• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Experiences with roadside drug tests

From what I was told, it's estimated to be around $30-00/ test. Whether this includes the time taken to do the test I don't know, but the tests can't be too expensive. Our HR group was initially offered free tests, but then someone decided the liability element might be too tricky, so that was that.

Me and my mate had a few bongs and set of down to the shops. Next thing we get pulled over by the roadside drug test. Had only been 15-20 mins since we had a few cones, mate was paking it. He got swabed we waited, also the longest most paranoid wait ever. Test came back negative couldn't believe it. Just had 3-4 bongs 20 mins ago and it didnt even show up. HAHA

these tests are shit and are not 100% as you have all experienced and I heard from relative they are not 100% it depends on the person if test goes positive , like someone who smokes pot everyday might test positive but say someone who smokes few cones before test and passes it but that would be someone who doesn't have high concentrations in system like a daily smoker does.

Truck drivers would have high amounts of speed in their system if they use it all the time.

you can test positive like 24hours after you have smoked pot and not even be stoned , if you test positive then be honest say you had some like 1 day ago
and the test is inaccurate and you want a blood test done , then you can get results and you may get off the fine and everything if results say you were uneffected but you would have to have a good lawyer who can say with you body weight and so on that you were unaffected.

I know of a person who I saw drink so much bourbon .. hes a binge drinker and a big build , they tested him ... and he passed the booze test ... as he did smell of alchohol but admitted to that before test.

was a big suprise to everyone in the car as he drank more than we did and we were very pissed.

these tests are different for some people and bad for others , but at the end of the day you shouldnt drink n drive or take drugs then drive few hours later ..

alcohol is taken out by your liver over few hours of last drink but drugs are different depending on the individual.

I must say, i drive more cautiously whilst high on marijuana.

Note that i didn't say better, but definitely more carefully.

I've never been through a drug bus, but i tend to avoid a 1-3 tonne explosive device whilst off my face, so i don't have much to worry about.

I must say, i drive more cautiously whilst high on marijuana.

Note that i didn't say better, but definitely more carefully.

Ever hear the one about the slow driving pot smoker? ;)

Im surprised to see all the comments about the tests failing .. I was with my friend about 4 months ago and she had dropped a pill about 3 hours earlier and we were driving home, the cop first breathalyzed her then shined the torch in her eyes and seen her eyes where big so got the drug kit out .. the swob came back with a positive result, so she was taken to the cop station where she had a blood test and then an officially charged with dui, it was not guaranteed she would loose her license so she went to court and the judge made her do all these programs and then after all that she still lost her license for 6 months and was slammed with all the court costs... its scared me enough to never dui.

BTW this is NSW so the bullshit you hear about them only doing it VIC is history.

Mr Blonde said:
Ever hear the one about the slow driving pot smoker? ;)

The one that indicates way too early but can't turn it off because then the people behind you will know your high?

Got pulled over in regional SA last night.
Hadn't drank but had shards and pot, no drug test just breatho.
And a caution for failing to give way that took about 20 mins to write up.
Was hating it.

^ What happens then?

Jakeperson said:
The one that indicates way too early but can't turn it off because then the people behind you will know your high?

Naw, I haven't heard that one; the one I was thinking of was when he gets pulled over by a cop and starts profusely apologizing for speeding, upon which the officer reveals the pothead was doing 4 miles/kms an hour on the open road. Pothead is prompty arrested. =D

Modulus said:
I've never been through a drug bus, but i tend to avoid a 1-3 tonne explosive device whilst off my face, so i don't have much to worry about.

Well i assume your talking about cars.

Do you you know how hard they are to explode ? Seriously....

and

Liltoker said:
D Day, Dec 1 Qld :!

What ist das..... A prophecy ?

jessv3 said:
Im surprised to see all the comments about the tests failing .. I was with my friend about 4 months ago and she had dropped a pill about 3 hours earlier and we were driving home, the cop first breathalyzed her then shined the torch in her eyes and seen her eyes where big so got the drug kit out .. the swob came back with a positive result, so she was taken to the cop station where she had a blood test and then an officially charged with dui, it was not guaranteed she would loose her license so she went to court and the judge made her do all these programs and then after all that she still lost her license for 6 months and was slammed with all the court costs... its scared me enough to never dui.

Was this a booze bus? I would imagine if she'd taken a pill three hours earlier she would most likely have been showing fairly obvious facial signs that she was on drugs.

Was this a booze bus? I would imagine if she'd taken a pill three hours earlier she would most likely have been showing fairly obvious facial signs that she was on drugs.

You'd hope so. ;)

Since it seems whenever I'm out driving I'm driving friends or family, I'm never going to put myself in a situation where I could potentially harm them through having my driving skills degraded by whatever substance. Luckily I have a very open and good relationship with my folks, so it's easy for me to be able to say to them that I can't drive because I've taken a drug, I know that not a lot of other people have that privilege.

Well as long as you don't drive whilst under the influence of illegal drugs, you should be fine. Cannabis is one of the things I'm worried about possibly being detected long after the effects have worn off, I'm not a toker though.

scattered_raver said:
Cops can drug test from their cars, no bus required :'(

Holy fuck.

I always love how they ramp this shite up at the end of the year, just as everyone is wanting to unwind. Just enough to fuck with everyones head and install a nice bout of paranoia or criminal charges.

A Public Service Anouncement

There are a few Giant Scams (tm) in the world today.

Centralised Banking - Charging interest on money that doesn't exist.

The War on Terror - Cause problem. Enforce Solution.

The War on Drugs - Cause problem. Enforces Solution.

The point i am trying to make is that the people who justify roadside tests in being necessary to "protect us from dangerous drivers" are right to an extent. But are incredibly negligent and dangerous as they are missing the big picture.

These laws are an assault on the liberty, freedom and future of the Australian middle class designed purely to instigate fear and through harsh penalties beat us into submission.

The reason why things are so crazy in the world today is that the above are engineered to systematically strip the middle class (us) of (a) money and (b) power. Over the course of decades these policies will effectively eliminate the middle class and leave a ruling elite.

If you found the following hard to swallow, you are just in the matrix my friend.

Last edited:
These laws are an assault on the liberty, freedom and future of the Australian middle class designed purely to instigate fear and through harsh penalties beat us into submission.

Whilst I disagree with drug policy in this country, drug driving is dangerous and I have no problems with RDTs aside from the fact that they may detect a substance long after it's effect has worn off, there are no 'limits' as with alcohol and apparently they don't work to well.

The reason why things are so crazy in the world today is that the above are engineered to systematicaly strip the middle class (us) of (a) money and (b) power. Over the course of decades these policies will effectively elimate the middle class and leave a rulling elite.

I don't know about your views on central banks, but the War on Terror mos def could have been better thought out and I'm dead against the War on Drugs. I still doubt that they are specifically engineered to destroy the middle class; care to elaborate on exactly how?

Mr Blonde said:
I have no problems with RDTs aside from the fact that they may detect a substance long after it's effect has worn off, there are no 'limits' as with alcohol and apparently they don't work to well.

There are many flaws in the whole thing. Which is the point.

Basically now you will end up with a criminal record, which limits job opportunities and travel opportunities (no more trips to the U.S.A my friend) also a suspended licence and fines. All because some police officer detected cannabis in your system. The fact that a Beer could impair one more than the "cannabis" in question, and that the amount of cannabis is not quantified in any way can only be described as madness.

Consider two types of people in the world today.

Sheeple (Portmanteau of Sheep and People) Those who work, don't do drugs and don't ask questions.

People - Those people who work, may consume illicit substances, may take risks and may question what is wrong with the world today.

These policies almost engineered to decimate the risk takers leaving the sheeple who are unaware, to blindly serve the interests of the elite.

I don't know about your views on central banks, but the War on Terror mos def could have been better thought out and I'm dead against the War on Drugs. I still doubt that they are specifically engineered to destroy the middle class; care to elaborate on exactly how?

Humanity is bleeding my friend.

The powers that be are slowly making tiny cuts.

Over the course of decades the money and power of the middle class will bleed dry.

You will find the world will be a very different place when the elite have all the money technology and power.....

and we are left with nothing but to serve them....

oh my brother.

time traveler said:
Well i assume your talking about cars.

Do you you know how hard they are to explode ? Seriously....

No shit. But im driving a 1-3 tonne piece of metal, probably filled with mates of whom are sitting on 40-50 litres of extremely flammable liquid. Anyone remember the 4 or so blokes who died in Melbourne. Lost control dragging another car, hit a pole and the car exploded, all occupants were incinerated?

I'd like to be sober whilst in control of such a thing. They dont explode often i know, i know quite a bit about cars, but regardless of that, im not risking it.