• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids F-Phenibut Megathread

Damn guess its time for to get sum edumacation. brb
my bad
😁
lemme fiddin da see what this may be....

So is it hcl or faa or neither? i think I get it a little. It hits harder on gabab? Basically?
So there's phenibut, which is β-Phenyl-γ-aminobutyric acid... and then there's f-phenibut which is β-(4-flourophenyl)-GABA... not a chemistry wiz.. but basically f-phenibut is baclofen with the chlorine replaced by a fluorine.

Either one can be FAA or HCL depending on how it's made. Yep, totally different substance, although similar. Shorter duration, faster onset, more potent by mg, and imo more sedating.

thinking of getting 5g of it, found phenibut not that great, pretty lame to be honest.

thinking of getting 5g of it, found phenibut not that great, pretty lame to be honest.
I do like phenibut, but my first impressions of f-phenibut have been really positive... I might prefer it I'm just not sure yet. Definitely helped with anxiety and relaxation, was nice not having to wait 4 hours for it to kick in too.

It is more sedating than regular phenibut, more baclofen like, with more selective action as a GABA-B agonist than phenibut.

I don't find phenibut euphoric, but it does have a mania that can be enjoyable (which f-phenibut doesn't really produce). This most likely is a result of phenibut's more prominent action on VDCC's, which underlies the mania that pregabalin can produce. Stronger and more preferential action as a GABA-B agonist generally makes these compounds less recreational and increases side-effects like nausea and increases sedation.

It is fast acting though, and can actually be used on the spot as a sleep aid (especially when f-phenibut FAA is used sublingually). Don't try f-phenibut hcl sublingually, it will burn you (i know from experience).

("I'll check back in" said every BLer before failing to check in- I REALLY WILL THOUGH)
Hah! Facts there...
deficiT- how do you find it stacks up to phenibut in terms of compulsion to redose?
I feel it could definitely potentially be a little more habit forming. I didn't get any great compulsion from it or anything, but yeah, once I realized I wasn't quite where I wanted to be with it, it was pretty easy to convince myself to redose. Once it plateaued I was pretty satisfied with it and just let it roll through. I enjoyed it personally. I also don't have any desire to redose with phenibut particularly. I think I'm gonna try it again tomorrow for work, so I'll see how that goes.

It can be a little more compulsive on account of its quicker onset but it still takes a couple of hours to come on so it's not very compulsive. I also get no compulsion to redose (or to dose in the first place) from phenibut even though I love it, and have been addicted to it). I have had some for quite some time and generally when I want the phenibut state I just go with phenibut. I prefer it.

It can be a little more compulsive on account of its quicker onset but it still takes a couple of hours to come on so it's not very compulsive. I also get no compulsion to redose (or to dose in the first place) from phenibut even though I love it, and have been addicted to it). I have had some for quite some time and generally when I want the phenibut state I just go with phenibut. I prefer it.
Weird. Maybe I'm mistaken but I don't think it took very long at all to come on for me.

Takes a while for me but phenibut also takes about 4 or 5 hours to come on fully for me, don't even get a hint of effect for 2 hours or so. I have read of people coming up from phenibut in a much shorter time. I suspect we're all a bit different in this regard.

yeah I have effects the next day from f-phenibut. Honestly it's not that much shorter than phenibut for me, even though it is shorter.

I would like to update a bit. In my last post I wrote that I would never use fluorophenibut ever again.

But stupid little me bought 10 gram a while ago. And I don't know whats up but I had to use high doses immediately to get effect. And then tolerance builds quickly.
I was using at least 1 gram a day and that is way too much.

Anyhow, when I was about to run out I did a quick taper in like 2 days, decreased the dosages by A LOT.
The last day I had 400mg left that I took that day. Early morning my congenital heart defect was triggered. I couldn't relax to get it to beat normal like I usually can.

After 3 hours I decided to go to the ER where they found out it was atrial fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia. I've never had AF before.
I was in the hospital for 10 hours before they decided they had to put me to sleep to restart my heart with defibrillators.
It went well.

I'm a 100% certain this happened because of the fluorophenibut. Probably in combination with my heart defect.
I read somewhere that phenibut and/or fluorophenibut helps regulate the heart rhythm. That tells me that when you then quit, the heart rhythm might get a bit messed up.

I have since had my heart defect corrected but I will never touch this stuff again, for once and all.

I would like to update a bit. In my last post I wrote that I would never use fluorophenibut ever again.

But stupid little me bought 10 gram a while ago. And I don't know whats up but I had to use high doses immediately to get effect. And then tolerance builds quickly.
I was using at least 1 gram a day and that is way too much.

Anyhow, when I was about to run out I did a quick taper in like 2 days, decreased the dosages by A LOT.
The last day I had 400mg left that I took that day. Early morning my congenital heart defect was triggered. I couldn't relax to get it to beat normal like I usually can.

After 3 hours I decided to go to the ER where they found out it was atrial fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia. I've never had AF before.
I was in the hospital for 10 hours before they decided they had to put me to sleep to restart my heart with defibrillators.
It went well.

I'm a 100% certain this happened because of the fluorophenibut. Probably in combination with my heart defect.
I read somewhere that phenibut and/or fluorophenibut helps regulate the heart rhythm. That tells me that when you then quit, the heart rhythm might get a bit messed up.

I have since had my heart defect corrected but I will never touch this stuff again, for once and all.
That's terrifying, glad you're ok!

Compiled info for megathread and added to directory

Whoa, just realized, I mean, it's probably the etizolam at this point--since taking more relieves your symptoms--but you were taking an enormous dose of your f-baclofen.

Cl-phenibut, aka, baclofen, has a FDA rec. maximum daily dose of 80mg, divided. It seems clear that swapping a chlorine for a fluorine actually just makes it a slightly weaker version of regular baclofen, but even if it was only half the potency of regular baclofen, that would mean you shouldn't exceed 160mg/day. You claim you were taking up to a gram, which almost certainly would have caused major side effects and a serious withdrawal syndrome.

You're lucky to have escaped your "F-Phenibut" experience without a hangover.

Don't believe me? Pick the F-baclofen from the F-phenibut:

JMLh79J.png

As far as the name "f-baclofen" as an alternate name for f-phenibut, perhaps more accurate would be something like deschloro(4-fluorophenyl) baclofen since f-baclofen sort of suggests that the chlorine is still there but with an added fluorine somewhere 🤯

As far as the name "f-baclofen" as an alternate name for f-phenibut, perhaps more accurate would be something like deschloro(4-fluorophenyl) baclofen since f-baclofen sort of suggests that the chlorine is still there but with an added fluorine somewhere 🤯
Too heady for my poor head! I recently got some more, been dosing roughly 350mg at a time. It's effective enough but I've got such a tolerance to gabapentinoids at this point. Have dosed 700mg today. Feeling solid it's definitely effective for anxiety and chilling.

I know this is an older thread, I haven't been around BL for many many years, but I wanted to add a few things here in case anyone is still browsing for info on these substances... I'm quite clueless when it comes to chemistry or the molecular make up of drugs, but I'm very familiar with pharmaceuticals, nootropics, RC's, and their effects, simply from dedicating 15 years of my life to being the "best" poly-sub addict I could be. When it comes to Phenibut, I haven't had experience with it for roughly 10 years, and I remember enjoying it, but replacing it quickly with 1,4 BDO, which I loved. Until, I blacked out, nearly emptied my bank account with a few tweakers I hardly knew, let them borrow my car, stay at my place etc, and on the next occasion, OD'd, and never touched the stuff again. But that stuff, IMO, was incredible. I was also on suboxone, klonopin, and IV meth at the time. Anyways, I've been experimenting with "f-phenibut" FAA off and on for the last month or 2, but haven't been stable enough on/off of everything else I take to do some solid research or even an effective trip report. But the discussion over whether this stuff is essentially, literally, or effectively f-baclofen, interests me quite a bit. And in my experience, there may be subjective similarities to regular baclofen and this f-phen/bac, but I have extensive experience with Rx baclofen, and I don't think we should be using it as way to compare dosage, tolerance, dependence, withdrawal, etc. I'll speak mainly to baclofen (Rx), but I was prescribed 80mg/day, have taken well over 200mg, as well as overdosed on it. I got good anxiety relief, social and generalized, from 80-100mg of baclofen, but even at high doses, I never felt the same type of effects as I have on f-phen, although it seems to be much more hit or miss, dose dependent, etc. Baclofen has very little dependence and tolerance issues even at daily 80mg+ doses, it also, IME, doesn't have a compulsive or redosing element to it much at all. It has been used by medical professionals, in the 100mg+ /day range to treat and "cure" alcoholism, and in my experience, I essentially forgot about drinking, had no cravings, and that wasn't even my intent, just a positive bonus effect. I will also add that I did legit OD on baclofen, but, I didn't get carried away in the traditional manner. I was withdrawaling from H, Meth, and probably alcohol as well, and have partial-complex seizure disorder, and mid WD, I began to feel like I was going to have some type of seizure, and the last thing I remember was looking for something to prevent it/help the WD, etc... turns out, I swallowed my entire bottle of baclofen, so at least 4000mg (yes 4 GRAMS or more). I have no memory of it, but I basically amplified the seizure activity and went into an overdose induced seizure and psychosis and I wound up with 7 paramedics needed to get me into an ambulance, and according to the hospital, I came in as the most extreme case they'd ever seen, and attempted to treat. I was not unconscious but apparently they assumed i was on "bathsalts", PCP, etc, and it took them several hours to even succeed at RSI (intubation), and they eventually got me down and on a fentanyl,versed, and ketamine drip, in a medically induced coma, but that only lasted a few days and I came to while intubated, with no memory or clue where I was or what was happening, basically the worst thing I've ever experienced. But, now I'm telling war stories so I digress. Point is, while the molecular structures of baclofen and f-phenibut are essentially the same, I do not believe they should be compared or considered to be essentially the same in any other definitive way. Sorry for the long rant, Hope this helps.
TLDR; I have considerable experience with Baclofen, and gaba-ergics in general, and as I am currently researching f-phenibut, I just wanted to add to this discussion by saying I do not think comparing f-phenibut to baclofen for the purposes of dosing, effect profile, side effects, tolerance/dependence, or any other objective comparison measures. And from my experience, there does not seem to be any point at which the 2 are indistinguishable from each other. I think it is only safe to treat f-phenibut (f-baclofen, whatever you want to call it) as it's own substance with it's own properties. I'd love to hear any further experiences from recent years, if anyone is still researching or using this chem in any way. It's good to be back on BL!

I know this is an older thread, I haven't been around BL for many many years, but I wanted to add a few things here in case anyone is still browsing for info on these substances... I'm quite clueless when it comes to chemistry or the molecular make up of drugs, but I'm very familiar with pharmaceuticals, nootropics, RC's, and their effects, simply from dedicating 15 years of my life to being the "best" poly-sub addict I could be. When it comes to Phenibut, I haven't had experience with it for roughly 10 years, and I remember enjoying it, but replacing it quickly with 1,4 BDO, which I loved. Until, I blacked out, nearly emptied my bank account with a few tweakers I hardly knew, let them borrow my car, stay at my place etc, and on the next occasion, OD'd, and never touched the stuff again. But that stuff, IMO, was incredible. I was also on suboxone, klonopin, and IV meth at the time. Anyways, I've been experimenting with "f-phenibut" FAA off and on for the last month or 2, but haven't been stable enough on/off of everything else I take to do some solid research or even an effective trip report. But the discussion over whether this stuff is essentially, literally, or effectively f-baclofen, interests me quite a bit. And in my experience, there may be subjective similarities to regular baclofen and this f-phen/bac, but I have extensive experience with Rx baclofen, and I don't think we should be using it as way to compare dosage, tolerance, dependence, withdrawal, etc. I'll speak mainly to baclofen (Rx), but I was prescribed 80mg/day, have taken well over 200mg, as well as overdosed on it. I got good anxiety relief, social and generalized, from 80-100mg of baclofen, but even at high doses, I never felt the same type of effects as I have on f-phen, although it seems to be much more hit or miss, dose dependent, etc. Baclofen has very little dependence and tolerance issues even at daily 80mg+ doses, it also, IME, doesn't have a compulsive or redosing element to it much at all. It has been used by medical professionals, in the 100mg+ /day range to treat and "cure" alcoholism, and in my experience, I essentially forgot about drinking, had no cravings, and that wasn't even my intent, just a positive bonus effect. I will also add that I did legit OD on baclofen, but, I didn't get carried away in the traditional manner. I was withdrawaling from H, Meth, and probably alcohol as well, and have partial-complex seizure disorder, and mid WD, I began to feel like I was going to have some type of seizure, and the last thing I remember was looking for something to prevent it/help the WD, etc... turns out, I swallowed my entire bottle of baclofen, so at least 4000mg (yes 4 GRAMS or more). I have no memory of it, but I basically amplified the seizure activity and went into an overdose induced seizure and psychosis and I wound up with 7 paramedics needed to get me into an ambulance, and according to the hospital, I came in as the most extreme case they'd ever seen, and attempted to treat. I was not unconscious but apparently they assumed i was on "bathsalts", PCP, etc, and it took them several hours to even succeed at RSI (intubation), and they eventually got me down and on a fentanyl,versed, and ketamine drip, in a medically induced coma, but that only lasted a few days and I came to while intubated, with no memory or clue where I was or what was happening, basically the worst thing I've ever experienced. But, now I'm telling war stories so I digress. Point is, while the molecular structures of baclofen and f-phenibut are essentially the same, I do not believe they should be compared or considered to be essentially the same in any other definitive way. Sorry for the long rant, Hope this helps.
TLDR; I have considerable experience with Baclofen, and gaba-ergics in general, and as I am currently researching f-phenibut, I just wanted to add to this discussion by saying I do not think comparing f-phenibut to baclofen for the purposes of dosing, effect profile, side effects, tolerance/dependence, or any other objective comparison measures. And from my experience, there does not seem to be any point at which the 2 are indistinguishable from each other. I think it is only safe to treat f-phenibut (f-baclofen, whatever you want to call it) as it's own substance with it's own properties. I'd love to hear any further experiences from recent years, if anyone is still researching or using this chem in any way. It's good to be back on BL!

Welcome back!

Yeah agreed welcome back.

Going through benzo withdrawals, baclofen was the only thing that would stop my shakes, but they were giving me minor doses. It helped a lot. I never really noticed much effect beyond a relief of physical anxiety and shakes.

Now my poor ass is using gabapentin, f-phenibut, AND benzos (only temporarily for the the moment though).

I just ordered a little of this. I found phenibut to be quite pleasant and good for anxiety, but never recreational. To be honest I'm not really looking for recreation or euphoria, more just relief without using benzos. I'll report once I've tried a couple of doses... hold your breath everyone! xxx