• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ez or enlighten test kit

They both do the same thing... I think the EZ test kit just looks funkier!

1. Enlighten is a non-profit, volunteer organisation. We do not receive any funding except what we can raise through donations and reagent kit sales.

2. As Enlighten is non-profit, all money raised goes back into supporting your cause, the aim to have regular GC/MS lab results released to the public.

3. Enlighten kits are Australian made and you are supporting the Australian economy, rather than sending your money overseas.

4. Marquis and Mandelin are are standard formulas, and you are essentially buying the same product.

5. Enlighten is your public voice that is heard.

Last edited:
5. Enlighten people play a major role in the design and upkeep of Bluelight and Pillreports. If you find these sites useful, reward them with your hard earneds!

If you buy locally from enlighten you don't have to worry about your caustic chemical kits finding their way through customs, like you would if you ordered them from EZ test overseas.

I've just got my new enlighten test kits :)

Without a doubt, go with the enlighten brand reagents. Supposedly the mandelin has had "something" filtered to detect the presence of ketamine easier. They are cheaper reagents, easier to use, you will be supporting a harm reduction intiative. As far as im concearned the only buisiness you should do with eztest, is for simons, robadope and mecke.

ld50 vs ssri said:
Without a doubt, go with the enlighten brand reagents. Supposedly the mandelin has had "something" filtered to detect the presence of ketamine easier. They are cheaper reagents, easier to use, you will be supporting a harm reduction intiative. As far as im concearned the only buisiness you should do with eztest, is for simons, robadope and mecke.

What about them makes them easier to use and can anybody shed any light on what exactly is "filtered" and how this makes ketamine detection easier or more accurate than the EZTest reagents?

Direct that question to phase dancer, he is the man behind these reagents and will be able to inform you. I was told once before but have since forgotten. As for been easier to use, they have an eye dropper ensuring you only use the ammount of reagent required for a sample.

I believe the reasons the Mandelin reacts well with ketamine is because they are fresh, usually made to order, and also perhaps that a maximum amount of vanadate is dissolved.

The second bit presented a couple of problems in that precipitation occurs if you try to saturate the acid with the vanadate complex. The trick was to get enough to dissolve, but not have extra which causes further reaction and resulting precipitation at room temp. Filtering was tried (along with numerous other approaches) but it was found to be too time consuming and not completely effective. So an alternative and very simple method was developed.

Just to point out. The precipitation doesn't affect the performance of mandelin. This is stated frequently in TLC literature. Having a closer to clear product is more for cosmetic value really. In terms of viewing the reactions, there are possibly some advantages either way. For example, amphetamine may be highlighted better on a yellow background, whereas the intermediate colour of a PMA reaction may be more clearly seen using a less opaque solution.

Hope this doesn't sound too much like an add, but I'd also like to mention that our Marquis, if stored correctly, should give you an excellent shelf life from date of purchase. Before dispatch to Enlighten, all Marquis is kept at 4 deg C, ensuing you get as fresh a product as possible.

I'm not sure if the COD option is still available from EZ (.au) but that's the most hassle free payment method.
The person running it is easy going too - first time I ordered, the kit came while I was on a 3 month vacation and got sent back to him (and he had to incur the charges). I apologied and ordered a second time, and he was understanding and cool about it, got it COD w/o any problems.
IMHO, local purchases of potentially grey-area products are "safer" than international mail.

[Edit: Fixed typos]