Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

extracting THC from pot leave

speedygonzales

Bluelighter
I extracted THC from pot leave using alchol I soked the pot leave in alcohol for 1 week then disolved it and was left with a tar like substand I tried to roll it in a joint with tobacco but it just got sticky and wouldnt bure I tred to smoke it in a bong but it just driped down the cone pice . then I tried to chase it off a foil and it burnt real well and was very efficent only need one big breath to get realy stone.

Is chasing of a foil the only way you can smoke this stuff?

Does anybody know of other good ways to extract the good stuff from pot leave maybe somthing which you can smoke in a joint.

i think u can smoke it in glass pipes? kind of like the way u smoke meth. but im not sure, never seen it done.

smoke it in a bong , roll it up with lots of tobacco & ether plug the cone hole or use a filter

are we talking about hash? cause thats what im getting from your description. Try hot kniving it which involves heating two knives till theyre red hot on the stove and putting the hash between them and breathing in the smoke via a 2litre bottle with the bottom cut off

i thought the process your referring to makes hash oil but from your description it sounds like a mixture of the two maybe?? try putting it in a cap and swallowing it if your game

The process described above is definately NOT hash, it is called "tincture". Tincure used to be used medicinally a long time ago and is pretty much unheard of these days because of the low quality. You are supposed to drink tincture, not smoke it. There is a wealth of information regarding the production of actual hash available on the internet, which i think you might be interested in looking at, including streaming videos.

Dont waste your time with tincture.

yeir but this real hash your talking about will it be worthed to make out of real crappy leave cause this tincture tuff if yeilds r great potent stuff but very harsh smoke which is torturous to smoke.

I tried the ice method with leave and all I got was green powder with very low yeilds and was only allitly bit better than soking plain leave

JoeBloggs said:
The process described above is definately NOT hash, it is called "tincture". Tincure used to be used medicinally a long time ago and is pretty much unheard of these days because of the low quality. You are supposed to drink tincture, not smoke it. There is a wealth of information regarding the production of actual hash available on the internet, which i think you might be interested in looking at, including streaming videos.

Dont waste your time with tincture.

Do a search using 'butane' or 'bubble hash'. Both these methods produce a product of far greater quality although the butane method is potentially quite dangerous.

Are you talking dangerous only because of the risk of explosion, or also the end product?

I know someone who has made oil of sorts with a pvc pipe, mesh filter, some leaf and a can of butane and it was pretty good. Just isn't very economical....

Of course no lighters, matches etc, and a nice open out door area is a good idea...

^^^^^ i've read somewhere that using pvc is no good. reason: plastic leaches from pvc pipe into the oil. yucky!

According to the 'Scienceware' (brand) chemical resistance chart for plastic resistance to Propane, PVC is listed as an excellent plastic to use, and high density polyethylene (HDPE) listed as having limited resistance.

There is no listing for butane, but I have heard of PVC causing these problems. As butane is potentially more reactive, this is hardly surprising. However, some years ago I did an experiment using HDPE and butane alone. This involved pressurising a HDPE container with butane, then releasing the gas and collecting what ever residue remained. It was repeated using a total of 2 cans of butane.

Once the butane evaporated, there was absolutely no residue remaining. This container was used over the course of time whenever there was need. At no time was there any taste or other indication that the plastic had reacted or dissolved in the butane. However, it wasn't subjected to any form of analysis, so one can't say for sure.

UPVC (unplasticised PVC) is listed here as a satisfactory plastic for 50% butane mixtures.

Yes, the butane method works a treat IMO, but there are dangers. It's essentially a bomb that is subsequently released as a cloud of extremely inflammable gas. The bubble method is definitely safer and produces a very fine product if the appropriate filter mesh is used

Good point, whether or not the PVC/Plastic tube is safe or not, until I know for sure I'd rather not risk inhaling a bunch of chemicals..... I don't even drink tap water!

Yes, hash oil made using your technique can be smoked in a hash pipe/crack pipe but will leave a nasty black residue u cannot remove. also it is extremely harsh to smoke.

No... I dont think this is tincture... a tincture is certainly when u extract a plant essence into alcohol, however pure ethanol, or strong spirit must be used, and the end product is drunk, or dropped under tounge.
If the filtrate (the liquid) is evaporated u are left with an extract or oil, not a tincture.

Butane workes very well to make hash oil, but you must be cautious when choosing ur butane. U MUST use purified lighter butane, not bbq gas or the likes coz it is not pure and ur end product will smell like petrol. Also once the butane has evaporated you should take the residue and redissolve it into warm alcohol (metho works fine). the hash oil will dissolve but some stuff will not. the stuff that doesnt dissolve is a clear jelly-like compound which smells like butane gas. probably some petrochemical residue.
decant off the liquid (the alcohol) and evaporate it in a seperate bowl. the end prouct is very nice quality, low in cellulose. which when smoked in a crack pipe will burn very cleanly leaving little or no residue. The flavour when smoked is beautiful and sweet and potency is extremely high. one matchhead sized drop should get 2 to 4 ppl sufficiently wasted.

Ive tried the method your talking about using 100% alcohol.

I got about 2 oz of leaf and stem and blended it real good in the coffee grinder till it turned to dust, then put the dust in a jar and covered it with the alcohol left it for a few weeks strained it with coffee filters then left it to evaporate in a smooth glass bowl only took a few days in the sun and a few nights under a fan.

Then i got the same problem finding it hard to handle and roll in joints and such so i mixed a bit of the left over dry product with it till i was able to handle it without getting in a sticky mess.

About 50/50 gave it a nice consistency kind of like silly putty you still get the browny gold tar on your hands but atleast you can handle it to roll in joint.

thanks for that picadore I give your advice a try

picadore said:
Ive tried the method your talking about using 100% alcohol.

I got about 2 oz of leaf and stem and blended it real good in the coffee grinder till it turned to dust, then put the dust in a jar and covered it with the alcohol left it for a few weeks strained it with coffee filters then left it to evaporate in a smooth glass bowl only took a few days in the sun and a few nights under a fan.

Then i got the same problem finding it hard to handle and roll in joints and such so i mixed a bit of the left over dry product with it till i was able to handle it without getting in a sticky mess.

About 50/50 gave it a nice consistency kind of like silly putty you still get the browny gold tar on your hands but atleast you can handle it to roll in joint.

Personally I would be far more worried about the risk of static electric discharge when using PVC pipe and compressed butane...

BigTrancer :)

Would wearing an anti-static wristband during the procedure make the chances of electric discharge non-existant ? In a totally fictional world of my own imagination, I was interested in trying out the butane extraction with a small (1oz) amount of shake, though I wasnt too keen on the idea of the apparatus exploding on me. Though an alcohol extraction sounds better, I dont really like how long it takes, nor do I know where to get a high percentage alcohol as required.

the PVC method is easy, although handling the end product is much harder and messy. I bought an inline filter from the hardware store for $1.70 and endcaps for $1.20.

Its relatively safe as long as you use your brain.