• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fav Australian pub/club?

I would have to say the Lounge in Swanston Street. I dunno why, I don't particularly love it but I've just had some good times there I spose, and I generally find it has a pretty friendly atmosphere.

MR Candyslut said:
it was The Greenwood - the most coolest, unpretentious place in the most pretentious city of Australia.
I]
When did you go? I think it's really fucking pretentious and the only decent thing about it is laughing at the fashionistas with bad hair.

up all night said:
When did you go? I think it's really fucking pretentious and the only decent thing about it is laughing at the fashionistas with bad hair.

Hahhaha. Don't i feel sheepish. I should have contextualised that I was there in 2003. Now, i am going to hesitantly stick to my guns and say it was really relaxed when i was there. Then again, i was only 18 when i used to go and could have been too enamoured with being 'cool' to even notice the bad fashionistas. Or even worse, i could have been one of that pathetic ones trying to be cool. Scary!

No, I really do think it was very relaxed though. Without a Louis Vuitton clutch in sight.

Last edited:
^ Yeah it was great back then [I hate people who say things like that but it's true!]. Everyone was dirty and trashy and friendly and generally coming down from a big weekend or on drugs. It's different now though. All fake tans, expensive clothes and beautiful people.

^^^^ Damn! Why is that all cool places are inevitably found by stupid people who then bring stupid friends and turn a seemingly cool place into a stupid place??? It's like all the really great chiilled out places in Brisbane are inevitably ruined by pretentious fashionistas who hear that it
is a cool place to go (only it is not 'cool') and then they all come in droves!!!!

I can only imagine the type that go there now. It was so unpretentious when i was there. As you said, it was everyone coming down from a big weekend. Everyone just did there own thing and the crowd was really diverse, like candy ravers, fags, weirdos. It was all very cool.:(

Last edited:
st. jerome's is the best place in melbourne by far - in my experience. which isn't huge, since i tend to stick with what i know, but it really is a superb little enclave, as long as you can get a table.

i really like the lounge too, even though it often gets a bad wrap (omg it's like so totally mainstream!).

revolver is awesome, but only for a particular state of mind (thank you for that hoptis ;)) - generally when your mind doesn't really know what state that is.

bimbo deluxe is pretty sweet too: relaxed, trashy-but-cool decor, and tasty pizzas. plus it's on brunswick street, which is also good.

cherry bar is great, but it's more full of indie kid cliches (like myself) than ever, which is a bit of a turn off for some. take your friends and it's fun though.

the clare is my favourite place in sydney, but i haven't been to many. well, i haven't been to many and remembered them afterwards, anyway.

Melbourne - E55
Melbourne - Bimbos
Melbourne - Tunnel (Friday nights)
Perth - Rise
Perth - The Church
Sydney - Home (Sublime on Friday nights)

I really liked Bimbos in Melbourne too. Pity I was horribly tired the day we went so I didn't really get to check it out fully. But thumbs up to the awesome pizzas, the watermelon infused vodka and the bulberators as window decorations ;)