Thesis Exploring psychedelic experiences: Reasons for use and long-term effects

Just wanted to add my cousin who has parkinson's disease and I got her well we kinda worked as a team to drink mushroom juice well sweetened and she actually laughed and played games tho she didn't know what she was doing it made me ball I had to excuse myself over never seen her be that happy EVER and she just loved the commodiry it was mind blowing we didn't dare bring out the cameras because she's extremely paranoid it was the best moment of my life!!!!!!!
Glad to hear you and your cousin enjoyed your mushroom experience.

Is it to late to take this survey? Curious if dissociative psychedelics are presented or asked about at all? I‘d like to take the survey if it’s still available?

Oh nevermind looks like not.. ;-(

Update (21/01/2023) - I finally completed the thesis!! Thank you to everyone who participated and helped out. For anyone who is interested in reading the thesis here is the link: http://dx.doi.org/10.26021/13872
I've also made all the data open source (links in the thesis) for anyone who'd like to dive into the data more. I welcome any comments, questions, or feedback. Not sure if it counts as "published" as it's not in a journal but close enough. Might end up making a journal publication out if it but we'll see.

Update (21/01/2023) - I finally completed the thesis!! Thank you to everyone who participated and helped out. For anyone who is interested in reading the thesis here is the link: http://dx.doi.org/10.26021/13872
I've also made all the data open source (links in the thesis) for anyone who'd like to dive into the data more. I welcome any comments, questions, or feedback. Not sure if it counts as "published" as it's not in a journal but close enough. Might end up making a journal publication out if it but we'll see.
Well done! Such an achievement! It was a pleasure to support you on this journey.

I encourage you to write it up into a peer-reviewed article. Journal of Psychedelic Studies could be a nice outlet.

Here's the abstract of your thesis preserved here on bluelight.org :)

Abstract​

Aims: To better understand the long-term effects of naturalistic psychedelic use and the factors that influence them.

Method: A mixed methods study consisting of an online survey (N = 603) and follow-up semi- structured interviews (N = 26) was conducted to broadly explore participants’ psychedelic use and its long-term effects.

Results: Two major themes related to long-lasting effects of naturalistic psychedelic use were identified. The first major theme identified psychedelic use as an activity that transforms participants’ perspective of themselves, others, and the world, leading to the second major theme wherein participants experienced an overall improvement in the quality of their lives.

Conclusion: For the majority of psychedelic users, naturalistic psychedelic use produced personally meaningful changes in users’ perspectives of themselves, others, and the world. These changes include greater self-understanding, deepened and expanded spiritual beliefs, more altruistic attitudes, a more positive outlook on life, greater self-acceptance and acceptance of others, a deepened connection with oneself, others, and the world, as well as an overall improvement in participants’ interpersonal relationships, mental health, and quality of life. Although, a small minority of users also reported lasting negative effects.

I got my copy from @PsySearcher just last night in my LinkedIn where we've chatted a little bit on and off. I'm really glad it's all done. Having that video interview in Dec 2020 was my truest first foray into this research portal. It was a cool one too.