• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Fasoracetam

I used it for 2 months straight and never had any sort of withdrawal or anything of that sort. Theoretically it should be possible but I haven't heard of it being reported, typically when you stop GABAergics after becoming dependant on them you will experience a glutamate rebound effect.

According to this it does modulate glutamate levels: http://www.tianeptine.com/glutamate.html

I never really looked into tianeptine, I assumed it exhibited most of its effects through Serotonin reuptake enhancement and MOR agonism. Interesting.

well, i did experience depression after stopping it. it could be related to glutamate rebound or whatever but im not sure. i guess it depends on individual as you and others i have noticed using it with no problem stopping. and as i said, tianeptine felt very similar which was surprising to me, you might try it too if you had good results from aniracetam

"Another long-term adaptation to opioid use can be upregulation of glutamate and other pathways in the brain which can exert an opioid-opposing effect, so reduce the effects of opioid drugs by altering downstream pathways, regardless of MOR activation"

so taking something like MOR agonist will cause influx of glutamate (which isnt good) but then you can take something to modulate glutamate and kind of balance it out, good idea or no?

what about aniracetam, isnt it also gaba b antagonist since i was reading one report of a person trying both fasoracetam and aniracetam saying they felt similar but i cannot find good literature to explain anything in specific about aniracetam action of effect. as it is usual for most racetams, literature is so scarce...
well, i did experience depression after stopping it. it could be related to glutamate rebound or whatever but im not sure. i guess it depends on individual as you and others i have noticed using it with no problem stopping. and as i said, tianeptine felt very similar which was surprising to me, you might try it too if you had good results from aniracetam

Unfortunately after I am done tapering off of buprenorphine I don't plan to take anything with opioid activity.

As far as trying to down regulate glutamate levels to counter the long term effects of becoming dependant on opioids (upregulation of glutamate being a counter measure for ever increasing tolerance and dependancy to opioids, the brains attempt to maintain a state of homeostasis), I am unsure what would be efficacious for that after the fact. I think finding ways to regulate usage and prevent tolerance and down regulation of opioid receptors would be more realistic. I don't think there is anything to do that effectively after the fact. I would be interested in any research into that.

ULD naltrexone inhibits and reverses the switch in MOR G-protein coupling and restores inhibitory effects of MOR agonists.

"Another long-term adaptation to opioid use can be upregulation of glutamate and other pathways in the brain which can exert an opioid-opposing effect, so reduce the effects of opioid drugs by altering downstream pathways, regardless of MOR activation"

so taking something like MOR agonist will cause influx of glutamate (which isnt good) but then you can take something to modulate glutamate and kind of balance it out, good idea or no?

Oh yes, this might help to explain my strange reactions to opioids (have to say that I strongly suspect to have a, probably gene related, glutamate dysregulation in the sense of too much of it). Full agonists like morphine are strongly dysphoric and don't even relieably alleviate pain while buprenorphine as a partial agonist (don't know how important the delta/kappa antagonism is but it's probably helpful) works as expected. And yes, taking a glutamate modulator (memantine being the only approved one probably, but it's a good one for this usage) along opioids is a good idea. Way, way less tolerance buildup and easy tapering, also reducing glutamate usually means less nociception (?), memantine, especially the stronger ones like (deschloro) & ketamine are strong painkillers. For me they are superior to opioids in most aspects, and also build a reasonable synergy with mu agonists. According to what I've read even DXM gets used by some docs alongside morphine.

Just that the current approach afaik still is - mainly an opioid - if this alone isn't enough, try to augment it.
Maybe it should better be from the beginning a light opioid dose together with slowly titrating memantine (or DXM, if you want - it has a SNRI built in), I'd imagine that we'd see fewer pain patients struggling with opioid dependency than today.

Limpet_Chicken, do you think I could slowly introduce ULN alongside buprenorphine (and hopefully sooner or later, memantine again) to get more out of the bupe or reducing the need of it? Assuming a glutamate / NMDA over-activity (either too much glutamate or too many NMDA receptors, as I don't have seizures and benzos don't help it doesn't seem to be a GABAergic problem.. moreso that too much glu causes too much excitatory inhibition) what is ULN expected to do? Restoration of inhibitory effects sounds pretty good.

Sorry for derailing the thread.

Last edited:
Too much glutamatergic activity doesn't cause inhibiting of excitatory neurotransmission.

The ULD-NTX protocol works by preventing (and if my understanding is correct, also reversing that which has occurred already) a switch between the G-protein coupling that happens on chronic use of opioids, from the naiive state, or nontolerant state with non-regular use of opioids, from Gi/o to Gγ/s (I think, it might be Gbeta/γ I can't remember. But the shift turns the receptors from a (relative to one another) population having low affinity for naltrexone to a far, far higher affinity state, which unlike the MORs with their G-protein coupling to Gi/o are of an excitatory nature, presumably resulting rather than the classical disinhibition of GABA, DA release, inhibition of noradrenergic release and the like, to the inverse thereof, when stimulated by opioid agonists. This produces an unpleasant, nonrewarding and anxiogenic state (and possibly hyperalgesic although this is certainly also mediated through rather than pleasant (for most people) anxiolytic and euphoriant, relaxing effects.) Not sure if emesis via MOR agonism is mediated directly through MOR1 activity or via MOR1D which is an alternatively spliced MOR1 isoform that forms heterodimers with gastrin-releasing peptide receptors, which is responsible for the histamine releasing effects of opioids.

BTW, are there any highly selective agonists, partial agonists, (silent) antagonists, partial inverse or full inverse agonists known for the MOR1d isoform? would be nice to have a moderate strength selective agonist for this splice variant, in order to increase the histamine release in response to IV morphine, because I like it, and by contrast, not DISlike, but in case of strong opioid agonists for MORs that do not possess much histamine releasing effect. To contrast, I actually find a solid, heavy dose of codeine or dihydrocodeine (half a gram, the maximum in case of codeine, or whatever dose of DHC I can get away with with my tolerance, it being possessed of some intrinsic activity, to IV oxycodone, as long as that oxy dose is not ridiculously greater than equipotent to the DHC or codeine dose) Morphine itself, or dipropionylmorphine being my second favourite and favourite (with the exclusion of an injectable poppy pod isolate or dipropionylated mixed alkaloid fraction with a fair bit of codeine removed beforehand to avoid pulmonary oedema. But heroin, seems to provoke less histamine release subjectively speaking than morphine, dipropionylmorphine does make up for the lesser histamine release than morphine by virtue of its incredible rush, incredibly fast (intravenous) onset, high lipophilicity, loooooooong sexy pair of legs and euphoria fit to make god himself drool in his beard. But other than morphine, dipropionylmorphine, pod tea and propionyl-esterified-everything-phenolic mixture that comes from treating pod isolate with the usual acylation protocol for preparation of such phenol esters, then morphine, unesterified, unmodified, save either being a soluble salt or freebase, is one of the fancier and prettiest of all the phenanthrene crown jewels where opioids of such structure are being spoken of. Even stronger opioids such as fentanyl, remifentanil and alfentanil cannot compare, in my estimation. And it seems like too much of a coincidence that of ALL the opioids I've tried, those with the greatest histamine release, and when that includes weaker ones like DHC and codeine, are my favourites. I'd far, far prefer a solid belt of codeine to an equialangesic/equipotent level of fentanyl or remifentanil butyrfentanil or others, either smoked or IV in the case of fent itself or butyrfentanil smoked,. Not QUITE sure about alfentanil as I haven't had it many times. And I've only had remifentanil IV, likewise alfentanyl I've only had it shot, never smoked it. No POINT in smoking remifent because its way too short acting, like a hooker that will blow you a kiss but snatches her arm away before its even halfway to grasping her hand around a proffered payment (I don't USE hookers, never have never will. I have too much respect for autistic girls to do that anyway even IF I thought I had a chance of finding a Kanner's autie hooker, or even aspie, I'd not wish to engage in activity and degrade them at all in such way), but yeah, remifentanil is just...in and out without even time to shake it all about. BARELY time to have a part of a rollup before it is metabolically wiped out. I would't mind trying a blunt soaked in a solvent solution of it, or a decent sized IM depot shot, but its the ultimate pricktease of an opioid. Might as well be an endogenous opioid peptide for all the length that one lasts. Only any good via a constant infusion, and when that be ceased then its gone within minutes.

Anyhow derailment aside, I am unsure about ULD-naltrexone and partial agonists, does naltrexone even displace bupe? I'm busy eating a chilli con carnage (that is to say, my dad cooked the chilli, and *I* make chili con carnE, because he, adds neither chick-peas, nor adds from neither jar of peppery boletus nor my bags and bags of dried fly agaric. And to me, a chili isn't a chili at all if it hasn't at least the dried Amanita, preferably the Chalciporus as well but its just not a proper chili without a spoonful or two of fly agaric mushroom powder)

The mechanisms of memantine or other NMDAR antagonists and of ULD-NTX are different. Theres both the increase in excitatory, glutamatergic signaling in response to chronic MOR agonist application which increases tolerance. And the switch from inhibitory to excitatory MOR types via the alteration in G-protein coupling. These excitatory MORs are however far higher in affinity for naltrexone than the inhibitory (basline) type, naltrexone binds to filamin-a and prevents (and I believe also) reverses this process but does not impact the glutamatergic (ionotropic receptors, MORs also heterodimerize with one of the metabotropic glutamate receptors, I forget which but its in one of the wikipedia articles on opioids/dependence etc. so being higher affinity by orders of magnitude NTLX is capable of selective binding to the excitatory type and preventing agonist binding, as well as the effects on filamin-a which prevents the G-protein switching.

Please explain what precisely you mean by excitatory inhibition? in MORs coupled to Gi/o then agonists induce disinhibition via GABAergic mechanisms as I understand it, leading to in part their inhibitory properties

Also, it seems like not only NMDARs but AMPARs are involved in regulation of addiction at least. This may not hold true for classical opioids that do not cause tachyphylaxis-type tolerance and strongly internalizing effects upon MORS, because fentanyl and its derivatives bind in a distinct, separate modality from morphinan opioids and most other opioids also.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19295508

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC545084/ this too is quite interesting.

Edit-afterthought:

Bear in mind that memantine is quite different from most other NMDA antagonists, such as DXM/DXO, because memantine induces a ligand-gated antagonism of the NMDAR, but unlike other antagonists that voltage-gated antagonist property results in antagonism only (at lower doses, it is, at high doses, indeed dissociative, I've tried it that way and liked it, although it is very long lasting) but at clinical doses then weather or not it antagonizes NMDAR mediated calcium flux in response to agonism via glutamate or aspartate depends on the degree of agonism, too high a degree of NMDAR stimulation (excitatory) trips that voltage threshold then the antagonism proper of memantine.

How does ULD-NTX interact wish partial MOR agonists like bupe, etc. / and how do partial agonists, interact with beta-arrestins, filaminn-a and G-protein coupling?

Last edited:
Even more histamine release with Morphine? Isn't Codeine dangerous to IV because of excessive histamine release? I found IV Morphine histamine release to be overwhelming and painful (in a good way) but wouldn't you run into the same problem as is had with codeine with having too much of a histamine release?

i assume ULD means ultra low dose? sometimes its good to at least explain the abbreviation at least once before you use it 10 times again...

palmanita, so do you take memantine in combination with an opiate or is this just your theory that its a good idea to combine the two? im wondering, is it better to use memantine on and off in between opiate usage or if combining the two is a good idea at all?
from what i got from memantine is a dissociative state that wasnt much fun for me. even DXM felt more natural at times. so im thinking if i combined that with an opiate, i wont be able to function at all thats why i question the idea of combining it same time. but as you said, its good idea to somehow reverse tolerance? therefore, isnt it just a good idea to do it on and off in between or after opiate use?

Ues, ULD-ultra low dose. In the region of a few micrograms per dose at first (1-3ug at first, eventually going up slowly,microgram or two by microgram or two as user feels useful

Well yes, but I was more thinking somewhere of a happy medium.

Whilst at the doses I often take (1-1.25g is the sweet spot for me with morphine sulfate. The rush is fucking fantastic. I know no dose of codeine or DHC could compare to that simply as the liver enzymes cannot process so much codeine as to provide an equipotent dose. But even shooting a whole box of oxynorm/lynlor then its barely worth doing, next to sod all rush unless I toss in some morphia just to provide thathistamine release. NOT fun if any extravasates though, or goes in subcuut. YOWCH!7
That feels like sticking my arm/foot into a wasps nest and giving it a good kick (kicking the nest that is, not my arm, although truth told if doing a dose of morphine that size then theres little difference if one misses any of that large a shot:p

I USED to get plenty histamine release with chlormethiazole, but not anymore, not now I am used to it taking it twice daily.Wish that hadn't worn off.

thats way too low naltrexone. considering they have it as much as 50mg pill? so how does it even work in such micro doses, its crazy. why, is it that bad to actually take normal dose or what?

For opioid tolerance reduction using ULD naltrexone, then the point is not simply to kick opioids off the receptors (native opioid peptides with MOR affinity included) and induce upregulation of MORs. At the ultra-low doses used in ULD naltrexone protocols, it binds filamin-a, and via that mechanism (I think, I don't think thats a separate mode of action) prevents the switch from low-affinity (for naltrexone, and low affinity relatively speaking) MORs with the usual inhibitory response to agonist application, which are coupled to Gi/Go, and which as such cause activation of intracellular second messenger processes of inhibitory type action. Whilst regular/chronic MOR agonist use induces, in addition to the NMDAr and AMPAR ionotropic glutamatergic receptors, a switch from this classic MOR type, coupled to these inhibitory G proteins a switch to excitatory ones, that results in these MORs being excitatory and anxiogenic/pro-pain-signalling, and that you generally do not want hanging around nor being activated. THIS type, on the other hand in contrast with the lower-affinity 'standard' MORs, have FAR higher affinity for naltrexone, enabling the use of ultramicrodosing of naltrexone to selectively block this excitatory population of mu-opioid receptors, and also not only prevent further conversion to these shitty little buggers, but also afaik, actually actively reverses the association of this NTLX-high affinity state, excitatory MORs to induce reassociation with the inhibitory Gi/o type G-proteins.

So no, it isn't too low. I've read of a guy that tested himself who was on doses of hydromorphone that even I would (and do) consider fucking insane. And within a month or two was able to drop from 70mg plus doses multiple times a day to tapering off on codeine then dropping totally. Stuff in really low doses like that seemingly potentiates the opioid drug too. The clinical doses from 25-50mg are intended for addicts who have actually quit, and who need to have something working to actually prevent activity if they DO relapse. So if they do, the receptor blockade induced by full typical clinical NTLX doses physically prevents the opioid taken when they relapse from having any effect.

TOTALLY different principle from ULD naltrexone. Nothing whatsoever in common between the two dose regimens save only opioid use and the presence of the naltrexone. Other than that it may as well be another drug entirely.
At the tiny microdosing ranges in ULD-NTLX the effect is utterly different, and does not pprevent binding of opiates/opioids to the classic inhibitory MOR type.

I was a fool not to utilize ULD Naltrexone when I was in active use. Although, I never thought very far ahead. I had a milk jug full of Naltrexone and water solution made and just never bothered.

If it's so effective then why don't we see more of a push towards implementing this in conjunction with all legitimate opioid prescriptions? OxyNorm was trialed and produced and it's a shame that it hasn't seen more widespread usage.

what about nalmefene, its says its very similar to naltrexone and works the same way but i never read about it before.

Oxynorm is just IR oxycodone. I take it myself. Same stuff as lynlor,just instant release oxy without other active ingredients. Capsules containing either 5,10 or 20mg oxy. DEFINITELY no naltrexone, naloxone or any other kind of MOR antagonist, because I shoot the stuff witth my rx sulfate of morphia a lot of the time and am a chronic pain patient physically dependent upon full agonist opioids so the presence of an antagonist would land me in a whole world of fucking nasty shit.

I must have that confused with something else. I had read of a preperation of Oxycodone with ULDN being prescribed, although it may have been done at compounding pharmacies. My point still stands, the research is out there and it has been utilized in an official capacity and it has the potential to improve pain med patients quality of life.

Certainly it does, ligaturd. I was merely pointing out that oxynorm is not what you thought it to be. I'd know, I've been taking it for breakthrough several times day, for quite some time.

Unfortunately after I am done tapering off of buprenorphine I don't plan to take anything with opioid activity.

As far as trying to down regulate glutamate levels to counter the long term effects of becoming dependant on opioids (upregulation of glutamate being a counter measure for ever increasing tolerance and dependancy to opioids, the brains attempt to maintain a state of homeostasis), I am unsure what would be efficacious for that after the fact. I think finding ways to regulate usage and prevent tolerance and down regulation of opioid receptors would be more realistic. I don't think there is anything to do that effectively after the fact. I would be interested in any research into that.

Guys, aniractam has POWERFUL sertonergic and dopamiergic effects. this is most likely the cause for the depression.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006899301029390

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1527-3458.2002.tb00216.x/pdf

No I haven't tried any selevtive racetams yet. I am very true into nootropics.

Originally Posted by Ligaturd
Aniracetams metabolite N-Anisoyl-GABA is a gaba receptor agonist (not sure about selectivity) but it modulates glutamate levels. It simultaneously has nootropic effects and anxiolytic effects. That combined with Coluracetam pretty much temporarily got rid of my anxiety and depression when I was in the midst of a psychotic break. It's definitely in my top 3 racetams but no, it isn't an antagonist.

Fasoracetam is theorized to be an antagonist as it is supposed to upregulate GABA b, but it also has anxiolytic effects which seems counter intuitive to me. A GABA a antagonist would most likely excitatory damage, prevent any regulation of glutamate activity, cause extreme anxiety and probably even psychosis.

^Ligaturd, what makes you think GABA B antagonists would cause psychosis? they've been hypothesized to share some similar pathways (potassium channels) as the D2 channels, and GABA B agonists are contraindicated in thoses with psycosis disorders.

I do worry about people who taking it dependent on GHB, phenibut, GBL, baclofen, or sodium oxybate, though. Antagonizing the GABA B receptors, is going to leave their D2 receptors unopposed and result in a GABA B in a hyperdopaminergic state - which could cause delerium, hallucinations (all senses), paranoia, delusions...pretty much all psychotomimetic symptoms of GABA B withdrawal syndrome.

GABA B antagonists would prevent excitatory damage in the thalamorcortical circuits and other areas of the brains for whom GABA A of those with absence epilepsy for whom excessive activation of the low voltage gated t type calcium channel and the spike and wave discharges it produces. These low threshold spikes occur evey where in the brain as the incredibly powerful inhibition caused by GABA B slowly shifts the membrane potential from hyperpolarized to depolarized.

Othewise, all this effect has in healthy people is to enhance the perception of consciousness, ie hyopmana. A GABA B antagonist would actually have some anticonvullsant action going for it compared to an agonist.:

1: It will block presynaptic GABA B receptors, increasing GABA release from presynaptic GABA B receptors, increasing signalling at GABA A receptors.
2: It decreases T-type calcium channel activation, and subsequent spike-and-wave formation.

Not its seizure-inducing effects would be:

1: GABA B Postsynaptic antagonism, blocking inward rectifying potassium channels, and subsequent, powerful - although these GIRK channels ARE the ones that open the T-type excitatory, glutamate-releasing, calcium channels - which proved even more intense hypepolarization than the GABA A receptor (were it not for the many feedback mechanisms, ie: presynaptic GABA cutoff via autorecteptors, excitatory depolarizations via massive t-type calcium channel activation, this receptor would probably just as respiratory depressant as the MOR)

GABA B antagonists have been shown to be anticonvulsant in many animal models of epilepsy. The only types of seizures they actually cause are absence seizures, and they only time you are likely to have any other type of seizure from a GABA B agonist - not phenibut, though, as that is not convulsant - is when withdrawawing from either long, term, high dosage medical usage, or recreational usage, or a combination of some of them. And then you will have tonic-clonic seizures.

but not absence seuizeres, as your GABA B presynaptic receptors are firing at massive rates now (this is why I always slept nonstop the first day a day half - despite waking up a lot seizing, not being able to stand or drink, pissing myself, or talk.) It's the lack of presynaptic calcium channel inhibition - and massive NT release, and lack of postysnaptic GABA B activation, and subsequent lack of persistent, powerful depolarazitons that cause these seizures. The lack of T type calcium channel and GABA release inhibition in the thalamocoritical circuit guarantee protection against an absence attack.

I also think a lot of the reason many people like fasoracetam and the reason the they don't get extreme anxiety from it is because of the antagonism from at GABA B receptors, which cause a massive efflux of GABA from the presynaptic receptors, allowing both GABA A (the benzo/booze, bartiurate) as well as the GABA B. Which will be potentiated by GABA T, which as too much GABA is can be released than can be broken down, the synaptic cleft will get flooded and receptors saturated. :)

All the while the fasoracetam is slowly making their GABA B agonists' magic start to come back to life.

^ULD naltrexone by that logic is just inducing upregulation by virture of antagonism right?

^Asecin, Tianeptine will modulate the AMPA and NMDA glutamate receptors for as the duration of the drug lasts. It would always work on these channels for however long this drug is in your body. It's pharmacology will never change: it will always work on the AMPA and NMDA ionophere.

And tianeptine's effects on the MOR are insignificant on its therapeutic and nootropic effects; you actually need quite large/many times the therapeutic dose to even feel the mu opioid effects. It's serotonergic effects are weak as well. It has much more pronounced effects on dopamine receptors and ionotropic glutamate receptors.

I'm just kind of mad with got stuck with this one. Amineptine would have been better...

Asecin...

I doubt it is because of the glutamate that aniracetam and tianeptine feel familiar too you.

It is more likely due to the fact that both tianeptine and aniracetam both have profound serotonergic and dopaminergic effects in the brain.

I think you mean to use different words. With chronic opioid abuse or treatment, downregulation occurs, that is when the cell will actively decrease the amount of the available receptor protein in order to maintain cellular homeostasis in the presensce an exogenous ligand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downregulation_and_upregulation

You use the "coupling" kind of vaguely. "coupling" kind of just refers to GPCRs. Are you just referring to the inhibition and reverse in the switch in the switch the mu opioid GIRK channels downregulation process?

It's not just low dose naltrexone that would work. theoretically, taking a massive dose would work too (not that I am recommending this - I am just going based off of receptor occupancy levels and upregulation rates)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10494996

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/3tnsmb/fasoracetam_is_euphoric_at_higher_doses/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9272724

Aniracetam:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1527-3458.2002.tb00216.x/pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniracetam

Monoaminergic MechanismIn vivo microdialysis technique in freely moving SHRSP was used to ascertain the effectsof aniracetam and its metabolites on dopaminergic and serotonergic systems, DA and5-HT release (59,85).The studies demonstrated first a uniform deficit in dopaminergic neurotransmission inthe nigrostriatal and mesocorticolimbic pathways in SHRSP, as evidenced by a reducedDA release in various brain regions (dorsal hippocampus, basolateral amygdala, nucleusaccumbens shell, striatum, and PFC) (59). By systemic administration aniracetam 30 and100 mgkg p.o., dose-dependently and selectively increased the extracellular levels ofDA, 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetic acid, homovanillic acid, and 5-HT in the dorsal hippocampus,basolateral amygdala and PFC of SHRSP (59). The aniracetam-sensitive regionsappear to play an essential role in the regulation of emotion and mood, motivation, sleepwakefulnessand cognition with anatomical and functional connections among those regions(35,36). Therefore, the site-specific activation in the mesocorticolimbic dopaminergicand serotonergic pathways strongly suggests possible therapeutic use of aniracetam inthe treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders caused by psychological and physical stressand stimuli.At 100 mgkg p.o. aniracetam elicited DA and 5-HT release in the PFC. This effectwas mimicked solely by local infusion of N-anisoyl-GABA,1 ìM, into the VTA and DRN,respectively (85). The effects of oral aniracetam and local N-anisoyl-GABA on DA and5-HT release were completely blocked by local perfusion of mecamylamine, 100 ìM, intothe same areas. Additionally, p-anisic acid, 1 and 10 ìM, enhanced DA release and N-anisoyl-GABA,0.1 and 1 ìM, increased 5-HT release in the same region when they were infusedinto the PFC, while aniracetam, 1 ìM, had no effect. Therefore, in contrast to previousspeculations (23), the authors deny possible involvement of AMPA receptors notonly in the VTA and DRN, but also in the terminal regions. Furthermore, these findingsindicate that N-anisoyl-GABA and p-anisic acid are responsible for the monoamine releaseelicited by orally administered aniracetam. They also suggest that the effects of N-anisoyl-GABAmay be mediated by nACh receptors (á3â4-subtype and possibly á4â2-subtypebut not á subtype) (1,103) and by NMDA receptors (67) in the VTA and DRN.

Last edited: