Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Extracting THC into Sake

eggman

Bluelighter
This afternoon I was reading...

This thread

... and it reminded me of a thing a mate did some 12 years ago with Vodka when we where in year 10. From what I recal it was a blast and this thread has got me thinking of trying it again.

However, the thread was very American and there was a lot of talk about brand names I had never heard of. Then in true Bluelight fashion, everyone disagreed and no one reached a conclusion.

Is anyone able to offer me any assistance?

Otherwise I will probably just go in uninformed and hurt myself :\

Any alcoholic beverage containing sufficient ethanol will extract THC from dope. However, other things will also be dissolved in the alcohol, some of which may not add favorably to the taste. If you use a beverage with a lower % of alcohol, the mixture can be set aside for a couple of weeks before filtering. Shaking each day also usually helps.

Personally, apart from a mead made from mull, honey and beer, I have not tasted anything I thought was yummy. As an alternative to alcohol, extracting THC via a non-polar solvent will leave many of the unwanteds behind, and depending upon solvent, also the bitter tasting chlorophyll. Use the search engine, the topic of extraction has been addressed many times.

^ a question about the honey mead, with the beer was it home brewed or was it simply beer, opened, mixed with honey and cannabis and left for several weeks?

excuse me if this a stupid question but if that was the case wouldn't the beer have gotten a bit smelly by then?

My guess would be it was a home brew and weed put in before bottling. I may be very wrong

AFAIK this is how it was done doofhard, brewed with the pot in it. Unfortunately I've lost contact with the Brewer so I can't check.