• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Favorite Quotes

lolitsjohn said:
Go look at the TDS and tell me that the drug lifestyle doesn't cause unhappiness in many cases.

Drug use is often correlated, but not necessary a cause for negativity.

Since we already mentioned one quote here's another...

"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise."

ALDOUS HUXLEY
1894 - 1963

I like this following one because it explains the drug life style similar to the song "Junk head" by Alice in Chains.

"Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a big fucking television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disk players and electrical tin openers...choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on the couch, watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life. But why would I want to do a thing lke that? I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?"
Irvine Welsh
TRAINSPOTTING (1996)

"Junkhead" - Alice in Chains

A good night, the best in a long time
A new friend turned me on to an old favorite
Nothing better than a dealer whos high
Be high, convince them to buy

Whats my drug of choice?
Well, what have you got?
I dont go broke
And I do it a lot

Seems so sick to the hypocrite norm
Running their boring drills
But we are an elite race of our own
The stoners, junkies, and freaks

Are you happy? I am, man.
Content and fully aware
Money, status, nothing to me
cause your life is empty and bare

You cant understand a users mind
But try, with your books and degrees
If you let yourself go and opened your mind
Ill bet youd be doing like me
And it aint so bad

Say, I do it a lot!
Say, I do it a lot!
Say, I do it a lot!
Say, I do it a lot!

And my favorite, one of the only quotes I felt "touched by" or felt deep for...

I hanker too much after a state of happiness,
both for myself and others; I cannot face
misery, whether my own or not..."
Thomas de Quincey
(1785 - 1859)
Confessions of an English Opium-Eater

My favorite...

Blow would dress you up for a party, but never take you there. You’re always like, This is going to be great! Then you’re just depressed.” -- George Clooney

Hicks was good, but always too angry for me.

If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity. - Bill Vaughan

There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz 380SL. - Lynn Lavner

There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Use them in that order. - Ed Howdershelt

"some people like to bake pies for thanksgiving, well we like to bake ourselves."

haha some good shit

"I'm intact, and I don't give a damn." - Arthur Rimbaud

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom." - William Blake

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." - Ernest Hemingway

Overheard at HEAVY drug party at which one of the guests was selling the results of a pharmacy break in. One guy had bought a load of Palfium (dextromoramide) and had overdosed. The host had tried to ring an ambulance several times but it was a saturday night & the party/OD were in a bad part of town. Put simply, they couldn't be bothered to come to save the blokes life.

Junkie 1 (friend of OD victim) to host: 'You rang? They STILL not coming?'
Junkie 2 (whispered while on a good nod): 'Fuck it, write them a letter!'

I think anyone who has taken high doses of opiates will understand the attitude. Several people I know have gone over while in company becuase the damned junkie didn't want to spoil their buzz!

"I have taken drugs before and ah, I had a real good time......didnt murder anybody,didnt rob anybody,didnt rape anybody,didnt beat anybody,didnt loose uuummmmmm what fucking job?......laughed my ass off and went about my day.....!!!!!!!"

Bill Hicks

"Buy the ticket, take the ride"

Applies to drugs, jobs, procreating, relationships, vacations, being alive, etc. Dont bite off more than you can chew, and accept the consequences with style when you do.

"This, too, shall pass"

Good things are temporary. Bad things are temporary. Boring things you never notice are temporary. Experiencing life, good or bad, is temporary. Take it in.

Last edited:
I want to add another of my faves

Regarding the original speedball (morphine and cocaine in a single needle), William Burroughs author of Junky writes

“If God made anything better, he kept it for Himself,”

Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity. If any man seeks for greatness, let him forget greatness and ask for truth, and he will find both.

"Our capacity to destroy one
another is matched by our capacity to heal one another."
- The Body Keeps The Score

Live your life so Goddamn well that Death itself will tremble to take you away! (Bukowski)

You know you will live forever when everyone wants you dead... (Burns)

I never knew the origin of this one, and it's pretty hard core, but when someone is working on screwing you badly (getting you fired or something also pretty evil). This gets their attention...

"Your victory will be as dust in your mouth and your children will know my name."