• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Experiencing coughing and serious throat discomfort lately

RainDogtheCat

Bluelighter
So I've been doing H for the past couple months. I'm going back to school in a few months so I figure I'll just have my fun for another couple months and then quit this drug thing before school starts. I don't use the needle so I figure it would only take about a week with help from my benzo perscription to get off the stuff. But anyway the past few days I randomly have a bad cough and it feels like theres flem deep down in my lungs. Is this normal, or is this terribly bad? Should i cut back on my usage? I smoke black tar and also put the "monkey water" up the nose. I like the H but if this throat business is caused by it I'm thinking I might have to go back to OC. Any advice? Thanks a lot -The Cat

Cough is probably from smaking, The H you get from the streets are cut with a lot of chemicals..
These chemicals obviously cause irritation to the throat.

And for God's sake run away from heroin. You are in school, you'll probably fail everything. Switch to tramadol because I can guarantee you'll be addicted and when you go to school you'll have withdrawal and you'll go back to using it.

So when you start school switch to tramadol because it's going to help you concentrate, it's cheap and you don't have to go through Heroin withdrawals.

Stay safe.
Pm me if you need help concerning opiates or opioids.

Thanks. I don't think tramadol is going to do anything for me lol. Does tramadol actually work for you? I plan on detoxing before school and yes its unrealistic to think I won't have craving for anything so I will probably just be doing light amounts of norcos and be done with H.

That's pretty normal from smoking in general imo. Few substances seem to be easy on the lungs for me (weed and pure opium). Even smoking cigarettes for a month will give me the symptoms you described.

Cough is probably from smaking, The H you get from the streets are cut with a lot of chemicals..
These chemicals obviously cause irritation to the throat.

And for God's sake run away from heroin. You are in school, you'll probably fail everything. Switch to tramadol because I can guarantee you'll be addicted and when you go to school you'll have withdrawal and you'll go back to using it.

So when you start school switch to tramadol because it's going to help you concentrate, it's cheap and you don't have to go through Heroin withdrawals.

Stay safe.
Pm me if you need help concerning opiates or opioids.

I personally disagree about the tramadol. First, I doubt it'd do much at all for someone with a heroin tolerance. Second, it's an SNRI, so there's actually going to be antidepressant withdrawal in addition to opioid withdrawal. I do agree about staying away from heroin however. OP, you seem to take it lightly, and heroin is not a drug to take lightly. You may be able to get through the physical WD like a champ but just wait til the cravings hit. I hate to sound like a fear-mongerer but you may already be in a lot deeper than you think. I can tell you that I went from the simple stoner college kid who popped pills from time to time to driving around with strangers scoring dope in the shady parts of town at 4am and pawning shit to buy drugs in a matter of months. Just quit while you're ahead. That's what everyone here told me and I wish I'd listened, but I also have the additional complication of chronic pain.

Tramadol does alot of me. And I recommended it to OP because I thought he might quit. For someone with heroin tolerance, 300mg should get them to where they want to be..

Tramadol does alot of me. And I recommended it to OP because I thought he might quit. For someone with heroin tolerance, 300mg should get them to where they want to be..
You know that tramadol lowers the seizure threshold and anything over 300mg is dangerous?

Lol no. I take it with gabapentin that increases seizure threshold.. so I can take up to 500 mg without and fear... because 3000 mg, separated In 300mg per 5 min will keep me safe.

OP STOP LISTENING TO ALL THESE GUYS.

Don't do drugs. Don't do heroin.
If you want to do drugs, my recommendation is tramadol with gabapentin. Send me a private message to find out more about this.

Or try codeine... if you can handle the diarrhoea and itches.

QUIT HEROIN IMMEDIATELY. YOU'LL FAIL SCHOOL GUARANTEED.

Thanks. Stay safe.
~ forstman