• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Experiences with Amfonelic acid?

Maybe you had tolerance? Did you use anything dopaminergic in the near days prior to your attempts with AFA?
Maybe the effect of Amfonelic acid is too subtle for me but yet I snorted 50 mg and took 50 mg orally and I can't detect any effect from it.
Do your common doses of stimulants normal or relatively high?

Yeah, I take an high dose of Adderall every week. Though, I tried again this morning. Snorted ~~ 60 mg. I do not have the time line this time but after a while I started to feel anxious. My heartbeat started to increase and this same effect stayed the same from the dose a took at 9 AM to now which is 1 PM. So, I would say yesterday, I didn't waited long enough before taking the O-DSMT and couldn't really differ of which effects are cause by which. Also, I was nodding hard at night and even though I had a very bad night of sleep probably because of the stimulant effect of AFA.

Anyways, the effects are very similar to what I've experienced with desoxypipradrol but it only lasted shorter. I did not enjoy this experience. No euphoria, lots of anxiety.

EDIT: I'm wondering if mixing it with Adderall would make the experience positive. Adderall would probably override its effect I guess.

Last edited:
EDIT: I'm wondering if mixing it with Adderall would make the experience positive. Adderall would probably override its effect I guess.

First I thought the same - that mixing DRI with DRA would be smart move but after some research within BL I found thread about it. There are not a lot information about mechanism involved but opinions kinda the same - "no":

Would the combined effect of a weak dopamine releaser plus a weak dopamine reuptake inhibitor all result in some sort of euphoria
this combo would likely lead to more unpleasant stimulant effects than euphoria.
In my experience, this leads to exacerbated cardiovascular effects with euphoria attenuated in comparison to what one would expect additively.

ebola
Having a mechanism of action somewhat between release and reuptake inhibition is a vastly different affair from combining two separate agents.

ebola
I think that the idea in general is not feasible, too. Why solely influencing the intra- & extracellular DA-levels? Euphoria, as well as stimulation, is rarely an isolated effect of just one neurotransmitter, as I understood it.

Peace! - Murphy

So as I understand, theoretically your use of Adderall could probably wasted your experience (and there can be other factor like cross-tolerance - have no idea is there can be any between DRI and DRA). At least I hope so :D Nothing personal just I am waiting from day to day my AFA to come and I wouldn't want to be disappointed.

If anyone's interested I too wait for few other substances (which are partly DRA) and I don't want to waste my experience too or make it dangerous. So I will try AFA after I finish with others so my report of usage will be posted (if I won't be too lazy) probably on the next weekend or likely near mid of March.

First I thought the same - that mixing DRI with DRA would be smart move but after some research within BL I found thread about it. There are not a lot information about mechanism involved but opinions kinda the same - "no":

So as I understand, theoretically your use of Adderall could probably wasted your experience (and there can be other factor like cross-tolerance - have no idea is there can be any between DRI and DRA). At least I hope so :D Nothing personal just I am waiting from day to day my AFA to come and I wouldn't want to be disappointed.

If anyone's interested I too wait for few other substances (which are partly DRA) and I don't want to waste my experience too or make it dangerous. So I will try AFA after I finish with others so my report of usage will be posted (if I won't be too lazy) probably on the next weekend or likely near mid of March.

Hello !

This is my experience with this product, i'm a little disappointed...
First test on a Thursday morning, 2weeks ago :
10mg plugged, i've read that a dose is somewhat near 25mg oral or snort,
cuz" rectal administration i have decide to start low.
No particular effects, maybe a little stimulation, it could be placebo...
But after let's say 2-3hours after the plug i start to feel, strange in the mind,
and definitely feel something at this point physically, strange sensations in my legs not unpleasant, not pleasant too.
No euphoria at all, i was a bit disappointed about this one.
On the afternoon, i decide to redose, to see if i could feel something,
20 mg plugged, i have increase the dose...
But again, no particuliar effects, slightly stimulated...
I think the products is good quality because it comes from a trusted sources.
Note that i don't have any tolerance for stimulants.
Honestly, i hoped a good euphoria, and a pleasant experiences, but it seems to don't have the caracteristics i want :(
But, i will retest soon with 25/30mg rectal without tolerances. 2weeks between every experiences, so maybe tomorrow in the morning.
I prefer to wait at least 2weeks between every experiences to don't make tolerance and due to the caracteristics of the products, as i don't want to play shit with antibiotic compounds so i would like to keep it casual...
I stay optimist about the AFA, but maybe it won't be a recreational drug as i thoughted...
If anyone have some reports with the product, please share your experiences :)
Cybergollum i'm waiting for your reviews on this one ;)

Cheers !)

Hm, sorry to hear it didn't work (again!) :(
I was thinking maybe its pharmacology is just too complex and maybe it don't affect some people at all. But while thinking I found a page which contained a collection of conclusions from AFA studies. And there were next item:
However, analysis of DA reuptake kinetics obtained in the absence and presence of DAT blockade (by cocaine and amfonelic acid) revealed only minor differences in DAT functionality [6].
At least its pharmacology (regarding DRI) is more or less common so my thought was wrong. And I see only two explaining options:
1) you both ordered AFA from one source and there some problem with quality of chem (I think I ordered it from same source so actually I expect I won't be satisfied too). Another yet similar version is vendors are different but they used same lab for making AFA. And lab made a mistake.
2) you have some high and maybe even permanent tolerance to DRIs (natural or gained). But I think you would notice this when/if used ethylphenidate or something similar.

Cybergollum i'm waiting for your reviews on this one ;)
:) Okay.

Last edited:
I tried amfonelic acid last weekend, and I gotta say that I am confused. I didnt really feel anything, but there where two episodes during the weekend that I know now, were not real. I hallucinated certain situations, like worms in my blood when I cut my leg. I never felt I was high or drugged. I even went to the hospital to have my leg checked....and I looked like an idiot. Took me three days to realize I did experience some effect.

^^ worms... amp psyhosis? how much did you take?

anyone got info on dosage BA's / ROA's?

:/ That's not good at all, and it seems my dosages for insufflated were/are a lot lower than most around here.

I started with a 4mg dose, I took bigger doses later...i think I may have insufflated around 24mg total. I wish I could figure out the right dose. I still have a gram left. In the past, when caught in the middle of a psychotic episode from over-doing stims, I have been able to ride it and be ok 'cause I knew I was under the effects of a drug, but with AFA I was completely clueless.

Last edited:
First attempt : ~~ 25 mg snorted

+ 0:30 : I feel a little something going on but not much. + ~~25 mg snorted.

+ 1:00 : I still don't feel anything much. I wondering if this chemical is active when snorted. I cannot even think that the chemical I got is bullshit since it comes from my favorite vendor which always have excellent stuff.

Now trying my other chemical I got today.

+ 1:15 ~~ 75 mg of O-desmethyltramadol snorted.

+ 1:45 ... What is wrong with those chemicals... I practically feel sober.

+ 2:00 Making a mix of ~~ 50 mg Amfonelic acid + 100 mg of O-DSMT in water. Both seem very water soluble and dissolve instantly. I drink the mix.

+ 2:30 I start to come up on the O-DSMT, I feel a little opiated. No sign of Amfonelic acid yet.

Maybe the effect of Amfonelic acid is too subtle for me but yet I snorted 50 mg and took 50 mg orally and I can't detect any effect from it. I'll try to take it alone some other day.

I know this post is about a month old, but I just wanted to comment that if indeed the alleged Amfonelic Acid dissolved in water as readily as you stated, than this is not amfonelic acid. amfonelic acid is practically insoluble in water.

I know you mentioned that you highly doubt it is "bullshit" as you bought it from a vendor you trust and use often, but as I said, Amfonlic should not dissolve in water without doing some major ph adjustment. I know source discussion is not allowed, but I know of only 1 vendor in the US that carries this. Did you purchase from a US vendor. Perhaps one that specializes in nootropics? I'd be very curious if that's the case as I have some from this US vendor, and it is completely insoluble In water, as it should be.

I just tried dissolving some AFA in alcohol. It isn't working either, there's a lot of yellowish particles floating arround. Im sure people that know chemistry read these posts and laugh.

I know you mentioned that you highly doubt it is "bullshit" as you bought it from a vendor you trust and use often, but as I said, Amfonlic should not dissolve in water without doing some major ph adjustment.

My AFA isn't soluble too, btw...
But what about O-DSMT? Maybe it made AFA soluble? I mean, does O-DSMT alkaline or not? Is it neutral and can't affect solubility of AFA?

It's been awhile since I said I will share experiences with AFA. Sadly but there's almost nothing to talk about. I tried it from 5 mg to 100 mg at one dosage per oral (without previous boost doses) and didn't feel much. I used it during stim binges and when I was mostly sober prior to usage (for example, like today - recently I ate 40 mg AFA with 1L of beer and a bit of etizolam during last ~5 hours, and I didn't use any stims for a week or so for now). Still nothing and nothing.
Few times I injected solution (dissolved by adding sodium bicarbonate as I mentioned in near thread).
All experiences didn't produce any noticeable effects: neither physical, nor psychological.

"Sad but true". Sigh...

I have (if I don't miss something) near 150 mg left of it. Should I try this big dose at once or it would be better just flush it away? Or maybe just leave it for few months when I will be clean from any drugs for at least few weeks? But I am almost sure it won't happen because... "hello, I'm cybergollum and I'm drug-addicted", ha! :)

Anyway, it is kinda disappointment for me because AFA sounded like very, very promising substance (even despite it has antibiotic properties).

ps: I prevaricated a bit - of course I felt (and feel) something but it's not much recognizable. Even cup of coffee or regular (pr even LOW) dose of any stimulant would cause better and stronger feelings.

pps: despite ~8+ mg of etizolam still don't feel tired or sleepy (here is 6:00, morning and I supposed to sleep at least 3 hours ago, maybe this is all AFA able to - to be like coffee but without high of coffee, without motivation, without anything good and just like sleep-suppressant? Ah, poor, sad chemical...). Gosh, I so much wait my mdpv, 3-fp and methylone (sorry for offtopic) - at least with them I could be sure I would feel something warm, functional and pleasant.

Last edited:
Recently I discovered that AFA is an amazing supplement to work out, At the gym. Motivation, focus and an amphetamine-like euphoria comes on once the adrenaline reaches a certain level. I left the gym totally high, energized. I didn't have to sleep for two days after that experience. I even lost appetite, just like a methamphetamine experience. It took me by surprise, It started with a feeling of detachment like a ketamine hit, while in the middle of cardio,and after a while it gave way to a typical DRI high. Just as good,just as bad (working out leaves me famished but I had no hunger, like on a meth come down). I will try to replicate the results in two days from now.

Last edited:
Amfonelic acid (Experience)

(nutshell background info) I've been a Judicious user of of Amphetamines (and phenidates here and there) for 30 years. Experienced cath. and most of its popular (worth while) analogues up to the production year of 2010.

Let's see... "AMFONELIC ACID" Very unique to say the least. Expensive, which is a good thing and understood given the composition. 42mg fired down the hatch... over a two and a half period, nothing perceptible. Jumped into the red zone after almost three hours with 27-32 mg, smelling better now. 15 min Later, BOOM, Outta here! The short cut met up with the long way home at the turn. The most intense DA flooding I have experienced. Imagine this substance with potent DRI, and an (by the way) antibiotic attribute. No seemingly NA, or cardiovascular type side effects. For me though the DA response was so indulging (maybe even overwhelming) it was as though my Brian responded to the DA by manually ramping up its own effect on NA. I had a modest increase in heart rate (64 to 93), BP rose about 10 points on diastolic, and systolic. And some shortness in breathing. Had to pull out a seroquile, and a benzo as a matter of fact. No psychosis symptoms, more of a safe guard, but the NA was unpredictable at that dose. It last maybe 8-10. It's a degression after 4-6 though in terms of positive effects. I would say 3-4 hours of strong reinforcement on par. You have to be careful with this one. I only acquired .25, and I will not be reordering. Amazing DA experience though, and clean focusing.

Shit. Im beginning to think the AFA "high" may be enzyme-dependent, as with loperamide. Ive taken heroic doses of amfonelic acid to no positive effect (besides worms/snakes n ladders spawning inside my body, heh), certainly no "DA flooding"...uh, unless we are talking about psychosis...no pleasure, I meant.

Last edited:
So i am windering if i can use this drug therputically. I am on methadone which causes a severe dopmine rush when you you take it and also a now a huge crash for ne everyday. I know its from the dopamine because i wint be sick but after i dose my methafine im more takitive im more "myself"
This seems like a drug yo good to be true. Are there side effects with using this substance everyday to keep my dopamine levels even? Or will i ruin them forever by using a dopamine agonist everday. I already am screwed when i get off this methadone as most patients are quite deppressed for months after sobriety. Any thoughys would be great huys kinda going through a eough spot and i hope mabey this is a answer.

I don't think it would be a good idea to use such a potent and selective dopaminergic drug--especially one with only limited anecdotal reports in humans, and which is known to be an antibiotic--your gastrointestinal system is already likely fucked enough from your methadone. You'll do it worse if you start killing off your intestinal flora.

If you think you need a dopaminergic drug, you'd be much better looking for a traditional stimulant. I'm assuming that you're drug tested and so can't use an amphetamine. In that case look for a -phenidate analogue like isopropylphenidate or ethylphenidate. But realistically, I don't think a dopaminergic will do you any good if you're worried about relieving come downs from the methadone. It will just make that comedown worse by compounding it with its own comedown.

Some people say that NMDA antagonists can help prevent upregulation of dopamine receptors and stage of tolerance. You could give that a try--you can find DXM in over-the-counter cold products, or look online for the various RC options. But again, I'm not sure how honestly I could recommend that course of action, since NMDA antagonists are impairing and addictive in their own right.

If you can get you hands on naltrexone, there's evidence that microdosing small quantities of naltrexone (an opioid antagonist) alongside opiates blocks the pro-inflammatory receptor kinases associated with mu-receptor activation and partially prevents the induction of analgesic tolerance.

From what I hear methadone maintenance is a lot more work than suboxone therapy, and with lower success rates at achieving sobriety. Is there any particular reason you wouldn't just switch to subs?

And if/when you get off opioids, your best bet of staying off them and helping with PAWS is to just throw yourself into something really physical--start running every day, or pick up bodybuilding or powerlifting as a hobby/sport. You really want something that can distract you and keep you busy, and these physical activities have the added bonus of releasing endogenous opioid compounds which should help get you some relief and also get you "back to normal" sooner.

Last edited:
I don't think it would be a good idea to use such a potent and selective dopaminergic drug--especially one with only limited anecdotal reports in humans, and which is known to be an antibiotic--your gastrointestinal system is already likely fucked enough from your methadone. You'll do it worse if you start killing off your intestinal flora.

If you think you need a dopaminergic drug, you'd be much better looking for a traditional stimulant. I'm assuming that you're drug tested and so can't use an amphetamine. In that case look for a -phenidate analogue like isopropylphenidate or ethylphenidate. But realistically, I don't think a dopaminergic will do you any good if you're worried about relieving come downs from the methadone. It will just make that comedown worse by compounding it with its own comedown.

Some people say that NMDA antagonists can help prevent upregulation of dopamine receptors and stage of tolerance. You could give that a try--you can find DXM in over-the-counter cold products, or look online for the various RC options. But again, I'm not sure how honestly I could recommend that course of action, since NMDA antagonists are impairing and addictive in their own right.

If you can get you hands on naltrexone, there's evidence that microdosing small quantities of naltrexone (an opioid antagonist) alongside opiates blocks the pro-inflammatory receptor kinases associated with mu-receptor activation and partially prevents the induction of analgesic tolerance.

From what I hear methadone maintenance is a lot more work than suboxone therapy, and with lower success rates at achieving sobriety. Is there any particular reason you wouldn't just switch to subs?

And if/when you get off opioids, your best bet of staying off them and helping with PAWS is to just throw yourself into something really physical--start running every day, or pick up bodybuilding or powerlifting as a hobby/sport. You really want something that can distract you and keep you busy, and these physical activities have the added bonus of releasing endogenous opioid compounds which should help get you some relief and also get you "back to normal" sooner.
Subs don't really work that good. IMO in the long run most everyone i know relapsed is still taking them or on methadone.
But no it would be more of a Hassel switching to subs I get take home's and only go 1 time a month. My life is good I have no want to use opiates and I am saving more money than ever before. My life has done a 360 since I got on methadone and diddnt abuse it either.
And yes I have looked into traditional mda agonists recently. I have started taking 300mgs of wekabutrin daily and it has dramatically decreased the crash I get in between doses. It works very well it seems and no stimulation like phenidates.
I want to get off it dude but I have been on it since I was 18 I am now 30 I got off it once and did not feel like myself. I realize now it was dopamine at play. So I relapsed. It keeps me sober besides weed I can fake piss tests there so drug testing is not the issue. But welkabutrin so far has worked wonders.
I know afa has some antibiotic properties but I assumed that they were so miniscule that it would not be a issue.
Nugz

Last edited: