Such receptor re-regulation might involve a time-lag of one-to-three weeks, as is normal with conventional "antidepressants". Delayed-onset magic, if achievable, would offer an immense social and therapeutic advantage. This is not just because the magic should be sustainable without limit, but because postponing the onset of drug-induced reward minimises a medicine's "abuse-potential" without compromising its efficacy. The practice of tobacco-smoking, for instance, is so addictive not because of the surpassing joys of inhaling a cigarette, but because a tobacco abuser need wait only seven seconds or so between taking a puff and the miniscule hit. The reward from oral MDMA takes somewhat longer; but the delight of E-like consciousness needs to be divorced from its intimate association with pill-popping." - mdma.net

Does anyone have their own views about this?

i know no-one is replying cos u would rather just get munted on the weekend... but just imagine how good the world could be for a second? anyone? lol *gos back to cave*

The_Great_Refusal said:
i know no-one is replying cos u would rather just get munted on the weekend... but just imagine how good the world could be for a second? anyone? lol *gos back to cave*

Believe me i would be more then happy for this to happen 24/7, But i think they should just install a chip in our head with a peak dial that gets attached to the back of our heads going from 1 - 10!

1 been a mild threshold peak for instances like going to work or doing important things and 10 been the highest of peaks =D

In all seriousness though i would like to see more hard data refering to those writings that they claim to be effective.

im not claiming anything to be currently effective. But we have to accept that in this century, this and alot more will be availble. - (my lecturer told me so :p)

personally id rather live life the hard way heh
with the odd drug bender thrown in for good measure of course :D

could you imagine how annoying people would be if they were peaking constantly??
constantly stating how great everything is, i would imagine id be forced to take an axe to someone whos peaking 24/7

DeSpise said:
personally id rather live life the hard way heh
with the odd drug bender thrown in for good measure of course :D

could you imagine how annoying people would be if they were peaking constantly??
constantly stating how great everything is, i would imagine id be forced to take an axe to someone whos peaking 24/7

Would you feel the same way if you were peaking aswell ? That's what the dial would be for so you could turn down the intensity of loud dickeads that are peaking ;)=D

I remember watching this doco on the telly and it was a small community in the U.K. who had a hole drilled into the middle of their foreheads!!??, which makes them feel "serene" permanantly (sp?), it was an acient practice of some sort. Very interesting, it took the whole new age hippies movement to a new meaning. It showed them laughing, singing etc, nuts I tell you!.

edit: sorry if a lil off-topic, just seemed to fit into this post :)

ld50 vs ssri said:
Would you feel the same way if you were peaking aswell ? That's what the dial would be for so you could turn down the intensity of loud dickeads that are peaking ;)=D

heh call me crazy but i dont think i would really wanna be peaking 24/7 ;)
how would you sleep or eat? or work? id just end up huddled in a ball on the street, sleep deprived, broke and starving to death... and loving it ... lol

the dial of course solves this problem as you could turn it down but i dont see that happening in my lifetime, or perhaps ever! actually, id just jam the dial on 10 i think, resulting in the above scenario!

i suppose this theoretical drug would answer the question if losing the magic is psychological or physical. i have the opinion that even if your brain was physically able to peak 24/7, you would still get bored of it.

and i wonder how long it will take to wear off ... if it takes 3 weeks to kick in... ever had a bad E experience??? imagine that going on for 3 weeks *shudder* that would shatter me for life i think...

this may sound freaky and a lie, but one of my lecturers at rmit, has a machine hooked up to a computer that is connected to your temples and frontal lobe.....he can increase his endorphins... he also induced halucinations. Side effect free highness. If its possible with a machine, there is no reason that one day it wont be possible with drugs.

^sounds like biofeedback training. There's heaps of options for training yourself to have drug-free peaks - but they are hard work! A friend once told me that she had a limited relationship with her father because he meditated 8 hours a day!! If only he had cultivated a serious smack habit - he would have had heaps more spare time ;)

I have experimented a fair bit with some of this stuff - the easiest one is dance like a muthafucka for a few hours; you WILL start to rush. Also worth trying is the "firebreath" orgasm - I think you can track that down via Annie Sprinkle - definitely works. I have been doing tai chi for about 4 years now and can sometimes get a cascade of energy sensation when performing the "jade rabbit" - I aslo sometimes get this when I hear certain choons (ecstasy flashback?)

Wow...the above post is actually really interesting...

If I've had a mean night and a couple of days later I track down a song I can remember from when I was peaking that I really enjoyed, I am SURE it kicks me back in again if just for a little while. To be honest I thought it was psychosomatic, but then you speak of dancing giving you a weird rush...

This too happens to me...my friends often comment that I look whacked when I'm not in the slightest...just last weekend I went out and had a shot of absinthe and 3 charge pills at the start of the night - bout 11 o clock(charge pills contain only BZP and do not cause pupil dilation at all). After dancing hard all night I noticed that by around 5 o clock my pupils were massively dilated in even direct bright light. I even heard a couple of comments while I was looking at them in the mirror along the lines of "lol, look at that twisted mother fucker".

WTF to that! (good times though)

meditation

Ayjay I'll be able to comment more on meditation soon, I'm actually in Thailand currently waiting for a bus to take me to a Monk's temple where I'm spending the next month practicing.

I dont know, taking ecstasy is on 2 week intervals for me its appealing because my nites always have the extra spark. If I was taking pills 24/7 even though my recovery would be better etc, I would lose the novelty of taking pills.

I think after a while you would get bored if you were able to do it all the time and recover very quickly.

I am totally for the government pouring money into illicit drug research and development, hehehe if that makes any sense!

The_Great_Refusal, welcome to the great entanglement of websites that revolves around The Hedonistic Imperative.

If you have an interest in Utopian Pharmacology, I strongly urge you to read up at http://www.hedweb.com.

Do I have my own views on this? Yes, most definately. And they are all summed up in these great websites. :)

Pfft, while those counter arguments are fairly exhaustive some of those responses are incredibly inadequate:

4.3 "This whole manifesto is flawed from the outset by its crudely reductionist approach to human beings. Our most profound spiritual experiences, and indeed what it is to be a person, can't be reduced to a dance of soulless molecules."

In the tough-minded reductionist camp, a hard-nosed atheistical scientist may be loath to see the beautifully choreographed neurons of his temporal cortex reduced to a spiritual buzz of religiosity. This isn't a very fruitful perspective either.

In one's eagerness to avoid an impoverished conception of human beings, it is easy to fall victim to an impoverished conception of chemicals. Natural scientists, no less than humanists, can easily fall into the same trap. On the assumption that all conscious experience - "what-it's-like-ness" - is identical with certain physical events or properties, then our classical materialist image of the ontology of the physical world, and our concept of what it means to be "physical", must be jettisoned as simply erroneous. It is not our fanciful mental images of matter and energy, but our deepening grasp of the formal mathematical tools needed for a description of quantum-mechanical events, that has enabled us increasingly to control and manipulate the basic stuff of the world. This grasp is now letting us control and manipulate, as well, the experiences with which at least some distributions of that "stuff" are identical. The phraseology sounds sinister and Orwellian. Yet if one's sovereign ethical principle entails striving for the fullest possible development of personal well-being everywhere, then embarking on the post-Darwinian enterprise is the only rational option.

I mean ^^ what the fuck is this?? They've completely ignored the objection and attempted to postulate some kind of half assed conceptual monism akin to a theory of forms w/o actually giving a reason why it should be accepted at all...they've simply dressed it up in philosophical language that will befuddle the average schmo...I mean...I realise they are talking WAY out of my league but at least answer the objection!

Further they've failed to address a fairly straight forward objection...that of people craving naturally obtained hapiness to be truly happy rather than biologically enhanced hapiness. Basic dividing line between simple and complex hedonism has in effect been ignored. They're population would be more than happy to exist in a utopian matrix, or to have Descartes evil demon deceiving us into thinking we are happy!

Man, I can't believe how off topic I just got b/c of that but DEFINITELY a VERY interesting read :D That can go in my bookmarks...sorry mods

Go Cyberdyne! Yes, the whole hedwb thing is very Brave New World. I personally think that all that pseudo-philosophical guff simply conceals a desire for the quick fix - gimme the right pill and everything will be all right.....

As for the dilated pupils w/o drugs - happens to me all the time. The "psychosomatic" answer is part of it - consider a recursive hierarchy ranging from neurons up to consciousness, with each level of complexity affecting and being affected by the other levels. Your pupils dilate when you dance hard because you ARE experiencing a dopamine/serotonin/norepnephrine rush - triggered partly through memory and expectation, and partly through physical exertion.