• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Eyes on Bluelight

MazDan

Bluelight Crew
Hi everyone.

In an attempt to increase the number of new eyes visiting Bluelight, Im inviting bluelighters to contribute to a think tank with your ideas on how to introduce new people to bluelight.

As you would know, Bluelight provides important information for drug users worldwide.

The problem is how to introduce people to this vast arena of information.

That is where you come in.

Im interested in any ideas you have for promoting Bluelight to those who most need it.

Feel free to add any ideas, no matter how wild they may be. Your idea may or may not be workable but more importantly it just might be the trigger for another idea from someone else.

All thoughts will be seriously considered by Bluelight admin.

Best wishes and keep smiling all.

Damn old school, how's it going MazDan? :)
hey. maybe you can get a certified psychologist on board, say like the 15'th of the month and the around the 30'th. just to answer general questions.
with of course harm reduction and safety as a priority. just as an added professional support system to find out information based on facts and learn from communication and information ?
maybe it would draw more interest in this direction . would it be possible to have more preventative systems to lower the abilities to have to have so much harm reduction in the first place ? or will there always be harm reduction instead of just making things less harmful in the first place. initially.

I mean it's gonna be pretty hard to eliminate harm from drugs as long as there is an active attempt to criminalize users and spread false information. Some people work to change laws (like MAPS who we are partnered with), and some choose to try to spread accurate information. There's never going to be NO harm from drugs but I think the vast majority of it comes from illegalization. But most of us can't really do anything about that, so we have to just keep trying to minimize the damage through education.

One thing we did to reach more people was upgrade the forum software so it has a working mobile experience and modern features. Posting is up quite a bit since the lowest point last year. :)

The idea of having guest speakers here at BL is excellent. However it doesnt really help with getting new eyes on bluelight as it poses the same problem. How to reach new people.

(Waves to Xorkoth) Hiya mate. Wow, you must be almost rusted on. ;)

I've actually become part of the electronic infrastructure of Bluelight and no longer exist in human form. ;)

Social media advertising can definitely help. For a while there was a strong social media initiative, but not sure where that's at now. Sadie was handling it. We put a whole lot into the site software upgrade, which has helped a lot.

We still always have 10-20 times as many lurkers as members active at any given point. We've pushed hard o make Bluelight a welcoming environment where people don't feel intimidated to join and post. Most people still never join though. Sometimes when new people join they mention they've been lurking for years. I think most of the guests at any point are people who asked google a question and clicked on a thread that popped up, and then they're on their way. Which means a whole lot more people actually do use this site than it would seem. But I, too, would like to see more influx of new posters.

can they get a psychiatrist to answer medical and psychological questions. Or mental health experts for a quarterly yearly review.

That all takes money... and we exist purely on donations. Also it's kinda hard to diagnose anyone through the Internet. I like the ideas though. :)

Thanks to everyone who was able to put forward ideas and insight into this project in the various threads throughout BL.
Its greatly appreciated and everything will be passed onto Admin for them to look into further.
Best wishes and keep smiling all.

Mazza.

Im in tune with a couple harm reduction people and pages / groups in facebook and have thought of posting a link to BL there. Theres harm reduction and PWUD groups everywhere, at least a few would join if some of us were to get in and advertise a bit.

EDIT: Didn’t realize how old thread is sorry.

I've already started with random legal/illegal graffiti and random mentions in random places.....

better way? LMK