View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Extracting DXM from syrup?

Aeon Psyche

Bluelighter
Is there any way to easily extract dxm from syrup so I can put it in capsules rather than swallowing disgusting bottles of syrup? Like perhaps putting the liquid in a dish and evaporating all the liquid and scrape up the remains? Would this work?

Yes, it is possible to do that kind of extraction. People do cold water extractions with good results, even though that's not a pure extraction and it will still make you sick. Keep in mind that the nausea comes from motion sickness and you really can't avoid it even with the best of extractions. If you are looking for caps, you can find DXM caps all over the internet (DXM HBr). There is also pure DXM powder available (Don't know the quality of it though), you could put those in capsules as well.

But yes, you can do an extraction on your own as well from the syrup, it would require lab grade chemicals and equipment should you wish to do it safely

Last edited by a moderator:
the nausea doesn't come from motion sickness, it simply is part of dxm's effects and with tolerance enough, I do not experience any nausea anymore but my stomach and bowels will be rumbling for hours from all the other junk in the syrup. they sell dxm in my country in 30mg caps but it's not what i'm looking for really. also you shouldn"t mention where to find pure dxm powder as it is sourcing which is against the rules but thanks though. I'll look that up.

Hey a reminder that we don't allow any mentioning or discussion of specific sources. I edited out the mention of a source above. Thanks. :)

We have a DXM extraction mega-thread: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/dxm-subthread-extraction.257562/

I know there is a thread somewhere about a tried-and-true extraction tek, agent lemon or something maybe? I can't find it though. The above link has extraction methods though.

Last edited: