Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Eyes on Bluelight

MazDan

Bluelight Crew
Hi everyone.

In an attempt to increase the number of new eyes visiting Bluelight, Im inviting bluelighters to contribute to a think tank with your ideas on how to introduce new people to bluelight.

As you would know, Bluelight provides important information for drug users worldwide.

The problem is how to introduce people to this vast arena of information.

That is where you come in.

Im interested in any ideas you have for promoting Bluelight to those who most need it.

Feel free to add any ideas, no matter how wild they may be. Your idea may or may not be workable but more importantly it just might be the trigger for another idea from someone else.

All thoughts will be seriously considered by Bluelight admin.

Best wishes and keep smiling all.

Would it be feasible to purchase banner space on other harm reduction forums? If they would allow it. Also, harm reduction videos on youtube giving important information and a link to Bluelight.

it can go viral. ??

or someone would have to go on joe rogan and really be able to promote it??.

we might have to have an inside private facility to feel also feel more sheltered at the same time. and then one that could be more open to the public to seek information.

and then just the little safe haven for those trying to be a bit more cognito and privatized.
and just some balance, then take off, exponential so to speak !

and somebody write a book about bluelight to promote it and find sone exposer. with pertinent information and reference !

or someone would have to go on joe rogan and really be able to promote it??.

Rick Doblin of MAPS has been on JRE, discussing the use of empathogens in therapy.

John McAfee also used to post here. Given that he has >1m followers on Twitter, posting a screenshot of one of his old posts on Reddit would probably draw more attention than a mountain of HR articles.

It's hard to drum up interest with HR because drugs are a dry topic. It's like how nobody cares about hacking unless sabotage or money are involved, or about the work that happens on Wall Street until it turns out that the guy who stares at charts all day is actually Patrick Bateman, drives a Ferrari and throws Caligulan orgies at his Hamptons estate.

Risk is sexy, HR is about reducing risk. The layperson isn't going to care unless the moral of the story can be related to something more exciting.

WOW.

Some super awesome ideas from you guys.

Please keep them coming.

In a few weeks I will be collating everything and then be looking at each concept individually and seeing what can be done to get them into action if its in any way possible.

Once again, thanks for helping and keep those thinking caps on.

Rick Doblin of MAPS has been on JRE, discussing the use of empathogens in therapy.

John McAfee also used to post here. Given that he has >1m followers on Twitter, posting a screenshot of one of his old posts on Reddit would probably draw more attention than a mountain of HR articles.

It's hard to drum up interest with HR because drugs are a dry topic. It's like how nobody cares about hacking unless sabotage or money are involved, or about the work that happens on Wall Street until it turns out that the guy who stares at charts all day is actually Patrick Bateman, drives a Ferrari and throws Caligulan orgies at his Hamptons estate.

Risk is sexy, HR is about reducing risk. The layperson isn't going to care unless the moral of the story can be related to something more exciting.
Thank you ! Beccause I don't like to watch just 'every' podcast.
Awesome Topic !!! ☺

:)

MAPS Podcast: Episode 37 - Gabor Mate: Jungle to Civilization: How Plant Medicines Can Promote Health in a Toxic Culture

Maybe overhaul the bluelight facebook page?

Maybe a lot of people don't understand what we mean when we say harm reduction. Maybe we need to blast the word DRUGS right in front of their faces. Once they get here, they'll realize what we are all about

One thing that may be hurting bluelight is the fact that we aren't turning up in Google search results. More people should know about duckduckgo.com

Why is that, actually?

Is it because Google sucks? And is evil? Thank God for duckduckgo, and as far as I can tell, Bing is even worse and next to useless for even browsing the news not to mention any pharmacological and/or historical research. That Mr Trump is still President of the United States and there are people that do not like him is not news. People have read that before and the rest of the world doesn't give a rat's fat arse. Yelling about all this is usually the Bing front page. For any drugs questions, Bing is worse than useless and it sounds like Google is headed that way too.

By the way, I was answering a thread on Tuesday about the amount of excipients in oxycodone tablets and I cannot find it even with the Bluelight search function. That function is not based on Google, is it?

I have noticed that Google also have been censoring the old DejaNews Usenet archive they purchased some time ago. That is really not their place. Newsgroups are not Google Groups, whatever the megalomania of management may lead them to think. Sure there is nastiness on there, but Cold Water Extraction is not nastiness. People put that information out so that people do not die. That archive used to be such an impressive thing. It used to be everything ever written on there going back to 1978 I think it was, going back to day one when there were not even @ signs in everyone's email address and there were fewer than 100 people on Usenet.

I remember a time, 15 years ago now, where I searched on Google for codeine information, the molecular weight of an uncommon salt* Of course I had to make sure their ridiculous "Safe Search" was off as it was certainly comprehensive to the point of parody even back then, like keeping a journalist from researching an article she was doing on leather skirts -- that's freaking sacrelige. But, back then in 2004, I got my information, more than I expected, and on the side of the page, not one but four actual advertisements for buying codeine online, and it wasn't just that -- there was at least generic equivalents practically every codeine, dihydrocodeine, dionine, tramadol, difenoxin, diphenoxylate and dextropropoxyphene product of which I had ever heard and all sorts of other things like Sexy Trihexy, two or three benzos, more than 20 antihistamines, about a dozen other anticholinergics, tianeptine, gabapentin, clonidine, stuff with paregoric and powdered opium in it, something charmingly called "Tylenol With Codeine Nº 12"† with 200 mg of paracetamol and 120 mg of codeine hydrochloride in it and 15 mg dihydroisocodeine tablets. Those were the days.

---
* Codeine methylbromide (394.30), a bromide as in sleep aid and actually a separate drug like the codeine-based barbiturates like Codeonal
† The Narcotic Content Number system for codeine, dihydrocodeine, dionine, opium, morphine, benzylmorphine (Peronine) and heroin content on oral medicine labels originated by manufacturers and formalised in the US Pure Food & Drug Act 1906 inter alia actually goes:
1. 7½ or 8 mg (⅛ grain)
2. 15 or 16 mg (¼ grain)
3. 30 or 32 mg (½ grain)
4. 60 or 64 mg (1 grain)
5. 75 or 82 mg (1¼ grains)
6. 90 or 96 mg (1½ grains)
7. 105 or 112 mg (1¾ grains), or 120 or 128 mg (2 grains)
8. 120 or 128 mg (2 grains)
I have never seen the 45 or 48 mg (¾ grain) doses of codeine or dihydrocodeine called Nº 3½ though they could be as it was originally the manufacturers who originated the system
Although originally Dilaudid came in doses from 0.5 (¹ ⁄₁₂₈ grain) all the way up to 64 mg (1 grain) and including 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 16, 32, and possibly 12, 24, 36 and 48 with some brands years ago, I have never seen any label or literature with a Narcotic Content Number on it. This, of course, is why in Drugstore Cowboy the protagonist and others refer to the 4 mg tablets as "sixteenths"

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who was able to put forward ideas and insight into this project in the various threads throughout BL.
Its greatly appreciated and everything will be passed onto Admin for them to look into further.
Best wishes and keep smiling all.

Mazza.

I think that there are people coming around the board who may be looking for information about how to get high, and maybe humouring them more would be useful as they will need harm reduction information and be able to get it soon enough. And by teaching people how to stack benzodiazepines and other downers on top of each other and opiates, they are doing this rather than squeezing Sterno through a tube sock to get loaded, and very vague information about what is up, certainly no direct sourcing information, is keeping people from alternatives like eating a large number of boxes Coricidin to get the DXM, and things like that, which create less harm than would otherwise be the case.

I see lots of people talking the same stuff we talk here on different Darknet forums now. Though the quality of HR advice there is pretty sketchy, that’s where the cool kids are.

I see lots of people talking the same stuff we talk here on different Darknet forums now. Though the quality of HR advice there is pretty sketchy, that’s where the cool kids are.
damn cool kids moved blocks, I couldn’t imagine taking dark web harm reduction serious