• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Fasoracetam and gaba receptor recovery

I think I remember hearing about GABA B auto receptors... Baclofen is a selective GABA B agonist muscle relaxer that in my experience is very anxiolytic so I'm confused on this whole matter as well.

Im also still confused on how Aniracetam can be anxiolytic without having GABA properties too so by extension just because fasoracetam has anxiolytic properties doesn't necessarily mean it has GABA properties too

I'm excited to try this soon. I've been using Phenibut on and off for the past 4 years and this would be a great drug to help curb my dose or bring back the initial effects.

I take Alpha-GPC daily along with Uridine to balance out the cognitive effects of the phenibut. When I started taking the Alpha-GPC (1g-1.5g/day) I noticed an increase in the effects of the phenibut. I honestly feel that you cannot forget that Fasoracetam is still a racetam beyond it's effect on GABAb. Those experiencing anxiety may be due to the effects on acetylcholine and not due to the GABAb "antagonism".

Aniracetam is thought to not be very active at all on it's own but it's metabolites are responsible for the nootropic and anxiolytic effects. The metabolites are N-anisoyl-GABA, 2-pyrrolidone, and anisic acid. N-anisoyl-GABA is what is responsible for the anxiolytic effects.

On longecity there are a few reports of adverse reactions (increased anxiety) but they seem rare. There aren't many comprehensive studies on it, just one showing that it increased GABA b receptor density in the brains of mice. It is suspected to be an antagonist and likely is but we still need more research. I am just going to stick with Aniracetam and Coluracetam for now. I have 5 grams of Fasoracetam for another time to trial on it's own.

I am hoping that it is safe to take and the effects and functionality are what they appear to be thus far because it really seems like it would be a highly beneficial racetam for myself and my anxiety issues.

having been on somewhat of a multi-year booze, benzo, g, phenibut and gabapentin gabagoround I was starting to get a little.... jumpy. Anyhow, after an extended period of time I got sick of it, ordered several grams of fasoracetam and in my personal experience found it wonderful for both helping a taper
along and "restoring the magic" of PB, which i intend to keep by using it very sparingly. It also seems to mitigate somewhat the immediate withdrawal response
of both PB and G.

What's your experience with fasoracetam and gabapentin withdrawal? Or anything regarding recovering from gabapentin would be helpful, for that matter. Thanks

I posted earlier in this thread that I'm using fasoracetam to try and get off or greatly reduce a phenibut/gabapentin addiction. I'm currently down to 670 mg on the phenibut without any issues so far. As I stated I was using about 3400 mg for about year to try and reduce symptoms of polyneuropathy. So I hope to slowly continue my taper on the phenibut and then if successful go after the gabapentin. Wish me luck. From what I've heard I'll need it.

I posted earlier in this thread that I'm using fasoracetam to try and get off or greatly reduce a phenibut/gabapentin addiction. I'm currently down to 670 mg on the phenibut without any issues so far. As I stated I was using about 3400 mg for about year to try and reduce symptoms of polyneuropathy. So I hope to slowly continue my taper on the phenibut and then if successful go after the gabapentin. Wish me luck. From what I've heard I'll need it.
Thanks for the quick response. You are doing a great job with the pb and I'm glad the faso is working for you! Also, I do wish you luck getting off the gabapentin. I need some luck, as well. I've been abusing it for the past year and have tried to quit countless times. It is very underrated and most people think that it has no withdrawal symptoms. I've been looking for something other than pb or kratom to help with this problem. That's why I had hope for the faso but seems it only works with gaba-b and apparently gabapentin has nothing to do with it.

Well I'll take one addiction over two any day. Three actually due to my Kratom/Oxy addiction for this nasty disease I have. I'm so glad all this happened to me in my 60s and not in my 20s. If it kills me or I have to kill me at this point it's no great loss. I've done my best work and had adventures galore. I'm so glad I didn't adopt for adulthood, career, marriage, kids etc. and instead romped and played like a kid in the wild to the end. So I'm going to accept whatever happens now with some grace and surrender. I wish you the best of luck also.

Yeah so I tried this twice at 10-20mgs and it made me overstimulated and anxious. Compared to the Aniracetam and Coluracetam, this is the only one that did that to me. Maybe I am sensitive to the GABA b antagonism. I have a predisposition to anxiety already. I will wait to touch this stuff again until there is some solid research on this.

Gabapentin is weird. Up the thread someone says "Thoroughly disproved as gaba-b agonist" but provided no link, that's news to me. Read the study, seems they're right :

In addition, in both CA1 and CA3 pyramidal neurones from rodent hippocampal slices we were unable to demonstrate any agonist-like effects of gabapentin at either pre- or post-synaptic GABA(B) receptors. In contrast, gabapentin activated a GABA(A) receptor mediated chloride conductance. Our data suggest that gabapentin is not a GABA(B)-receptor agonist let alone a GABA(B) receptor subunit selective agonist.

Very, very weird. I haven't messed with faso SPECIFICALLY for nuerontin, I was using it sporadically with the main problems - alcohol and phenibut. So I can't say much about the nuerontin, which I have used very successfully to taper phenibut, which is remarkable considering it is NOT a gaba-b agonist... that's real weird to me. I can say now that I'm off any pheni or anything that faso definitely seems to cause some anxiety, as I'd expect an antagonist at gaba-b to do, I was taking it more like junkies take small doses of naltrexone with a full agonist, to prevent/reverse tolerance while on the drug that did what I wanted - so I didn't notice much of the anxiety re gaba activation ;) I have noticed since that episode has ended I have left it alone, although my gaba system is still rightly jacked and I am considering a week run of it and just dealing with the anxiety, as I suspect afterwards I may feel a bit better...

I just got my order of Fasoracetam, Rhodiola Rosea 3% Rosavins (15grams) and Rhodiola Rosea 3% Salidroside.. Anyways I was wondering what is this upregulation talk and stuff about Fasoracetam and gaba-b?a? ... What would happen if you were to take Fasoraceteam + Xanax? Would it be dangerous or just not really doing anything??

The same question goes for the Rhodiola Rosea 3% Rosavin and Salidroside?? I took a small little test dose of the Rosavin 3% stuff but it was just a little "test" dose... Would the Rosavin kind be a good one to combo with a benzo (at resonable doses)?

Any info on these 3 supplements in regards to taking them with (or without) a benzo (xanax and klonopin).. I am just wondering sense they all have to do with GABA-b/GABA-a stuff?

From reading reports online this Rhodiola Rosea 3% Rosavin and Fasoracetam seem very promising with many good reports... So any info would be helpful, thanks guys.

I've taken a long look at a lot of these nootropic sites. So many sell 'formulas' i.e. no list of chemicals in them. What get's me is that if you feed some plants with certain agents, they will end up in the plant so it's a way to get around the new UK laws - obfuscation is the name of the game. I can honestly see that in the next decade, drug agencies will be faced with treating totally undiscovered (officially) drugs. I see that fluorenol could well be habit forming. If esterified (i.e. a prodrug) then it would be much less abusable but heck, how many of these makers truly care for anything except the next £....

I just got my order of Fasoracetam, Rhodiola Rosea 3% Rosavins (15grams) and Rhodiola Rosea 3% Salidroside.. Anyways I was wondering what is this upregulation talk and stuff about Fasoracetam and gaba-b?a? ... What would happen if you were to take Fasoraceteam + Xanax? Would it be dangerous or just not really doing anything??

The same question goes for the Rhodiola Rosea 3% Rosavin and Salidroside?? I took a small little test dose of the Rosavin 3% stuff but it was just a little "test" dose... Would the Rosavin kind be a good one to combo with a benzo (at resonable doses)?

Any info on these 3 supplements in regards to taking them with (or without) a benzo (xanax and klonopin).. I am just wondering sense they all have to do with GABA-b/GABA-a stuff?

From reading reports online this Rhodiola Rosea 3% Rosavin and Fasoracetam seem very promising with many good reports... So any info would be helpful, thanks guys.
Rhodiola has nothing to do with gaba, also in 500mg it causes insomnia for me and some memory impairment, but that depends on the med combo i take,

Adaptogens are generally good to take, theres no special synergy with benzos, ashwaghanda may synerguze as it activates gabaa and b.

Fasoracetam and benzos mat be synergetic, some report it to be anxiolytic, it appesrs to reverse phenibut tolerance but users report sone sort of blocking effect too, some sort of pational agonist it sounds like

Gabapentin is weird. Up the thread someone says "Thoroughly disproved as gaba-b agonist" but provided no link, that's news to me. Read the study, seems they're right :

In addition, in both CA1 and CA3 pyramidal neurones from rodent hippocampal slices we were unable to demonstrate any agonist-like effects of gabapentin at either pre- or post-synaptic GABA(B) receptors. In contrast, gabapentin activated a GABA(A) receptor mediated chloride conductance. Our data suggest that gabapentin is not a GABA(B)-receptor agonist let alone a GABA(B) receptor subunit selective agonist.

Very, very weird. I haven't messed with faso SPECIFICALLY for nuerontin, I was using it sporadically with the main problems - alcohol and phenibut. So I can't say much about the nuerontin, which I have used very successfully to taper phenibut, which is remarkable considering it is NOT a gaba-b agonist... that's real weird to me. I can say now that I'm off any pheni or anything that faso definitely seems to cause some anxiety, as I'd expect an antagonist at gaba-b to do, I was taking it more like junkies take small doses of naltrexone with a full agonist, to prevent/reverse tolerance while on the drug that did what I wanted - so I didn't notice much of the anxiety re gaba activation ;) I have noticed since that episode has ended I have left it alone, although my gaba system is still rightly jacked and I am considering a week run of it and just dealing with the anxiety, as I suspect afterwards I may feel a bit better...
The easiest completely painfree way to get off phenibut is a week of diaxepam or clonazepam, i take phenibut everyday but run out all the time which is no bother as i take clonaz

agsin theres no reason to go trough any pain, a week or even less of baclofen, diazepam or clonazepam and you are completely withdrawal free completely painless

Sorry I'd like to correct myself here, it turns out Gabapentin probably is a subunit selective GABA - b agonist, and the studies checking for affinity probably didn't use cell cultures expressing this somewhat rare receptor. Hippocampal cells from patients with epilepsy don't have the GABA-B gb1a-gb2 either apparently.

I'm bumping this as I'm currently trying to withdraw from a two year daily Phenibut and Gabapentin addiction. This all happened due to ignorance and a scary disease I have. Both have been very helpful for nerve pain. But I want to try and get off now to see if the disease process is healing. I've been using Fasoracetam and Aniracetam as a stack as I decrease my Phenibut dose. I've come down from 3400mg per day to as of today 1050. I'm doing a 10% taper per week right now although I went much faster before I got this low. So far I've had no issues and in fact I feel better than I have in quite awhile.

So I'm hoping anyone else that's trying this may have some input here. I need all the encouragement and advice I can get.
Gabapentin is nasty people who say it has no withdrawal have clearly never taken it long term. They say it does not act as a gaba agonist, but what it does Is block calcium that is delivered via glutamate, it is also said to slightly increase gaba. So over time as your body is trying to reach homeostasis it makes less gaba and starts creating more ways to deliver calcium to the brain and body. If glutamate is the gun, calcium is the bullet. So while gabapentin acts a lot like xanax it works in a very different way, yet the Withdrawals are pretty much identical. You can do it though. I've made it to the other side of gabapentin. There is a type 9f magnesium that crosses the blood brain barrier. Some people get amazing results from that. However if you are polly drugged you have to be real careful with supplement, herbs, and pretty much everything. A slow taper , distracting yourself, not focusing on your symptoms, and acceptance is the best thing you can do.

Gabapentin is nasty people who say it has no withdrawal have clearly never taken it long term. They say it does not act as a gaba agonist, but what it does Is block calcium that is delivered via glutamate, it is also said to slightly increase gaba. So over time as your body is trying to reach homeostasis it makes less gaba and starts creating more ways to deliver calcium to the brain and body. If glutamate is the gun, calcium is the bullet. So while gabapentin acts a lot like xanax it works in a very different way, yet the Withdrawals are pretty much identical. You can do it though. I've made it to the other side of gabapentin. There is a type 9f magnesium that crosses the blood brain barrier. Some people get amazing results from that. However if you are polly drugged you have to be real careful with supplement, herbs, and pretty much everything. A slow taper , distracting yourself, not focusing on your symptoms, and acceptance is the best thing you can do.

just used gabapentin for opiate withdraw I took gabapentin 7 days and got through opiate withdraw now wondering should I expect a withdraw from gabapentin from 7 days high dose usage ?

No, after 7 days you should be fine, if you've never been addicted to it before anyway. Gabapentin is a miracle drug for opiate withdrawals but you definitely have to be willing to stop after 7 days.