Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

F&T's Top 100 Horror Movies

^The original came out in 1984. Wes Craven's New Nightmare came out 10 years later.

Ah cheers, I think I was referring to when I saw it, not when it was made. It might have been the late 80's that I first saw it, we saw it on VHS I think, as I recall seeing it at one of my old houses with a heap of others when we were a heap younger. Everything [usually] comes out a fair bit later in Aus too, we have been constantly jibbed with movie releases over the yrs, some come out alot later over here than in America and possibly other parts of the world. These days they are sometimes doing world premieres for certain movies, but not always, I think I recall they sometimes do stepped releases so the stars can goto the premieres of some of the different countries. And in terms of tv shows it's also been very bad here with us having to wait sometimes years for things to come on tv here, but these days with broadband the networks here are slowly having to pick up the pace a bit or else everyone (or alot of ppl) are just DL'ing the shows/seasons, so the networks are doing what they call 'fast tracking' and releasing certain things the day after America.

23. Anti Christ (2009)

A very disturbing movie and as per the Doniken newspaper "a grotesque masterpiece"!

Sorry for the tiny images, I have imageshack but I haven't dl'd java lols

Last edited:
This thread is blowing my effing mind! OMG I am in love.....so many bad ass horror movies to watch now!

Kudos for posting Battle Royale! And Hausu looks awesome!

btw has anyone posted Videodrome yet? That film is quite unnerving.

Damn right! I loved battle royale and no videodrome hasn't been posted yet.

Videodrome

(1983)

I happened to randomly come across this film a few weeks ago and it did indeed disturb me so!!! It is set in an alternate future where people and videos and starting to fuse into one reality and media has become more about shock than anything else since everyone has become desensitized.

tumblr_ly0o2xy6wm1qjp24go1_500.gif

videodrome-movie.jpg

videodrome_3.jpg

I'm just a sucker for japanese cinema, 9 times out of 10. And full length anime movies oh that is my shit.....8o

^ I'm no stranger to Japanese cinema (I've seen about 150 classic Japanese films this year alone!), but I had a hard time making it through 'House' while I was sober. It's zany and has some batshit insane moments, but other than that it makes about zero sense and some scenes are just....bad. That said, there's really no other movie like it.

Hey Ozekat Cronenberg is awesome, he has a lot of movies that would be worth checking out

What's the deal on posting stuff that's already been posted? Two of my favourite horror films were posted on page 1 (Night of the Living Dead and Village of the Damned)

Was tossing up between Polanski's The Tenant and a Mario Bava film, I think I'll go with

shock.jpg

though Mario Bava has too many films to choose from that creep me the fuck out lol

20. Ravenous

ravenous-dvd-cover.jpg

People eating people this one's really disturbing. I have seen this years ago but man this gave me creeps and my stomach turned upside down lol.

+1 for Ravenous, great soundtrack too

19- Blood on Satan's Claw
it might sound cheesy but it's a great witchcraft flick with some creepy pagan/devil-worshipping kids in it, a surprisingly disturbing movie

BloodSatansClaw.jpg

^^^^^^^^
LOL! Wow, that is some pure cheesy horror special effects right there, got to love it!

Glad some people noticed me posting Videodrome, I swear it is a quite fucked movie with very weird sound effects/soundtrack.....disturbing.

Hey Ozekat Cronenberg is awesome, he has a lot of movies that would be worth checking out

Oh yeah, sweet jones, like what?

^Of his horrors I enjoyed Scanners, The Dead Zone, The Fly, and The Brood. Be advised that I was quite a bit younger (high school) and really high or better for all of those except The Fly, which certainly figured in my enjoyment. Videodrome is better than any of those in my opinion, though. Of his non-horrors Eastern Promises, A History of Violence, Existenz, and Naked Lunch are good. The first two of those are easy for film viewers with more standard tastes to enjoy. Existenz is one of my favorite movies but is divisive (I think partially because it was marketed as like "The Matrix," and lots of people felt betrayed when there was no slow-motion bullet dodging). "Naked Lunch" is a bizarre film about an exterminator/writer who trips off his insecticide. It's based on William Burroughs' "unfilmable" novel, and after seeing Cronenberg's take on it I sort of understand why the book was described that way.

Last edited:
How about A Serbian Film? It's a bad movie but the depravity of it is worth a mention....

Oh and His Name Is Frank, I don't know sites but if you've got an android phone, you need the "video mix pro" app; they've got links for dozens of Internet streaming sites, and almost every TV show and movie ever made, including the latest ones in the cinema for free. You can download it directly from the "aptoide" website.

Last edited:
17. The Lords of Salem

1-lords-of-salem.jpg

The least goriest movie of Rob Zombie. A lot of people may not agree with me but I believe that this is his most artistic work so far. I really liked how the scenes portray deeper meanings into them.

17. The Lords of Salem

1-lords-of-salem.jpg

The least goriest movie of Rob Zombie. A lot of people may not agree with me but I believe that this is his most artistic work so far. I really liked how the scenes portray deeper meanings into them.
Thanks for reminding me of this (I had no way to see it theatrically the last time I looked into it). Rob Zombie's flicks are pretty divisive, but his aesthetic sense of horror, or maybe just a nostalgic sense of horror films from the 70s and 80s, seriously taps into a vein in my memory that I really appreciate. One day when I'm less inebriated circumstances will be just right to inspire me to do a rant about what I mean in critical theory mode.