Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Expressions of Interest for Aus Drug Discussion mod

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
Greetings :)

We're breaking a little from tradition here and opening the mod spot up to people who want to apply.

I guess what we're looking for is to hear from any regular posters in this forum who have a genuine interest in harm reduction and are prepared to put in the time and effort into keeping the forum running, as well as improving things where they see fit.

Ideally we're looking for someone with a good knowledge of drugs as the position is intended to ultimately replace phase_dancer who is going to leave us soon. Obviously people with that type of knowledge don't just fall out of trees, so our expectations aren't quite that high, but it'd be nice if you knew more than how to spell MDMA. ;)

More importantly though, you have to stay involved in the forum, make sure the guidelines are adhered to and be patient when the same question gets asked for the hundredth time.

So anyway, if this sounds like you then please email your intentions to [email protected] . Applications close Tuesday 31st October.

This thread will stay open if you have any general questions about the position.

Cheers

Bon voyage phase_dancer.... :( That sux. Looks like the brain drain continues....

C'mon chemists! Time to put your hand up!

phase_dancer's leaving? NOooooooo!!!:( This place will never be the same :(
Now how will I be able to rant to my friends and family about the chemical make-up of drugs, their synthysis (using my crude lamens interpertations) and reactions?

We need a fucking AWESOME chemist to replace the vault of knowledge that is phase_dancer.

A real shame to see you leave, p_d. I've always enjoyed reading your posts and your contributions to these forums over the years has been invaluable.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Don't worry Phase isn't leaving us quite just yet and we will never let him get to far away anyway. We just think its about time we add new blood to the forum.

The prerequisites doesn't mean you need to be a wealth of knowledge on everything chemistry or chemical like P_D but having a bit of an idea about anything would be a bonus. The main thing is your interest in the forum and readiness to help things evolve :)

I'm gonna apply I think, I don't have quite the knowledge of P_D but I think my knowledge is reasonable. I'm known as the resident chemist amoungst my group of friends and I'm actually planning to study chemistry next year so I spose I'll give it a shot.

I can off think off a few people who proberly shouldn't get the gig.8) Bit tough to replace PD, his chem was knowledge pretty shit-hot all the time. proberly the kinda guy building his own nuclear device in his shed.

If only I wasn't such a Noob or even had 1/100th of the knowledge of PD.

Last edited:
BT used to be an Admin(and mod here) but we kicked him out for smoking to much weed on the job ;)

That's some sad news indeed. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and making this forum a nice one to visit! :)

I always appreciated Phase_dancers well thought out and researched and knowledgable replies and posts. Don't leave! :p
Some of those posts had a lot of effort and time put into them, and he is one of a kind on BL.

As Fry-d- has said, I'll still be around.

The main reason I'm stepping down is that I need to focus on other projects that don't involve being near a computer 24/7. So I may not be on the board as often as I have been, but I'll certainly be reachable and will still be posting.....

Has anyone thought of contacting BT? He is coming back to Australia soon (October from memory?) and it may be perfect timing for him to ease himself back into Aussie life... By being a mod on here again =D

Hail Phase_Dancer... I actually posted about him in Aus social then decided to do a search of his posts and found this.. Best of luck with future commitments.

Applications close today.

Those who forget to include bribes, your applications will not be read ;)