• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids extended release oxycodone starter dose

sxdrugs

Greenlighter
first of all, i know the dangers of oxy usage and blablablah, i really do, but i decided to try it and got my hands on some pills (extended release,10mg each) and i'm going to use tomorrow, i would like to know how much i should take for my first time, considering i'm an opioid virgin.. 10mg? or should i only take half a pill (5mg)? just looking for some harm reduction since i'm going to do it anyway

I'd start with just one 10mg pill. If you haven't taken any kind of opiate, not even for pain, then maybe split the pill and test the waters with 5mg first, just to make sure it doesn't make you feel violently ill.

I'm not trying to stop you from using these, but i'm just telling you, you really don't know the dangers of opiate addiction. The immediate physical dangers, yes, those are easy to research and understand, but the long term consequences and the process of addiction is a much different beast.

Again, not trying to stop you, I just wish the best for anyone that has used, or is going to use these drugs.

Start with 5mg that will be nice and euphoric. 10 might make you nauseous since you are new to opiates . I got high off 5mg’s for a couple months before I needed more than that.

I'd start with just one 10mg pill. If you haven't taken any kind of opiate, not even for pain, then maybe split the pill and test the waters with 5mg first, just to make sure it doesn't make you feel violently ill.

I'm not trying to stop you from using these, but i'm just telling you, you really don't know the dangers of opiate addiction. The immediate physical dangers, yes, those are easy to research and understand, but the long term consequences and the process of addiction is a much different beast.

Again, not trying to stop you, I just wish the best for anyone that has used, or is going to use these drugs.
thank you for the reply, really appreciate it!

thank you for the reply, really appreciate it!
Start with 5mg that will be nice and euphoric. 10 might make you nauseous since you are new to opiates . I got high off 5mg’s for a couple months before I needed more than that.
that's what i just did, thanks!!

i take tramadol and oxy (on different days) i have a certain tolerance, i chew 1 pill and i take 2 i feel very good, 5mg in prolonged release is little i think, 10 mg is perfectly acceptable.

first of all, i know the dangers of oxy usage and blablablah, i really do,
Come back and say that in a year or 2... I thought just like you about 10 years ago. Reading about the horrors, and experiencing the horrors, are 2 different things.

I started with 10 mg, which before long led to me needing 400 mg just to stay out of withdrawal.

Good luck.

I mean this is the nicest possible way.. But I hope you are part of that minority which doesn't like Oxy.