• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Eye damage suboxone

sustanon21

Bluelighter
I've been using suboxone on and off for the past decade. Last five years I have been snorting the film. I let 1.5 mg melt in a spoon take a straw and sniff the water in. Last few weeks I started having pain behind my left eye. I'm actually seeing floaters in that eye now. I think I damaged my eye specifically the liquid inside my eye. Has this ever happened to anyone?

I stopped that ROA. I've plugged several times. For some reason it doesn't always work I think I go in to far. I just read the plugging mega thread I'm going to just put the tip in now.

Sudden problems with my eyeballs, like sudden problems with my balls, is the threshold for me seriously considering medical attention. Y'know, cause those white canes seem like they'd only be fun for a few minutes, and even though its nice to take your dog with you everywhere, you wont really get to play fetch with them anymore.

Possibly a detached retina, totally unrelated to drug use? Depends on if the floaters are always there, or more like stars that come and go. I'd expect the suboxone larvae growing in your sinuses and putting pressure on the back of your eye to instead hurt like nothing you've felt before, or be more blurry-like. Non-stim intranasal drugs tend to rot out your septum and cave in your palate before your eye bones suffer too much.

I seriously am angry that I used to plug up to my goddamn elbow, I swear. Just put it in the slot like those mail boxes people used to have in their actual doors. BUT, you still have problems with your EYES, which you need to see your drugs. Get that "looked" in to, please.

EDIT: wait, these are suboxone films, right? They're already sublingual, yes? What's wrong with that ROA? With a suitable drug it's as fast as up your asshole, probably faster, and equal to up your nose.

I'm going to the eye doctor tomorrow I'm hoping it's nothing serious.

For those who plug strips. Can you just use your finger and place it up your butt with a piece of the strip? Using an oral syringe is hit or miss.

And then you can inform those who don't plug strips what advantages there are to using buprenorphine other than sublingual. Is it the convenience of carrying around little finger wipes?

I just plugged 2 2mg doses spread out about 30 minutes. I feel awesome I think it takes longer to come up then doing it intranasally. I didn't feel the first one at all. After the second wow!

I don't see how snorting could damage your eye. Shooting is another story. I suggest a trip to the eye doctor

After years it started to burn in the left eye right after I snorted in that nostril. That constant irration must of damaged something. The burning would last a few minut3s my eye would get red and watery.

Last edited:
And then you can inform those who don't plug strips what advantages there are to using buprenorphine other than sublingual. Is it the convenience of carrying around little finger wipes?

Nasal has higher bioavailability over sublingual and is quicker to do (and easier imo). I always hated carrying around a mouthful of lemonish limeish flavored spit for 10 minutes.

Nasal has higher bioavailability over sublingual and is quicker to do (and easier imo). I always hated carrying around a mouthful of lemonish limeish flavored spit for 10 minutes.

Me too using the strip intranasally I got a warm buzz just about every day for years. 1-1.5 mg 2-3 times a day is the sweet spot. I have so many stocked up I should be good for years. They prescribe a ridiculous amount.

Thing is, I spent a while looking up the data on the tables I was supposed to finish a month ago. Problem is, BA of which drug?

That's when I remembered why I hadn't finished the damn thing: primary research doesn't use plebeian terms like "bioavailability" in the first place, each study has to be considered separately, no one so far has thought the kinetics of naloxone up your butt is worthy of study, and the standard error in these studies is so huge its actually pointless to compare anyway.

One of the very first studies on buccal buprenorphine (4mg) of six participants, only four had data, which ranged from 4% to 42.7%. (The parameter you want at that link is "F", btw. You know, "F" for bioavailability.)

Not that it matters, because Suboxone brand films will be substantially tweaked from 1996.

So doing a comparison of buprenorphine BA by route and naloxone BA by route won't really tell you which is the right hole for you.

FWIW, the two don't affect each other's absorbance, and if you're willing to wait an hour, you'll like it up your nose, according to this one..

Good point, I don't know the official BAs.

I was on the stuff for almost two years. Nasal definitely seemed to have a much higher BA then sublingual. Maybe 1.5x better if I had to guess. Nasal also seemed to be much more consistent than sublingual... As sometimes sublingually absorption was horrible, other times better. Guess that fits with the wide variance in the numbers for sublingual BA.

Never tried the stuff rectally.

That last study took the actual practical approach and quantified physiological response and subjective rating. People simply "like" shoving it up their nose more (compared to buccal).

Seems like there might be a naughty allure to intranasal for some people, and if Suboxone was officially a nasal spray, people would break them to suck on the cotton film inside. I guess it could be an added, personalized ritual if you have a favorite spoon and such.

Sticking a finger up your butt might not have the same ritualistic payout, unless you really light some candles and fill up the bubble bath.

Just plugged 2mg 1 hour ago. I just put the tip of the syringe in. I'm talking everyone's ear off!! I feel amazing!! This is way more efficient then snorting. When snorting water mixed with sub sometimes it spills down your throat or out of your nose. 2 ml of sub in water up the butt stays right where you need it.

Just go back from the docs she said the gel like substance inside my left eye has been slightly damaged it happens with age I'm only 34 though. I'm certain it was from using that nostril too much to snort. I should of roated ROAs more. I'm happy it's not more serious. I'll avoid that side from now on and stick to plugging for awhile.