• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Favorite drug-related movie?

FunctionlJnkieGal

Bluelighter
There's a lot of good ones out there. Its hard for me to say which is my favorite. As for the most disturbing one, Requiem For A Dream takes the cake.

I just remember two of the top of my head and niether would be in my favorites lists of movies watched. Trainspotting and Requiem for a Dream. Both are dark and not really my cup of tea hehe

^
Yeah I hate both movies too. My favourite drug-related movie is Dude, Where's my car?

There's a lot of good ones out there. Its hard for me to say which is my favorite. As for the most disturbing one, Requiem For A Dream takes the cake.

Blow has & probably always will be my favorite drug related movie. Johnny Depp did an amazing job.
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas is definitely my second fav. Also has Johnny Depp.

I just remember two of the top of my head and niether would be in my favorites lists of movies watched. Trainspotting and Requiem for a Dream. Both are dark and not really my cup of tea hehe

Requiem for a Dream is by far my favorite as well. That and Blow.

A Scanner Darkly - First watched that on shrooms and was like WTF lol

^A very underrated but great movie with an outstanding cast. Robert Downie Jr, Keanu Reeves, Woody Harrelson & Winona Ryder!

For me Spun and Limitless come to mind. And Wolf of Wall Street.
Half Baked and How High are classics :)

Trainspotting has influenced my the most, it was just released as i was an adolescent and all of my peers liked it very much. As i watched it it was not a drama for me, but a way of living, i think it subconsciously influenced me. Then i would say the most fun is Fear and loathing In Las Vegas. Blow made me cry and requiem for a dream almost, if the camera/cut wouldn't be so be disturbing. BTW trainspotting 2 in now cast in scottland but based on another theme. I dont think any film can come close to it.

Trainspotting! Blow is also great, that is my second fave. requiem for a dream takes 3rd place. permanent midnight with ben stiller was pretty good too.

Trainspotting made sure I never tried heroin. Good movie produced in my country.

I like. Watching Baraka or koyanista (sp) home etc on drugs.

for those who love script pills, watch - Drugstore Cowboy - something I just found out about a few years ago. GREAT MOVIE FOR SCRIPT PILLS and its early 90's.

then, of course, Scarface - its not about an addict but damn its a good movie about the game of COKE!

Basketball Diaries - great to show how dope ruins you.

Blow - bad ass - again, coke dealer stuff but bad ass.

Fear and Loathing - people mention it always but I am not a fan; just not my STYLE of drugs.

GO - good movie about "club drugs" and came out at the perfect time for ME; during my early "club" years.

Requiem for a drea - another great.

Trainspotting many mention but I was just never a huge fan but they have some scenes in there where they show that needle.. DAMN!

PARTY MONSTER - whacky movie w/ the dude from home alone w/ "party" drugs.

The Doors - great movie about the band, The Doors, and showing how he went down w/ drugs and all.

Wold of Wallstreet - fucking great movie PERIOD! nevermind all the drugs he does throughout. hilarious, serious, sad, great, everything. MOVIE IS AWESOME!

then you have those Dazed and Confused and other marijuana movies, which I dont consider drug movies but they are funny, like Friday and shit.

Seems like all my faves have already been mentioned but I have to throw in Enter the Void - I'm a big fan of Gaspar Noe. Movie is trippy as all hell.

24-Hour Party People: It's fucking fantastic! It's about the Manchester music scene from Joy Division in the late '70s to the '90s rave scene. It's hilarious and based off of the true story of Tony Wilson and Factory Records. Of course, there are plenty of drugzzz.

Requiem for a dream is probably my favorite as well, next would be "Blow" with Johnny Depp