• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

F***ed Up Big Time

TheChief

Greenlighter
There isn't much info on it, more specifically it's solubility in naphtha. Any information helps! Bonus points if you can tell me a solvent that will dissolve either ketamine or 2c-b but not both. (My buddy has a little dilemm on his hands)

Last edited:
Tried to change the title but it looks like it didn't work. It should read "2C-B HCl Solubility"

Bullshit mobile version deleted my post when I tried to edit it.

Basically it depends on the polarity/non polarity of each substance. You can look up either drug and then the word solubility and cross reference what each is soluble in. The main issue is going to be separating your solution of two miscible solvents. Unless your able to use oil and water or something lol.

Seiko or someone smarter than me please go ahead and let me know if this isn't the case.

I have read that 2c-b hcl is polar but based on the solubilities of Ket I would assume it is as well. And to clarify the reason for this post my friend has forgotten which powder was which when changing containers. Same weight of each as well :(. He is probably going to order a mandelin reagent test but wanted to see if there was an easier/quicker way. Also there isn't much info on the topic of 2cb hcl solubility (atleast from what I could find) so I figured it would be a good question to ask.

My friend doesn't currently have access to a milligram scale so liquid dosing would be better than trying to eyeball a small quantity of 2cb. But his goal would be to not have to actually ingest the drug to find out what it is. Also because he doesn't want the hassle of evaping the water off which ever one is the ket. I know you can easily evaporate ket in a toaster/oven, but my friend is quite lazy.

Also saying your friend is redundant and against the rules. We all know it's you who is in the possession of the drugs.

What is your actual question then? Is there anyway to know the difference without ingesting it or using a reagent? Do you really need someone to answer that for you?

I thought self-encrimination was also against the rules? And yes the main goal is differentiating the two without reagent or ingestion (even though some mandelin reagent is on the way). And yes I really need someone to answer that for me. I can't just look at a random white powder and instantly know, beyond doubt, what it's comprised of.

No its not. We even have threads just to brag about how many drugs we have in our possession. Seriously.

There's no safe or do it yourself way to differentiate without a reagent. Walgreens sells what's called a touch and know kit which can identify 22 different substances. Do you want me to Google the location closest to you?

We have another rule, UTFSE. It means use the fucking search engine and it's an actual rule. You'd know all of this if your weren't so lazy... This is the last thing I'm doing for you so please read it.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/428413-EVERYONE-READ-forum-standards-**UPDATED-May-19th**

There are a lot of safe ways to differentiate, gas spectrometry being probably the best. I wanted to know the solubilites of both substances, 2c-b HCl in particular. I have searched and found almost nothing especially in regard to naphtha. If you're gonna be a dick and not post something substantive why post at all?

But I do appreciate the info on the touch and know kit. I will look into those.

Last edited:
Um, just stopping by. Hey Chief, about the whole self incrimination thing... Don't ever say how much you have, who you got it from, or if you know anything about copius amounts of drugs being in someones possession or your own. Nobody should care enough to bust down your door unless you make it worth their while.

Good luck with your situation,
Nix

No its not. We even have threads just to brag about how many drugs we have in our possession. Seriously.
Disallowed content:
4) DO NOT INCRIMINATE YOURSELF
You can talk about smack you HAD, or stuff like that, but it's best if you avoid saying "I have this awesome smack, I bought a half ounce." Also, DO NOT come here looking to buy or sell drugs. You will be banned immediately.

Thanks for the reply Nixiam. Im just quite new and didn't wanna break any rules. As I posted above that is a verbatim quote from the Forum Guidelines. Didn't wanna risk having this thread closed or what not before I got an adequate answer.

Yeah like I said no safe diy method. Unless you have a gas spectrometer in your basement or a reagent kit of some kind. Look up the Rhodium Archives that errowid hosts and read some synthesis write ups and it should give you a good idea of some things it's soluble in.

In all fairness haven't been on here for awhile BUT we did have a really big what's in your stash thread in DC a couple months back. So I do apologize for misinforming you as I am such a stickler for rules.