• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Feedback Thread] How can WE improve on the PD forum? Suggestions welcome!

B9 said:
To my mind the usage of needles isn't a brilliant harm reduction strategy in general. Imagine that one ends up i.ving "other drug catergories" - like opiates. If people do it they do it! I'm certain that there's ample room in Other Drugs to perhaps add to their undoubtedly extensive literature on aseptic injection techniques.
Generally i'ving drugs doesn't eventually end in a situation akin to paradise - at least not after a while.

I agree muschly B9, but on the other hand, if we in PD discourage IV use dramatically due to HR reasons, doesn't that mean that almost any thread in OD about injecting should be shut, seeing as the chances are what is being slammed is more dangerous then a psychedelic, to the body at least?

My problem with the IV thing though is pretty small really; I think its an unneccesary way to take psychedelics personally, and it does create that temtpation to take other drugs that way, which isn't such a great idea. I mean, people scoff at snorting a 2C-x but willingly inject, intravaneaously, synthetically manufactured checmicals with god knows what in them- plus, it is uneeded with psychedelics with have good bioavailabilty through other routes- why smoke DPT when snorting is just as powerful, yet IMO smoother?

If people wanna i.v/i.m let em do it, but the glamourisation ( yeah S_ S some of our younger viewers may be influenced my your charismatic charm & dashing devil may care attitude ;) ) & dare I say it promotion of such practices doesn't ( to my mind) reflect a true spirit of HR.

That is true. It shouldn't be glamourised, as its dangerous- in the same manner that we should avoid glamourising datura and other anticholinergic, as these drugs AND psychedelics are unpredictable. Why add a new dimension to it?

Benign said:
My my how things change eh :\

The more theing change the more things stay the same or something. Thankyou B9 :)

fizzacyst said:
I don't mean things like questions that 50% of the forum finds a little basic or something (though lower-level stuff should go to BDD), or some off-hand comments about drug experiences. I meant more like, why the hell are people posting screenshots from Star Trek: The Next Generation episode #162, asking for sources, nude pics, etc in a thread asking how to improve the forum? It really has no bearing on anything, and I think makes an effective demonstration of the sort of stuff that is being posted that doesn't belong here.

Thanks for raising these points man, I will try to answer/adresss them here. In regards to sending 'low-level' queries to BDD, I think that psychedelics are in a seperate category of sorts wherey basic discussion can amount to very educational and informative threads. I mean, basic ecsasy questions go in ED, I assume- same with CD?? Anyhow, I think having specific places as we do for posting basic questions is helpful, if not possibly dull for those who know their stuff. :)

Star Trek: The Next Generation episode #162

=D I have LOLed :):) A trekkie may have been revealed. :) :p ;)

But I hear you- I think sometimes that I, personally, speak a fair bit of nonsense which has been a problem for most of my BLing careeer, so I know I don't do a good job of discouraging it....but I wouldn't want to. If you scan a thread from three or four years ago their is a palapable sense of anger in some threads- which is largely absent now I believe. So something has changed for the better IMO.

I hit up about half as many threads as I used to, kind of assuming a lot of crap like that is around. I know I'm not everyone and there are lots of lurkers, but come on guys, lets try to set a standard for quality here.

Well, your input is highly regarded mate :). BUT- Are you sure you don't check the threads because of the 'crap' or because you basically know what the content will be? I mean, amongst all the Bluelight forums there are standard questions which get repetitive, so why not lighten them up a bit? i see no harm myself.

This is one of the few public places where you can read/participate in discussion on brand new, extremely rare drugs along with the classics, see first-hand accounts of experiences, read about dangers related to them, learn how to be safe, and get free advice and guidance from those who have traveled the long strange road.

And it still is- I mean, consider the newer DOT/Aleph1 threads plus the HOT-7 discussion- I mean, there is NO information them elsewhere on the web, so, as pure examples, I think we're still a good resource for exotic chemicals.

Lets not water it down to the kindergarten level, eh? This place serves a very important purpose.

I agree- though id say two purposes; to offer harm reduction advice, and by creating a community of like-minded users, to spread a message through them to their friends and acqaunitances etc etc. and get drug use safe beyond Bluelight. This applies to the lurkers as well....I mean, I hope they get the information that they need, and I feel they largely do, but I guess I hope they have a giggle.

I don't know, perhaps people need to not post when their high/fucked/tripping/nodding/Samdhi_Smiles...;)? I am an utter hypocrite in that regards, but its something for us to think about. I personally get tired of people saying how smashed they are, even though I do it too; lke right now, I'm nicely stoned. Woo :\

Thanks for your comments fizzacyst; do you have any suggestions as to what you think is the source of the silliness and how we as mods and the community can rememdy it?

*ANY LURKERS WHO READ THIS AND HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY- PLEASE DO. I AM ESPECIALLY INTERESTED IN YOUR OPINIONS. OVER AND OUT*

Agreed, lurkers... you know you can post anonymously too, right? Anyone can post anonymously and request it to be moved here (if you wanted to say something but didn't want someone to know you said something for example).

How about the mods stop locking half the threads on the forum? It gets kinda annoying. Although sometimes I can see how it is justified.

I guess I haven't added anything useful to swilow's original question because--basically for me--this is a really good forum.

Well-moderated with good registered users and lurkers, and a good balance between useful information and zaniness. If the zaniness ever departed it's possible I'd lose some interest. :D

Just my 2 cents...

Aeon Psyche said:
How about the mods stop locking half the threads on the forum? It gets kinda annoying. Although sometimes I can see how it is justified.

Care to elaborate? Why is it annoying?

Anyhow, your exagerating, most threads stay open, except for pointless ones. Its nothing personal.

On the front page now, there are three locked threads- one on DPT redosing, as its already been posted by the same poster, one on "mesculine" and another on dropping acid two nights in a row. IMO, there not threadworthy; they've either been covered elsewhere, are stupid and against the rules, or they are double posts. Makes sense to me :\

I understand where you coming from but sometimes I want to add something just to discover later that the thread is locked :/

^Your always welcome to PM a mod with such a request.....:) Closed threads can always be opened again.

^As theres a few mods of PD its a good idea to direct any PM's to all of us, and someone online or the soonest online will 'deal' with it. This goes for any concerns, thread-closing or otherwise....:)

How about some new skins? There's only one other besides this one and it sure is ugly.

If you want to see new skins you should go suggest it in Support. :)

Maybe this thread is in the wrong section. It clearly says suggestions in the title.

But new skins would be for the entire site, not specific to PD. And site-wide changes should be proprosed in 'Support'

Now where is the "bring Jamshyd back!!" suggestion? ;) =D

I like the literature suggestion, and I've actually been compiling a collection of literature on Ketamine, specifically regarding its benefits and toxicity.

^omg you're my hero Jamshyd =D <3 =D I've been trying to get/read every book I can about ketamine. I'm in the middle of John Lilly's works atm.

where have you been btw? Methinks you send a little too much time in P&S ;)

Aeon Psyche said:
I thought they meant the whole forum and not just PD. Ok, I'll ask there :)

Lol, did you not read the title or first post? ;)

I think in Support someone has already suggested some new skin options, so maybe chime in there Aeon. Obviously, we're not gonna be able to change it for one FORUM on the BULLETIN BOARD.