• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Favorite Kratom

I would tend to agree about most extracts being a rip off. For me, the Premium Super Green Bali (Plain Leaf) works wonders for my pain, depression, and anxiety!

I have little experience with other strains but I like bali and maeng da. A combo seems like it would be ideal I think I'm going to get 4 ounces of bali and one of Maeng Da and mix them next time.

I don't know why you guys are saying kratom is expensive. Without breaking rules a half pound of cheap stuff goes for about as much as an OC 80. That's 14 grams a day for 16 days. That's cheap as fuck in comparison. At least for now I can afford a habit.

I have a decade of on again off again opiate use. And kratom is legit. My favorite strain is one of the "gold" types. The only thing I don't like about kratom is the almost trippy disoriented feeling on the come up. The gold stuff just feels smooth on the come up like vicodin. But for half the price the cheap stuff does the trick just fine.

I think I'd really like kratom if I could figure out an easier way to ingest it. The tea (especially with powder/extract) can be pretty gross.

I think I'd really like kratom if I could figure out an easier way to ingest it. The tea (especially with powder/extract) can be pretty gross.

yogurt.

Seriously, i can eat a few grams of powdered bali in some greek god strawberry yogurt, and there's almost no bitterness, or funky taste. Goes down easy, and after trying a ton of different kratom ingestion methods, i find this to be the best way.

yogurt.

Seriously, i can eat a few grams of powdered bali in some greek god strawberry yogurt, and there's almost no bitterness, or funky taste. Goes down easy, and after trying a ton of different kratom ingestion methods, i find this to be the best way.

5 grams in orange juice for me. Like you said it makes it a little bitter but the OJ really masks the taste.

5 grams in orange juice for me. Like you said it makes it a little bitter but the OJ really masks the taste.

The cool thing about yogurt, is that the tannins bind to the casein, and almost completely eliminate the astringency from the tannins in kratom that make it taste so repulsive. IMHO, thats the main reason why its so hard to get down, and once you remove the astringency, and mask the taste with the strawberry flavor, along with encasing the surface area of the powder with the yogurt, its quite palatable.

All i need is about 2oz by volume of yogurt, for every 2.5g of bali. Basically 2 spoon fulls of yogurt for every 3g of kratom leaf powder.

I rarely find myself taking extracts, or ingesting in any other way than that. It just works to fucking good to bother with other ways of getting kratom powder/extracts down.

Tea, always tasted the worst for me personally.

Just get plenty of magnesium if you do ingest kratom powder on a regular basis. Nobody likes kidney stones, and there's a decent bit of oxalates in kratom. Calcium + oxalates = kidney stones.

magnesium + oxalates = magnesium oxalate, that's 567x more soluble in urine than calcium oxalate. And iirc, in the presence of both calcium and magnesium the oxalate preferentially bonds with magnesium.

Most Americans are magnesium deficient btw as well. I take damn near a gram of ionic magnesium carbonate (gram of atomic magnesium, not counting the citric acid or the carbonic acid) daily, and its done nothing but good things for my health in general.

Its cheap too, just get the generic stuff, not natural calm. Make sure its the ionic stuff too, and then add some Gatorade mix/generic electrolyte drink mix to it. Way fucking cheaper than natural calm, and just as effective.

:\What about mixing with coffee and percolating.... (Not popping Percocet, but brew coffee grinds with leaf,,,..)

I roll up a teaspoon that is probably more like a teaspoon and a half in one piece of thin toilet paper and take like a really big capsule, I have a pretty high tolerance even after being clean from other opiates for about 9 months so I put down six big teaspoons of bali washing it down with soda or juice or fizzy water. Bali is my favorite because it is the most sedating one I've tried, feels the most like an opiate to me, I started using it after about 7 months clean to help with opiate cravings because I'm on probation, before I got clean I had a roughly 300mg a day oxy habit but after 7 months kratom felt pretty good kinda like the first time I did hydros but a little more disorienting, like my balance gets a little off, and gross because of the huge amount of powder I have to eat

I wonder if people were aware back in 2012-2013 that a lot of vendors were spiking their kratom with "ODSMT", the metabolite of tramadol.
And tramadol itself, since it was an unscheduled drug at the time. Tramadol was treated like another aspirin for many, many years and a good dose of tramadol can absolutely get one fucked up and nodding.

I see a lot of users on here writing about how kratom feels like tramadol/hydrocodone, probably because it was.

It's interesting because I tried kratom in 2012 (back when these posts and comments were made) and it too felt like a good dose of hydrocodone, with a weird stimulating edge compared to tramadol.

That was the one and only time I've felt kratom and I'm convinced now that it was spiked. Because I've tried kratom atleast 100 times in the past 5 years and have never been able to achieve that experience again or anything close to it.

If you look at the threads now a days, you'll see people telling you there's no way you'll get anything that feels like traditional opiates from kratom. Interesting contrast. I'd consider a tramadol/hydrocodone buzz an "opioid buzz" for sure. I wonder how many users here thought they were just getting high on kratom when it could have been something else...

EDIT : I resurrected this thread out of curiousity if anyone knew their kratom was being spiked back then. And why the vastly wild differences in how people were affected back in 2012-2013 compared to current day. Only to have the next to posters completely scam over it and continue talking about "their favorite strains" as if we were still in 2013. Seems fishy to me. Maybe people have vested interests in covering up how crappy kratom actually is and/or that others kratom could still be or was spiked at one point. Especially if you read between the lines of what the next posters said.

Last edited:
I like the Maeng Da green vein , I mix it with sweet tea . The red veins have a different taste and I never found a good mixer for .

Super fine ground in any flavor: If it aint fine enough I put it in a food processor.

> Tending to dislike anything red... just feels "blah" and doesn't hit the receptors I like. It either puts me into a state of withdrawal from my norm (green) when taken or it has a depressive effect on me... generally - which I try to avoid (at least this kind of depressant-state).
> Greens are a go ftw sparkles fire off just the way I like. ;)
> Whites are a little too stimulating for me and will only use if benzos are in hand.

This is all depending on what is known of - and expected from - "true" kratom, imo.
And also for the unknowing any/all effects are subtle and fragile as hell. I mean... one or two puffs of decent weed destroys all kratom effects (smoking does not take away from it's analgesic properties, IME).
This is just anotha blubba from yo brutha unda the covas.

Still love my kratom.

What about mixing with coffee and percolating....
I tried just using kratom in the basket in place of coffee and walked away... bad mistake. Discovered that kratom is a great dying agent too bad it doesn't come in more flavors (colors - maybe neons?) as we could tie-dye with the dregs from making tea if this is ones method. ;)

Come to think of it... maybe my krat is too fine and doesn't aerate properly?

Last edited:
I have used one of those little tea metal basket things to make a Kratom tea , just have to make sure holes are very small . I add orange slice and a regular tea bag as well . This is good for making a batch for the day .

I find no real consistency to batches by name. I've had red borneos that were too stimulating and whte borneos that had more mellow pain killing effect. I think the colors are a general away of labeling effects, but none of it consistent enough to know what you have with a new batch. But yeah, I mix some green and white for the morning, red at night.

Last edited:
I like how everyone avoided that I pointed out that kratom in 2012-2013 era (when this post was made) was tainted with odesmethyltramadol. So many of the users in this thread have no idea if they were getting these "hydrocodone-like" effects from kratom or from the metabolite of tramadol. After having tried a lot of kratom in the recent years, I've concluded there is a real possibility of the latter.

If kratom felt anything like a schedule II drug, it would not still be legal at this point, thanks to archaic and barbaric misery-inducing drug laws. So I wonder if people who keep pushing it as such have a financial incentive to do so.

Green Hulu Kapuas was my favorite

If kratom felt anything like a schedule II drug, it would not still be legal at this point,
5 years ago, much later then it was discovered that kratom was adulterated with O-desmethyltramadol (from which some people died) I was getting pretty decent high comparable to schedule 2 opioids. That kind of high was really short, but with red thai maeng da that I was using then it was on the same level as 5-10 mg oxycodone. I would even start to itch and get miosis. Other oxycodone type effects were present - feelings of warmth in my body, psychological euphoria, having energy...I even got some nodding effect.

For that kind of effects I had to be opioid free (tolerance reset) but I wasn't new at opioids as I have previously to kratom taken morphine, oxycodone, methadone and tramadol. So it wasn't like somebody "talked me into placebo". My wife, who took kratom before any other opioid likes kratom more than oxycodone. I must say that she took oxycodone in maximum dosage of 20mg and used oxyccdone maybe 10 times in her whole life. She was never dependent on any opioid.

It may be that an individual makeup really makes a difference here. Opioid use history and expectation also play a major role. But I can say that kratom has gotten me where I could get with 10mg oxycodone. But there is a limit with kratom. It can not be compared to even 20mg oxycodone, let alone higher doses (when tolerance is reset). Plus taking kratom for a week makes it (for me) impossible to get that kind of high. But it is still an useful low potency opioid.

Last edited by a moderator: