• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Exist in Peace, Sepher

herbavore

Bluelight Crew
I have just gotten word that Sepher has died. Sepher gave of himself, through humor and wit and honesty and empathy, to those here on Bluelight as well as to everyone in his life elsewhere. He was an amazing human being and he brought light into the world every day. Even in his own dark times, he never had trouble summoning words of hope for others.

One of the sweetest and kindest acts that anyone has ever done for me was to follow me into my own son's shrine here on Bluelight. He subscribed to the thread so that he could see when I posted something and he always took the time to read it and to engage me in a conversation about what I had written. He let me have my grief, never tried to talk me out of it--he just let me know that he was off to the side somewhere holding a flashlight for my way back. Our deep friendship grew out of this seemingly small act of genuine kindness.

I never thought I would see the day that Neil's name would be here. He has left many people missing him but no one more than his devoted partner. This shrine is a place to remember Neil--to tell our stories of his gifts. He would want us to laugh more than cry but we will undoubtedly do both.

Bluelight is sometimes like a planet with huge craters. They open up and swallow beautiful souls and those of us still standing are left with words that cannot describe at all the enormity of the loss.

I am devastated to bring this hard news that we have lost a great man, friend to so many here in TDS and throughout Bluelight. Sepher has died. I received a message from his devastated partner today. A shrine has been created for him here.

Sepher gave so much to so many here, especially in the alcoholism thread. TDS has lost one of the great voices that make our community so extraordinary. He did not have a harsh bone in his body. He rarely gave "advice". He gave empathy in the form of honest talk, a sense of shared experience, honest questions and always, always his great British wit and way with words.

Our moderation team has lost a vital team member and Bluelight has lost an important member. The world has lost a unique being of intelligence, compassion and generosity, to name just a few.

I have never liked the term "rest in peace" though I know it comes from a compassionate place. It's just that I can't see wishing someone as vital and alive as Neil "rest". I think he would rather not. And so I I say, E.I.P. my friend. Exist in beauty as you always did.

Dreadful news...just heard elsewhere...

Such a friendly, intelligent, non-judgmental, kind-hearted dude. Will miss him terribly :(

RIP

really sad

very coincidental his name was the main character of Mysterious Skin.

Bluelight is sometimes like a planet with huge craters. They open up and swallow beautiful souls and those of us still standing are left with words that cannot describe at all the enormity of the loss.

Well said

Rest in peace

:(

Sepher was a man of great intellect, wit, compassion and understanding. He had empathy by the bucket load and getting to know him through the forums and the odd email was a real pleasure. He was a beautiful person and if I am a collection of everyone I have ever known I am certainly a better person for having known him.

i only knew him from his rare-but-lengthy Lounge posts, seemed like he was a cut above the rest though. RIP Sepher.

Oh no... I also just read this elsewhere and came over here to see if it was real. :(

Neil, I'm one of the many people you helped immeasurably, particularly in February of this year when I had my surgery. You helped me keep focused on getting well. You did so much for so many here and elsewhere, though you were open about your struggles, you always cared about others first. I hope the other side is treating you well and that you find the peace that eluded you in life. Please look after us always. <3

This really sucks. I didnt know him personally, but saw his posts around bluelight over the years first a lurker and now a member. i hope hes found peace.

R.I.P.

It all continues to mount on me coming from all sides
I see life is relentless in its pain
like a barren desert without rain
a sunny day that just won't come
a silent beat on a drum
no where is there pleasure or peace until our breathing final cease
only then may we love again
may we call those around us friend
we can unload the burdens off our back
and let our painful memories fade to black

chevy daniels

Perhaps if death is kind, and there can be returning,
We will come back to earth some fragrant night,
And take these lanes to find the sea, and bending
Breathe the same honeysuckle, low and white.

We will come down at night to these resounding beaches
And the long gentle thunder of the sea,
Here for a single hour in the wide starlight
We shall be happy, for the dead are free.

~Sara Teasdale

<3<3<3<3<3

Last edited:
Sepher,

You encouraged me to put my application in to be a moderator. I was skeptical at first but you told me how awesome i would be as part of the team, so i submitted my application.

I remember our lengthy PM's that we would have -- me late at night and you early in the morning -- just talking. You are such a kind soul.

I can't believe you've left this world. It's still hard for me to imagine. When I got news of that today my heart sank and tears just started flowing. This world, and Bluelight, will not be the same without you.

Rest easy my friend.

xx

PS- Remember when I was sick and I asked for natural remedies? Well as soon as you told me this I did try and it and did help.

Turmeric is an ancient Ayurvedic treatment for coughs, colds, all sorts: anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, decongestant, pretty much proven. Half a teaspoon turmeric powder in a little boiled water once or twice a day might help.

Last edited:
Sepher <3 I don't quite have the words yet that are worthy for your thread. I don't think I ever will have the right ones to explain what I feel and how I felt about you.

You were and are a beautiful soul. I am so thankful to have gotten the chance to see and know you. I wish I had more time.

This is another tragedy , it's getting really out of hand round BL atm .

Sepher you were an inspiration mate , was thinking about you recently as i needed some advice .

Where ever you are , Step lightly Brother <3