• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Experience with arms falling asleep

olderblue2

Greenlighter
my friend is well aware of the implications of iv sub use, but he does it anyways and says he'll stop soon. he says he does about .75-1mg/day total. he has complained of his arms falling asleep at night. Is there anything he can do to help supplement better circulation? Stopping the insanity this ROA is definitely on the table.

Welcome back olderblue. No need to blame your friends, or someone who isn't you.

I haven't started IV'ing yet (don't plan on it, but that's how those things go), but I'm worried your arm isn't about circulation, but a nerve thing. Then again, not a doctor either.

He's not entirely sure it's a nervous issue, although you may be correct. He says it is a circulation issue because just like your leg falling asleep while on the toilet, he gets tingling and numbness, and after a few shakes his arm is awake again. He's been trying to do push ups, and stay hydrated, but he knows what the real solution is.

It sounds like a nerve issue to me as well. What part of the arm is your friend injecting in? IV drug use period is very bad for one's circulation...

Hey There OB2,
I don't post much, but I've been around here for ages as well.
I have the same problem as you do! Well, a similar problem anyways.
Been on-and-off subs for over a year and been dealing with the numbness in my arms and hands for months.
Essentially, my arms and/or hands are tingly and numb throughout the night and every morning when I wake up.
I can't stand it! It's real annoying.
I haven't done anything about it yet.
Basically I just tolerate and ignore it.
I'll post more when I have more time available.
Take care,
BF