Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Feeling anxious and sleepy on ecstasy + visuals

Hnomy

Greenlighter
Hello!

I've been having this problem since the second time I did ecstasy.

The first tab on my first try was just awesome. But after I took the second tab that night, I started feeling very sleepy. Almost experiencing what people with narcolepsy experience.
I became very tired and tried to sit and relax, but every time I blinked, different people would be sitting next to me. That felt really scary until I realized that every time I blinked I felt asleep for 5-10 minutes.
Anyway, the exhaustion is probably a thing to be expected on your first time, but that was just a beginning of the problem...

I don't really remember my second time, or the third time. The only thing I know is that from that first try it just started getting worse and worse.
Mind that I was taking 3-4 month breaks after each time.

It all came up to a point at which if I take it now, I would feel a lot anxiety, be lost, feel tired and exhausted.
Sometimes I would have ghostly visuals, especially in the dark. The visuals don't scary me, but I assume, it is not a common effect of ecstasy or mdma alone.
I also experience sound hallucinations sometimes. I think I get very paranoid too, thinking some stuff that can never happen.
That shit happened to me even when I was home alone and in safety. Although, that time I really must've taken too much accidently, as "my" side effects were the most intense of all times.

By the way, same thing happens when I try pure mdma.

No, I never tested tested my stuff, but my friends always felt completely fine on the same tabs, even though they tend to take way more dose.

I've read quite a lot of articles while trying to figure out the source of the problem, but never could I find the same symptoms listed anywhere.
Too much water and the absence of salt, is what I am suspecting right now, but I still can't test it. The last time I took ecstasy or mdma was almost a year ago.

I think it also worth noting that similar anxiety effect sometimes is also there when I smoke weed. Though, I learned to overcome it, it still feels like those two may be related effects.

Last edited:
Test your gear.

The only time I've gotten anxiety after taking E pills or "M" was when the stuff in question was not MDMA at all but rather amphetamine/methamphetamine.

You can be anxious on pure MDMA for sure. My girlfriend has this issue, she suffers from genuine panic attacks during a roll. This is on lab-tested MDMA and on all kinds of different doses. This started with a seriously bad experience with space cake and for some reason that triggered a panic disorder. It's not only possible on other drugs than MDMA, it's for sure also possible on MDMA. What helps her is to split up her doses and take 1/2 first and 1/2 about an hour later, you could also do 3/4 and 1/4, you need to try out a bit to figure out what works for you

I don't think it has a physical cause, I think it happens in people already prone to anxiety/panic disorders. It can also as explained above, be triggered by a traumatic experience with drugs

You can be anxious on pure MDMA for sure. My girlfriend has this issue, she suffers from genuine panic attacks during a roll. This is on lab-tested MDMA and on all kinds of different doses. This started with a seriously bad experience with space cake and for some reason that triggered a panic disorder. It's not only possible on other drugs than MDMA, it's for sure also possible on MDMA. What helps her is to split up her doses and take 1/2 first and 1/2 about an hour later, you could also do 3/4 and 1/4, you need to try out a bit to figure out what works for you

I don't think it has a physical cause, I think it happens in people already prone to anxiety/panic disorders. It can also as explained above, be triggered by a traumatic experience with drugs
Agreed. Occasionally I would get anxiety on the come up.

Agreed. Occasionally I would get anxiety on the come up.
Yup, that's very common indeed. My girlfriend has it a bit more extreme, she gets full blown panic attacks in the middle of a roll, sometimes 2 hours after coming up. That's luckily much more rare but definitely not unheard of. She does have an anxiety disorder that manifests while sober as well though