• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Favorite Kratom

5 years ago, much later then it was discovered that kratom was adulterated with O-desmethyltramadol (from which some people died) I was getting pretty decent high comparable to schedule 2 opioids. That kind of high was really short, but with red thai maeng da that I was using then it was on the same level as 5-10 mg oxycodone. I would even start to itch and get miosis. Other oxycodone type effects were present - feelings of warmth in my body, psychological euphoria, having energy...I even got some nodding effect.

For that kind of effects I had to be opioid free (tolerance reset) but I wasn't new at opioids as I have previously to kratom taken morphine, oxycodone, methadone and tramadol. So it wasn't like somebody "talked me into placebo". My wife, who took kratom before any other opioid likes kratom more than oxycodone. I must say that she took oxycodone in maximum dosage of 20mg and used oxyccdone maybe 10 times in her whole life. She was never dependent on any opioid.

It may be that an individual makeup really makes a difference here. Opioid use history and expectation also play a major role. But I can say that kratom has gotten me where I could get with 10mg oxycodone. But there is a limit with kratom. It can not be compared to even 20mg oxycodone, let alone higher doses (when tolerance is reset). Plus taking kratom for a week makes it (for me) impossible to get that kind of high. But it is still an useful low potency opioid.

"I was getting pretty decent high comparable to schedule 2 opioids."
"It can not be compared to even 20mg oxycodone,"

Uhh... so which is it then? Is it comparable to schedule II opioids or can it NOT be compared to even 20mg of a scheduled II opioid?

Really? Who genuinely feels 5mg of oxycodone? I was once given percocets for an abscess long before I had tried anything other than tramadol and those 5mg of oxycodone were much weaker than 400mg of tramadol. I suppose individual chemistry could be at play but I was just speaking to another user on here who was given 5mg oxycodone and is in pain and doesn't feel shit from the 5mg either.

I received a buzz ONCE back in 2012 from kratom. The high lasted a good 8 hours and reminded me very much of tramadol/hydro. I assume it probably was odesmethyltramadol.

It wasn't until 2016-to present that I tried it again (at least 10 different brands at this point) and even with no to low tolerance, I would say it doesn't feel much like any opioid at all. The extracts come slightly close, but there are 400+ alkaloids in kratom and only 2 of those are actually mu-agonists and several are actually mu-antagonists. I've tried kratom with no tolerance now & have tried it with low dose bupe tolerance and yes there are effects, but they are more adrenergic and caffeine-like rather than opioid-like. And I say that for the reds, greens, whatever color. I've never been able to tell any difference.

Everyone is different I guess but I can't see a heroin user being satisfied with kratom at all.

I agree that kratom isn't on par with higher dosages of schedule 2 opioids. But it can be as strong as 10mg oxycodone or hydrocodone. That's about how strong it can get. I believe I was quite clear about that. :)

Yeah it doesn’t feel anything like oxy and I do agree it’s more like coffee but it def helped with the withdrawal from oxy . I got off 40-60 mg oxy er using Kratom with little to no discomfort so it’s worth it for that reason .

I always preferred a red strain the more relaxing effect was quite complimentary to sedatives.

I've definately bought uei in the past few years after hearing about that debacle, and I didn't ever feel anything unlike concentrated leaf.

I probably only take kratom once every few months (try to not tickle my mu receptors too often), but it can get quite pleasant when moderately high dosed.

I've definately bought uei in the past few years after hearing about that debacle, and I didn't ever feel anything unlike concentrated leaf.

I probably only take kratom once every few months (try to not tickle my mu receptors too often), but it can get quite pleasant when moderately high dosed.

I could definitely see kratom maybe being fun for some one who uses opioids only once every few months (especially if it's just kratom).

Some one who's been using heroin or heavy narcotics daily for years, I'm not so sure would do well with it though. Especially if they're dependent on that strong mu-agonism to function and get about their day.

I could definitely see kratom maybe being fun for some one who uses opioids only once every few months (especially if it's just kratom).

Some one who's been using heroin or heavy narcotics daily for years, I'm not so sure would do well with it though. Especially if they're dependent on that strong mu-agonism to function and get about their day.
Yeah, for me kratom was really only 'strong' when I was opiate naive. Now that my tolerance is very high it merely gets me well. It is still very useful in that regard, requires taking alot if you are going through h/fent wd tho.

Yeah, for me kratom was really only 'strong' when I was opiate naive. Now that my tolerance is very high it merely gets me well. It is still very useful in that regard, requires taking alot if you are going through h/fent wd tho.
But that's the thing, you can use kratom for "fun" (relatively...) if you're opiate naive, otherwise kratom is just a medicine or a maintenance drug, but not a substance to get high in any way.
In fact I think after the 6 months/1 year honeymoon period even opiate naïve people would barely benefit of any recreational value of kratom.
For me it is a medicine more than anything else, a bit fun, but a medicine overall. Is the only "opioid" that I've tried, fortunately, but I used it 3 years almost straight.

But that's the thing, you can use kratom for "fun" (relatively...) if you're opiate naive, otherwise kratom is just a medicine or a maintenance drug, but not a substance to get high in any way.
In fact I think after the 6 months/1 year honeymoon period even opiate naïve people would barely benefit of any recreational value of kratom.
For me it is a medicine more than anything else, a bit fun, but a medicine overall. Is the only "opioid" that I've tried, fortunately, but I used it 3 years almost straight.
I think that's a good way to think about it.