• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Experienced Cocaine Users - I have a question

cestwen

Greenlighter
i do about one or two lines of coke 3 times a week for about a month or two now but just today my nose started to hurt. It doesnt hurt while im snorting but rather 3-4 hours later. the pain can be described as a sharp, .03 second long jab inside one of my nostril but not on the wall. I dont think its the quality of the cocaine because i only need to do one line to get a high that lasts 40 minutes however I'm not ruling out the possibility that it might be the quality of the coke either. i tend to feel the pain more when im breathing in air and when i cover my nostril it helps a little bit. i also have an excessive runny nose in addition to this pain. im going to lay off the coke for right now but has anyone experienced this before and might possibly have a remedy to cease this discomfort? I find it weird that my nose is reacting like this 4 hours after i do the coke.

any insight would be helpful

It's normal for nasal irritation from street cocaine (due to impurities/cuts) to exist hours (even a day or more) after snorting it.

yea it could be good coke that gives a good buzz but is cut with something horrid.. or it could just be you .. i use to do yay all the time and never had a problem.. now i do it about once or twice a year and always end up with a bloody nose

I'd suggest rinsing your nose out with saline spray or water before the pain to see if that helps.

Your nose wont hurt immediately cuz you just snorted an anastestic but who knows what its cut with.

Your nose wont hurt immediately cuz you just snorted an anastestic but who knows what its cut with.

Usually lidocaine (the stuff dentists use) is added to give that numb feeling (but it won't get you high), and fuck knows what else...amphetamines, a RC drug whatever..

Recent studies in the UK have found that a gram of street coke contains somewhere between 4 percent & 9 percent of actual cocaine (perhaps a bit more if you know the right people)

And all these claims that its ''straight off the block'' is bullshit. Re-pressed crap all day.

:\No big surprise then that those in the know turned to mephedrone etc...

Try some petroleum jelly or eucerin ointment for the irritation. It has helped me in the past.

could u even feel coke that is only 4% pure unless u did the entire g all at once? seems like that would be straight bunk unless its got Meth or something else to supply the effects....

Hello everyone, thanks for all the replies, however, it's the second day and my nose is still hurting. I can't tell whether it's less intense than yesterday's or if I've just gotten used to it. I tried rinsing with water and saline but the pain is still persistent. Right now the only thing that helps to alleviate the pain is to use a finger and apply pressure on the nostril. I've dealt with discomfort in my nose from cocaine before but this one seems entirely different. Or maybe I'm just over thinking, it might help if someone describes how their nose feels when it's irritated.

Plus if your nose was ever operated on, snorting coke is virtually impossible, you will bleed from day one. This is because of the scar tissue.

You probably just had an irritated spot in your nose that got "rubbed" a bit too much by the coke causing it to be sort of raw.....its happened to me several times before. Feels kind of similar to after picking a gnarly booger out of your nose that still had a little skin stuck to it, leaving you with a little sore spot that stings every now and then, especially when you breath in and the cooler air whips across the exposed area.

Best to lay off the insufflation for a while.....give it time to heal, and like they said...maybe put some sort of ointment(thats meant to be applied in the nostril) on it for a while. Maybe a gentle saline based nasal spray.

Sometimes its what your snorting it with (note, straw etc) that causes the irritation.

Sometimes its what your snorting it with (note, straw etc) that causes the irritation.
This is common because the nose is totally numbed. You can litteraly plow the inside of your nose without feeling a thing. The straw should not intrude into the nasal cavity. Its end should be level with the nostrils. Or better, learn to snort without any tube-shaped implement (use a tea spoon).

If your going to use coke anything more than 'on special occassions' I absolutely implore you to pick up some Sterimar or equivalant and use it before, during and after your sessions. I only found out about the stuff once I got to the 'blowing out scab chunks' stage, and now my septum only goes up a centimetre at most.. thank god I quit when I did.

Cocaine is an 'Alkaloid'. Under a microscope the hydrochloride looks like tiny razor blades. Johnny Carson's nose caved in on him from extensive use. You're next if you keep snorting!!LOL

^ yes definently...

i used to do mounds of yellowish tinted, chunky sparkles....it definitely cuts the shit out of your nose, never had a bloody nose from it but had similar pain to what the OP is saying...most likely a cut or a sore inside your nose from tooting =) some time off to heal is definitely ideal.

QUESTION: I am totally new to this forum and the use of Coke alone. I have some concerns that I feel might be temporary, but a bitch until I'm through with. Anyway, I tried Coke 2 months ago my first time. Since then, I have used MAYBE 2grams myself, in this roast 2 months. This past week , I actually did it 3 days in a row. Between 4 of us, it was only probably about 1.5 grams. Now, 3 days later, all this having started 2 days ago (also the day after last use of Coke) I have sores on my tongue mouth and gums, my throat WAS extremely soar, that much is at least less intense now, and also some of my gums is turning black. There was some black by my molar, and I thought that had to do with my wisdom tooth coming in, however today, now there is some blackening towards the front of my mouth, where you Can see if I were to smile. Sunday I also came down with an insane fever, which I assumed was from a night of Coke & drinking followed by the next day of poor cement in my back yard for 3 hours in 103 degree weather.
My fever is gone, my sores continue to hurt and spread. I currently have a total of 6, and I am noticing more black gum. Do I worry and consult in a dentist or Doctor?! Is this temporary, how can I help/reduce/relieve the side effects? My nose also got a bit raw, but I expected that. I have used ibuprofen and oragel for pain and robatusin for my throat. I read that possibly using mouth wash might help and I've done that a few times. So is this just a temporary bitch and if so any more suggestions other than laying off the white girl, or is this more serious and should I look into it more seriously with a dr?? Thank you anyone for any advice in advance. I have always been very anti drug all my life, I even try to stay away from cough medicine and pain pills even if I were sick, but now I'm doing it all ? Lesson learned. Please help.

Sounds like you're having some reactions to the cuts that were present in the cocaine. Consult with a dentist, no one can really tell you what's wrong with your mouth over the internet.

Thank you mazda01. I believe you're right. What I'm really concerned with is knowing if this will turn into long term or not, which is hope/doubt it doesn't, but a dentist might be best to ask