• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Feel fantastic the next day after recreational Alprazolam

Sleaze

Bluelighter
i recreationally take alprazolam occasionally. maybe once every 2 weeks, at a 1mg dosage.

on the occasions i take it, it’s usually a Sunday evening. i mostly enjoy the hypnotic effects of alprazolam and helps me get a good long sleep before the start of a new work week... (in general, i’m notoriously bad at getting to sleep early).

what i’ve noticed the next day though, i feel better than normal.. i feel calmer, i feel like there’s less weight on my shoulders, work is a lot less stressful and dealing with typically stressful people is very easy. i also feel more motivated and goal driven, and just have an all round much better outlook on life...

obviously i’m still feeling effects of alprazolam at this point - but it’s got me thinking that maybe, my everyday life and mental health isn’t as good as it otherwise should be?

i’m not saying alprazolam is the answer, but i feel as though it does highlight the fact i need to do something about my everyday life and mental well being. it has helped me see that, in general i’m actually a very unhappy person, even though i have so many things i should be happy and grateful for..

Last edited:
yeah, i get what you’re saying and understand that most of what i’m feeling is by design and effectively what alprazolam is for...

but i guess my point is, it’s highlighted things me for i want to improve and be like in my everyday sober life..
if someone who was healthy and happy with themselves, and they took a alprazolam, they probably wouldn’t experience much benefits.

As a society we have come to fear anxiety like the plague. Sometimes it's horrible indeed but it can help you make intelligent choices and protect yourself from harm. Alprazolam can make one feel better than normal. I usually eat everything in the fridge and then wake up hungover and grouchy. Then next day is awful for me :ROFLMAO:

Anyone else get the munchies from benzos? I cannot stop eating candy bars and then move on to everything else in the fridge. Fried jello cheerios was my prime xanax inspired meal. Don't even ask man.. I do not recall a second of cooking them.

I used to feel good after drinking moderate amounts of alcohol.

I'm approaching 30 now though and the hangovers are taking over where the after glows used to stand.

I know alprazolam is different; but that's just my 2 cents

I've taken xanax in .25 to .5 doses a handful of times. Its nice. Little hard hitting for me personally but I see the appeal.

Seems to happen to the best of us. Took me a little while longer i.e. 54 years. Been over a year now with not a drop. Admittedly only ever been a binge drinker (like two or three times a month) but man: those three day hangovers became something to just not make it worth it anymore. Always wondered though: is it just an age thing or have alcohol production methods changed over the years? Never really been a beer drinker but over the years have heard many a beer drinker say that beer nowadays has a more chemical taste to it. Dunno how true that is. And whether or not the same would apply to Whisky and Rum I do not know. Anyway. Miss those days but very rarely (well for now anyway).
I mean I also kind of over used opioids and Dissociatives after I had a meaningful relationship implode. I feel like I would have gotten maybe another good decade of happy drunkenness in otherwise lol

I feel the poly drug use kind of killed alcohol's magic quicker.

Its funny!

Everyone talks about losing the magic with mdma and weed but to be honest opiods and booze have kind of lost their appeal to me personally more so.

If anything stimulants and weed shine harder for me than ever.

Funny you should mention that. I am almost sure I do too. Or rather I did anyway (this time around and in the beginning for sure i.e. somewhere around April of this year). Didn’t last too long though i.e. maybe the first week or so. Not on the scale you describe though (and nowhere near the scale as was the case on the only two occasions in my life that I’ve smoked even a bit of weed). I wonder why the phenomenon (with both actually)? Not something I’ve ever bothered to look up.

Lol I'm pretty thin and don't notice munchies from marijuana. Gabapentin too makes me go on a food bender. I'm not sure why but i've heard people complaining about gabapentin making them gain weight and eat far more too. Not that gabapentinoids are the same as alprazolam or klonopin... but they are similar to a degree. Tldr beware of the anxiety-free munchies.

I've had this happen on occasion. I was thinking perhaps there is some metabolite still present in the body in sufficient quantities to start the day layed back.

Anyone else get the munchies from benzos? I cannot stop eating candy bars and then move on to everything else in the fridge. Fried jello cheerios was my prime xanax inspired meal. Don't even ask man.. I do not recall a second of cooking them.
come to think of it, alprazolam gives me the munchies bad, too... not long ago I woke up the next day and noticed an empty McDonalds bag by the couch... I was quite surprised, but after checking Uber EAts on my phone I noticed I had ordered McDonalds delivery at 1am... I also noticed my t-shirt had burger all over it, I must have fell a sleep while eating it.. I don't recall any of it though 🤪

You sure you’re only taking 1mg (and legit prescription Alprazolam)?
yeah, they're Mylan 2mg tablets that I split in half, but on this particular occasion I had been drinking and also smoking. very similar amnesia experience than zolpidem + alcohol.

Before I had an Rx and only took alprazolam on occasion, I always felt great the day after taking 1.5-2mg. The bummer about that part of the alprazolam experience goes away rapidly once you get to taking it every day. The only really good thing about my alprazolam habit is that it's to treat anxiety as well as a second line anticonvulsant so I'll never just be taken off of it suddenly. My neurologist said that if I did want to taper off of my 4mg/day safely would take many months or even over a year to taper properly.

I use them responsibly (99% of the time anyway), so when I had my metabolic mishap, I was able to get my dose increased and clonazepam added for a short time until my blood plasma levels of my meds were back in range.

i recreationally take alprazolam occasionally. maybe once every 2 weeks, at a 1mg dosage.

on the occasions i take it, it’s usually a Sunday evening. i mostly enjoy the hypnotic effects of alprazolam and helps me get a good long sleep before the start of a new work week... (in general, i’m notoriously bad at getting to sleep early).

what i’ve noticed the next day though, i feel better than normal.. i feel calmer, i feel like there’s less weight on my shoulders, work is a lot less stressful and dealing with typically stressful people is very easy. i also feel more motivated and goal driven, and just have an all round much better outlook on life...

obviously i’m still feeling effects of alprazolam at this point - but it’s got me thinking that maybe, my everyday life and mental health isn’t as good as it otherwise should be?

i’m not saying alprazolam is the answer, but i feel as though it does highlight the fact i need to do something about my everyday life and mental well being. it has helped me see that, in general i’m actually a very unhappy person, even though i have so many things i should be happy and grateful for..
Interesting, I'm usually just feeling slightly "mushy" after using Alprazolam for sleep (my dose is also 1 mg). This usually passes after noon of the next day. The kind of afterglow you describe is something I've experienced on Etizolam, though. If you are unhappy, my advice would be to work on your mindset. My mental health significantly improved when I started meditating each day and trying to focus on the present moment. Avoid reliving bad experiences or trying to come up with plans for potential problems or fights. It's not easy and a process, not an event, but trust me, you'll feel much better.

Interesting, I'm usually just feeling slightly "mushy" after using Alprazolam for sleep (my dose is also 1 mg). This usually passes after noon of the next day. The kind of afterglow you describe is something I've experienced on Etizolam, though. If you are unhappy, my advice would be to work on your mindset. My mental health significantly improved when I started meditating each day and trying to focus on the present moment. Avoid reliving bad experiences or trying to come up with plans for potential problems or fights. It's not easy and a process, not an event, but trust me, you'll feel much better.
Thanks, I will give it a go. I have been looking at mediation etc.. but I think it's time I make more of a conscious effort to do it..

I had 1mg of Xanax last night.. woke up today a bit lethargic, but overall I feel good - positive, motivated... also went to the dentist which I usually hate - but still under the influence of Xanax, the trip to the dentist was a breeze.. very calm, no anxiety.. obviously this is what the drug is for right??

I guess my whole point of this topic is that, it's made me realise that my normal sober life probably needs some work - such as mediation, and other mental well-being tasks I should be doing... my goal is to feel as motivated and anxious free with my every day life as I do on Xanax....

Hello ,
Sleaze, I understand your challenge and sleep is is the key but how when the a** part of the brain is in over drive. I forgot the name of the tiny little spot in the frontal cortex. It starts with an “a”.
im looking for a replacement for clonopin.
not interested in everyday rather the occasional gab a relief that promotes that healing restful sleep.
live been off benzo for more than a few plus months and time doesn’t help. Just more broken up bits of sleep.
it gets tricky when the broken sleep continues days and weeks on end.
I think I might try this one you mention.
lot the one starts with an “e”.
I did enjoy reading about flubromzapam.
anyone with experience give a brief break down on what the consider best and why?
thx and may you have a day with no judgements and one filled with peace and health.

Every once in a while I will take a 300mg gabapentin and either 1 1/2 mgs of etizolam or 1 mgs alprazolam and sleep through the night. Etizolam wears off much cleaner than alprazolam though. Then I wake up refreshed and energetic. I just attribute it to the occassional uninterrupted sleep. I think that probably only works on virgin benzo brains like me. I rarely use benzo's so they do knock me out with a minimal dose and let me sleep.

I get intense munchies on xanax too and it always seems to slightly change the way my food tastes also, anyone else notice this? It doesn’t make my food taste bad but there’s always a strange after taste to my food when I’m on xans.

I get intense munchies on xanax too and it always seems to slightly change the way my food tastes also, anyone else notice this? It doesn’t make my food taste bad but there’s always a strange after taste to my food when I’m on xans.
Yes, yes. In fact 2 weeks ago I purposely took 1 mg of etizolam before a home cooked meal, about 30 minutes before to enjoy the food. I mean nothing raises appetite like cannabis for me, but benzo's do make me stuff my face. Every once in a while I try to feel something euphoric but usually only just feel tired and sober. Yet the next day I can not remember what I was watching and have woken up to a floor full of candy wrappers. :)

Eh, anti seizure drugs are what benzo's are to me. Medicine for people who really need it. I stopped trying to get euphoric from sedatives after seconal, amytal and tuinal were stopped being prescribed.