• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Extreme pain from mixed heroin/meth shot into the top of hand/wrist

Danksta14

Greenlighter
Ok so other day I injected a minuscule amount (5cc of 60cc shot) of a mixed heroin(.25G)/meth(.04G) shot where the bottom of hand meets the top of forearm and now it is extremely painful. I am not a rookie I unfortunately have been using for 2-2 1/2 years and never felt this sort or pain before. I cannot move my hand wrist and have to keep it elevated in a set position because if wrist bends WOW! Freakin KILLS. The area is very hot to the touch though I do not see any swelling or redness. Though the pain just got very bad within the last 6 hours. I put one of those sticky heat patches on for about 1hr and seems as if it made the pain increase dramatically. Also iced it and cannot continue because pain is unbearable. I know people will tell me to go to doctor though I would like to try to fix the issue solo. I have had numerous abscess' and have been able to tend to them and cure them for the most part (though still have scars). Anyways any input as to what could be causing this excruciating pain. Your input would be much appreciated and any remedies that hopefully help cure the problem would be really great.

Last edited:
Being hot to the touch indicates a localized infection, which can become systemic if not treated. Do you have any antibiotics? l would suggest a Doctor visit, sorry dude l wouldn't want to go either:(

If it was an artery you would feel intense pain immediately and it wouldn't carry on for days. Sounds like you missed a little or maybe a lot. Missing with meth really fucks ur shit up. Way more than missing with H and it is also way more likely to lead to an abscess in my experience.

You missed.

Keep an eye on it, it is too early to be ruling the case on an infection...

I have had numerous abscess' and have been able to tend to them and cure them for the most part (though still have scars). Anyways any input as to what could be causing this excruciating pain. Your input would be much appreciated and any remedies that hopefully help cure the problem would be really great.

If you hit an artery it would be a BRIGHT red coming into the point, not deep red. Whenever I miss I put Preperation H on it....IDK why, but it works. Best of luck

Thanks for the replys. So I know I didn't miss, nor did I hit an artery. Dark blood filled needle when pulled back. The pain is a throbbing deep pain. Not a burn. When injecting it felt fine. Though when I took needle out of hand slowly my inner part of wrist on top of hand started hurting very bad. Cannot bend my wrist without extreme pain. Also the pain is not occurring where the injection site was. I injected center top of hand bout 1/2 inch above middle wrist line and like I said pain is occurring where my pointing finger meets wrist. Anyways just wanted to update the post and see if anyone else has answers.

My 19 y.o. daughter shot up meth/heroin mixed in her hand .. only felt heat at first. 4 days later I took her 2 E.R. .. within an hour she was in emergency surgery!! The infection had her hand swollen 2 x its size .. fingers blue .. burning pain and red streaks all up her arm!!! Second surgery 2 days later .. Dr. Said if 3 rd surgery isn't successful they will have to amputate!! We cried uncontrollably!!! I used to be an iv user of meth and heroin too! Wtf have I passed on to my daughter!! The guilt and pain was almost to much to bear!! Dr. also told us she tested positive for hep c!!! God please don't let this child loose her hand I prayed .. after 2 weeks in hospital thank you Jesus .. she's out of the hospital and checked herself into rehab!! Fuck that fuckin needle!!!! Its the devil!!!!!!